TBC Dual Spec

Boosts and dual spec are completely different things. Another reason to ask for dual spec is because they are doing things like boosts and giving seal of blood to alliance. Might not even be asking for dual spec if those things weren’t done. Also boosts are way more #somechanges than dual spec. I’d say dual spec is a far more reasonable thing to ask for than boosts. and we got boosts anyways.

1 Like

Boosts change nothing about the meta or the game itself. It doesn’t affect the game outside of populating areas a bit more and allowing people to play relevant content.

Dual specs fundamentally change the game.

1 Like

In all fairness, boosts do affect the game. But if nothing is done about the botting and gold selling problem, that affect is basically non-existent. The affect caused by it is people can have multiple accounts boosted to which they can have as profession alts for making gold. It would be a form of Pay to Win, but as said. If gold selling is still prevalent, they won’t pay for the accounts. They will just buy the gold.

All this does is punish tanks and healers, which are the roles you need most in the game, because questing and other things are a major pain in the neck for those roles. Yeah,. choices matter. But you usually reward people for making the less popular choices, not punish them.

Why do you hate tanks and healers?

3 Likes

I didn’t say you can’t just you having to fork out 50g to respec to run arena is not comparable to making my spec be destroyed. It’s not really a comparable detriment.

I also have mentioned before that I’d be fine with a 1-time cost to get free respecs just not dual-spec. You’d still be able to do arena but it would prevent my spec from being worthless as you couldn’t just easily hot swap

Dual talent specialization kinda goes against the classic experience. It’s suppose to be slightly clunky, and your spec is supposed to be your identity, your biggest choice. Adding dual spec just cheapens the whole thing. If they add dual specialization, which is a major gameplay change, why not just add live LFR? It’s convenient! Why not?

3 Likes

#DualSpec in tbc

I’m on that train bro I was so angry they did not bring this up at blizzcon Remember #SomeChanges

And this would be a very very good change please give us dual spec blizzard Pretty please with a cherry on top.

I hope I get invited to the Beta and I’m going to be Spam me that if I can.

2 Likes

Maybe someone already pointed this out, if they did ignore me.

I’m not against Duel Specs in TBC. With daily quest and the way gold is in Classic right now, the gold to respec isn’t an issue. I’m in the crowd of people that doesn’t care either way.

But if they did add it, I wouldn’t want Dual Spec to be how it is in retail with how you can just respec anytime and anywhere. That would change how people do raids with people changing specs in-between bosses. Maybe have a CD to your respec or make it so you have to go to your class trainer to activate your other spec. Not sure, but don’t want respeccing in the middle of a raid.

1 Like

If Dual Specs are so important to you, go play retail. If you want to play an authentic iteration of this game with minimal changes, play TBCC.

I want to point out many of the features that led to the mass exodus of the player-base from Cataclysm onward, started out as discussions like this. Players looking for easier ways to play the game. Build on these discussions and implementations, and you have retail.

3 Likes

People can request whatever they want, stop gatekeeping. We already had a bunch of changes in Classic and we’re getting more in TBC. Dual spec is widely requested, we’ll see what they do.

3 Likes

You’re mistaking a having a discussion for gatekeeping.

3 Likes

You’re telling people to go to retail, that’s not a discussion.

Minimal changes?

• Removal of TBC era spell batching. This is a significantly larger change than Dual Spec.
  • We have the modern raid frames in Classic and will have them in TBC. They’re a huge upgrade over what we had in TBC.
  • Paladins of the opposing factions are getting an ability they never had in TBC.
  • Arena matchmaking and team roster changes.
  • Content is being delayed from its original release schedule.
  • We have upgraded graphics options that are also coming to TBC (water, shadows; etc.)
  • Drums nerf.
  • From what I understand, the modern group finder UI will be in.
  • The censored Chinese models can be enabled with a simple console command.

Tons and tons more.

3 Likes

This is something that the COMMUNITY wants! Please Blizzard… consider this. Poll us if you wish.

Also, please make it expensive. 5k gold is perfect in my opinion. That is essentially changing your spec 100 times at 50g a piece. Which is fine! The added benefit of combining the addons that change your action bars plus auto fill spec is awesome and worth it.

1 Like

We can make it a gold sink: 5000 gold

1 Like

One of the biggest complaints is that people don’t want to spend 50g to respec. But are willing to pay 5,000g to buy dual spec. Lol.

You would need to respec 100 times before dual spec would be “worth it” from a gold perspective. If you respec 2x/week for PvP/PvE/whatever else, that would take you almost ONE YEAR of respeccing twice per week to pay for the dual spec cost. Of which, TBCC would almost be over.

The mental gymnastics…

3 Likes

Really the only thing you listed I would consider a “core feature” - that being the seal changes. Which were done to preserve faction balance. As you play alliance, I’m sure you have a vested interest in keeping Alliance player population as high as possible.

Everything else is a minor QoL change.

Dual Spec, is a fundamental “core change”. As many stated, it would remove many aspects of the game. Forget the RPG aspect and “importance of choice”, dual spec literally removes entire specs/gameplay for people.

2 Likes

I would enjoy dual spec for tbc. I plan on being a paladin tank, and this would make it so I could heal or dps when I want to without wasting time farming gold for respecs, and my time could be better spent tanking or filling other roles for my friends or community.

3 Likes

The change to spell batching is not a minor QoL change. It changes the way abilities function, it changes the entire gameplay experience. It changes the way vendor interactions work, like… come on. Dual spec is NOTHING compared to the spell batching change.

2 Likes

Spell batching is an artificial LATENCY INFLATOR to mimic hardware seen in 2007/2008. It is not a game feature…

Improvements in technology are unavoidable. Introducing Dual Spec for the lazy folk isn’t on the same plane.

Again, not an apples to apples comparison.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind Dual spec.

4 Likes