Taunka Allied Race Megathread

It is sad we have allied races, and races that had been allies to our factions did not become accessible, just ones we “met” during the end of legion and BFA.

Both factions has so much allies gained in the course of WoW’s lifespan that should be playable in the allied race system. Taunka is one of them, and should be playable on the horde.

2 Likes

Taunka for the Horde!

4 Likes

Taunka would be so welcome in the horde. :heart: :water_buffalo:

4 Likes

Just back here, to remember that taunka would be a very distinct and beloved variant of tauren.

6 Likes

I’d have one in a heartbeat!

I’ve been wanting the buffalo men off and on since I met them in Wrath.

4 Likes

You and the rest of the people in the galaxy. :grin:

3 Likes

If Taunka become playable, I’d currently be interested in making mine either a Survival Hunter or a Frost Death Knight. Guess it depends when they would become playable what I would make him. :ox:

4 Likes

I already have characters I use in stories, a Death Knight and Hunter.

Didn’t really think about specs.

4 Likes

I’d make mine a shaman.

Can’t avoid that Dark Shaman story. (I’d also have a druid… Can’t help myself.)

3 Likes

Imagining a taunka druid, in the form of a buffalo as a travel form.

5 Likes

Buffalo for travel…

Honestly Bear still makes a lot of sense for the Bear form… just… Wooollly?

Woolly Cat?

I can see a lot of play with Woolly versions of the druid forms.

3 Likes

I’d like the bison for tank. I’ve thought that’d be a cool tauren tank form for a long time now.
I wish all the forms weren’t so locked into being a specific animal.
Trolls should really have a raptor dps form.
I still want me some night elven worgen with all wolf based druid forms that are also available to other races.
Forms should be more like armor for transmog. Tons of options.

5 Likes

I agree entirely.

Each race should have more specific forms. Night elves should keep the normal, but from there I’d like to see more diversity among the forms.

That said druid lore (Cenarion anyways) has those forms coming from specific spirits.

Zandalari and Kul’tirans break from that mold some though I think Kul’tirans are still close to the Cenarion setup.

4 Likes

Yup, expanding it would be great.
I still think the Keeper and Dryad would make for some great balance forms.

I mean this expansion has a good example…
Covenants all got themed armor sets. The lack of themed druid forms, when most covenants have models that’d have worked fantastic for it, that was a big missed opportunity.

3 Likes

Also expanding and updating the old models to the current standards set with Kul’tirans and Zandalari.

The models are better done than current night elves and Tauren ones.

Plus adding in some more differences between races especially in the travel forms.

And yeah… Honestly more forms should have been linked to covenants in the expansion that claimed customization was a feature.

2 Likes

Taunka are Tauren with a “mask”.

I’d prefer a more unique race.

Even the yaungol of Pandaria.

1 Like

Wanted to wish the Taunka megathread a happy Winter Veil!

Unfortunately, I’m still trying to figure out how to get a Taunka illusion of some kind (Still looking for pickpocketable Taunka mobs as a Horde character and I’m a bit short on timewalking badges for that toy I linked earlier), so I’m unable to take Taunka screenshots in Orgrimmar and other places yet. In the meantime, however, I do have some holiday Bison videos for some playable Taunka idea inspiration!

Some Bison facts, including how they survive in winter:

More information on Bison winter survival:

And a brief video showing a herd of bison traveling in the snow:

Whatever your plans are this week, please have a fun, happy, and safe Winter Veil! :christmas_tree::ox:

5 Likes

OK.

Though any player race would be changed from their NPC forms from that far back. More changes could be done to them.

You too my friend!

4 Likes

You know what… I don’t care about the double post.

I want Taunka!

5 Likes

Along with ogres, taunka is one of the races that will complement the horde.

6 Likes