TBC Dual Spec

Wh-what? Unavoidable? They recreated it for Classic and are removing that TBC era batching from Classic TBC. It’s not “unavoidable” because they put it back in for the sake of authenticity. You know, the thing you purport to care about?

1 Like

What don’t you understand? Lag is not a feature of the game… it’s a byproduct of the hardware you have available. Choosing a spec and making a choice is.

2 Likes

Says the Rogue who has only one spec…DPS

I’m all for dual specs, especially in an era where finding tanks and healers can be problematic on a lot of servers; especially in the later updates as people tend to drop off.

2 Likes

You’re not that ignorant right? I can play 4 different specs at any given time. I’ve also ranked to 13 and had to pay 100g+/week to swap between combat daggers for raiding, and sub daggers for pvp. I did this for 3.5 months.

It wasn’t a big deal. Stop being lazy.

3 Likes

You don’t understand what spell batching is. Alright then.

golf clap. Congrats on playing enough to be able to spend 1400 gold in 3-1/2 months to allow you to swap from PVP to Raiding.

sarcasm on Lazy you say? Yep, I’m lazy. I have a boatload of time that will allow me to log in and run dungeons or farming when I’m not raiding. My job and school isn’t that important. sarcasm off

Ignoring PVP, since it isn’t for everyone, a Rogue is DPS. Doesn’t matter if you’re dagger, sword, or whatever. That is your role.

Druids and Paladins on the other hand can fill different roles.

So maybe it should be called Re-Role or Alt-Spec.

In any case, having an alternate spec/role system will help with imbalances with tanks and heals.

Dual spec is a wrath feature /thread
People who want multiple gear sets still worked toward that
Gold is not nearly as painful in tbc as it was in classic/vanilla I doubt you even played tbc.

4 Likes

If you want dual spec go play on a wrath private server.

2 Likes

They don’t really want to avoid the 50g gold cost but want the ability to change on the fly whenever. Which is exactly what I don’t want. I am perfectly fine with them making a gold sink one-time cost to make respecs free but I am pretty sure they don’t REALLY care about the gold and just use that as an excuse.

1 Like

Its an mmoRPG. Everything you do has consequences. Dual spec was not in TBC and it should not be this time.

3 Likes

You doubt I played TBC because I want a feature in the game that would have greatly improved the experience the first time I played it? Back then we didn’t get dual specs that doesn’t mean we cant try this time around. There have already been far bigger changes made to the game both from Blizzard introducing changes and to how the game is now played by the community. TBC like classic will be a very different world to what it once was. We can try and make it even better.

Those people who argue “just go play retail” are ridiculous. Go play a completely different game because I want a feature added that will greatly improve the quality of the game for the majority of players. That is like me arguing “go play POE if you want your talent choices to be important”. Ridiculous.

Surely we can understand we are all heavily invested into classic/tbc and we are just trying to improve the game to make our experience this time around even more enjoyable.

Thundathighs the gold and gear lord did not quite understand the simplicity of the heroics ramps example I gave. My basic example of the healer doing their dailies is a very real world example that has created a shortage of healers and tanks in classic.

Reading through the comments the only argument against this feature that directly impacts a player is it will make filler roles like smite priests irrelevant as people will expect you to have the best of both specs. I agree with you on this, it could have an impact here if your guild / friends expect this of you. Unfortunately, this is a very small number of the player base and the amount of people wanting (needing) dual specs is far greater. But yes I agree your reason against is valid.

The other argument that holds some value (although little) is raiders will swap specs during raids. They are not unable to do this today and as most of you have argued the gold to do this is trivial so its not hard to just swap anyway. This could also be avoided by locking your spec to your Raid ID unless you go to town and pay for the reset like you do today. Easily fixed without any impact to current game play.

For those of you arguing that its only 100g a week do not understand how many of us play this game. 100g a week is correct if you are swapping twice, many of us swap far more than this and with Arena coming out this only gets worse for those of us focused on PVE and PVP content. Not an issue if your raid logging or jumping around in town not doing much but if you’re out and about playing different facets of the game it can be far more than 100g a week.

A compromise to dual specs that has been suggested is a PVP spec that activates in Arena. I would also add in BGs to this suggestion as its just as important. While this falls short in helping with the shortage of tanks and healers we will face in TBC it does address my main concern and that’s to not worry about doing arena / bgs with my team and switching back to raid with my guild multiple times during the week. This suggestion also has zero impact on any PVE content or player. It only improves the quality of the people participating in those PVP activities.

6 Likes

The two main counter arguments I see are “The game needs the gold-sink” and “It’s only 100g a week”.

I understand that the game needs the gold-sink but the economy is so f***ed from bots that PVPers spending 100g a week isn’t going to even scratch the surface. People are chilling on gold-cap from GDKP runs. Also as other people have mentioned you can just add like a 3000gold dual spec option if we really need the gold-sink that badly.

As for the “its only 100g a week” argument, if you are respeccing right before/after each raid then its not too bad. But what if your guild raids 2-3 days a week? What if you have a couple hours before your raid and you want to do some PVP with friends but you don’t think its worth spending 100g for just a couple of games? If you raid once a week on your character and you have set days/times you PVP with friends then it’s not too bad, but otherwise you have to weigh up whether or not you think you are going to get 100g worth of fun with your friends. I can guarantee there will be lots of times where I want to PVP with friends but decide not to because I don’t want to spend the gold for just a couple of games. Feels like its just restricting our chance for fun and good memories.

If it was up to me I would do 2000-3000g dual spec purchase. A 1hour CD timer on changing spec. You can only change specs in cities/inns. There are likely issues with this, as with almost any system, but I think this has the most pros with the least cons.

2 Likes

If you watch the streams during the Q&As… people just spam DUAL SPEC… it is clearly wanted by a lot of people.

1 Like

No dual spec, period. That was a WotLK feature, this is not WotLK. Why not start asking for LFG and Raid Finder as well. If you can’t enjoy the game without all the new retail features then Classic isn’t for you.

On topic I plan on doing arena hardcore while also raiding, dual spec would save me alot of money but I want TBC to be as close to the original as possible.

Also yall are acting like you can do raids in PvP spec. Half the classes can do PvE activities and clear all raids as their PvP spec.

5 Likes

Just because you don’t see them in your group doesn’t mean they don’t exist. I’ve raided and killed every boss in WoW Classic running in this spec in a dedicated guild team. To say they only would exist in heroics and pugs I don’t believe will be the case especially since the spec is much better in TBC than it was in Classic. So the output will be far closer to the top specs than it was throughout Classic up to this point.

1 Like

I think you’re going a little exaggerated they did say some changes And if you watch the interviews they did a dress lft actually and they clarified they’re not going to bring it in nor will they ever bring it in.

Now they are technically going to bring in the version they had anicia Li but they are going to alter it so it works more like the group finder in legion.

But you still have to talk to people and you still have to interact with people to get into groups which quite honestly I think that’s fine.

But there’s a very big difference between Dual spec and lfd,

Ones helpful and lets players experiment a little bit more and gives players more freedom the other one destroys a core concept of the game itself quite different in my opinion.

I’ll be honest all the changes that they’ve listed so far I’ve liked and Why the reasons why classic was so badd was because of #NoChanges.

I think all spec is just a good feature I think it’s nothing but positive and I personally think it’s fine

2 Likes

Ya TBC should have dual spec.

Any of you “meaningful choicers” out there, feel free to never respec a single time, and be permanently locked into every single talent point you put into a talent tree for your roleplay reasons or w/e goes on in your brains.

Just because respeccing or dual spec might be available doesn’t mean you have to ever use them.

8 Likes

So are you for dual spec or against it?

I vote for dual spec for BC.

Unlike removing stuff like spell batching and world buffs that are undoubtedly positive changes in my mind, I can agree Dual Spec is one of the more slightly controversial changes in the #SomeChanges move.

I see dual spec as a positive change solely to have a PVP and a PVE spec without the requirement to respec every time you wanna do one. I am a PVP player generally, but since the bosses in BC are going to be pre-nerf at least for a while, I see a chance that unlike vanilla classic ,BC classic raiding become challenging and fun. So I am considering doing PVE too.

Now, most classes have total different builds for PVP and PVE, so if you really want to do both PVP and PVE, you’ll have 2 options. 1. respec every single time 2. do the content with the wrong spec. Neither of above options are optimal and fun.

Lastly, some people say that respecing in BC is not gonna cost a lot, so you can respec for raids every week. I disagree with that. Imagine this scenario:

I start the week in PVP spec and it’s SSC/TK raid time, so i go respec, lets say 50g. After raid I want to PVP, so i have to respec, another 50g. Next day, I wanna do a PuG Kara, another 50g. Again back to PVP, another 50g. Now I want to run some heroics, so i gotta go with PVP spec or another 50g. back to PVP another 50g. The Kara PuG failed to kill Prince, so i need to go back in cuz i want the bow, another 50g. back to PVP another 50g. More heroics and more PVP … 50g, 50g, 50g … You sum up the numbers.

So if there is not gonna be a dual spec, I will most likely have 2 different main toons, one main for PVP and one main for PVE and that’s not fun, cuz i want one main …

2 Likes

Yeah I herria II hear ya Believe me I’m for it I want it 100% in the game I think it should have been in classic in fact.

I mean again #Some changes.

That’s a change that would be welcomed extremely