Taunka Allied Race Megathread

I don’t see why we still don’t have Taunka, Their already members of the horde going on a decade plus now…

5 Likes

Blizzard’s whims. Blizzard’s whims …

2 Likes

Both would be amazing!

Also both are already Horde.

5 Likes

Happy new year to Taunka fans! :fireworks:

Still hoping to see playable Taunka in the near future. I imagine Taunka being as happy as this bison with such an announcement:

I’ll continue to help support playable Taunka as best as I can. I want to support our fellow Horde members, after all. Let’s make sure they aren’t forgotten! :ox:

4 Likes

With the recent purchase by Microsoft maybe we have a chance in a few years to see this come to fruition in some capacity!

Taunka for the Horde!
:ox:

3 Likes

Taunka for the Horde!

I mean honestly they already are, they just need to be made playable… No story is needed since they joined in Wrath…

4 Likes

Not against it, but what racials would fit one that a reg or high mountain already have?

Instead of a new race, maybe add it to tauren as skin colors?

2 Likes

Ideally it would be part of a newly revamped sub-race system.

As far as racials I’d give them frost resistance, bonus to leatherworking, and probably a reference of some sort to their “Dark Shaman” ways…

One racial I thought up is Thrash.

Where they use their bulk to just knock folk around them around for some damage.

Something a bull bison might do y’know?

I get that they’re not physically much different than other Tauren, but their culture is just so different that I, personally, think they should be more than just customization.

5 Likes

Bumping thread.

Taunka are still a great option to buff out those missing factions that ALREADY joined the Horde.

6 Likes

Playable Taunka and a decent fleshing out of vanilla and Highmountain Tauren are the only things that would bring me back if Blizz ever fix their employee hell problems.
Tauren still having only 4 face choices is such a joke.
:sleepy:

5 Likes

I really want to know what the Taunka have been up to since they joined the Horde. It would make for a great lead-in to them becoming playable in some fashion.

Let us never forget any members of the Horde. They deserve better than to be forgotten! :ox:

6 Likes

It’d be nice to see them address their Dark Shamanism. Not get rid of it maybe but like address it and the role it played in Garrosh’s Horde.

Show the Taunka that they stand by using the Dark Shamanism to survive but decry how Garrosh used it to kill wantonly.

2 Likes

/sigh
Since WoW is basically in maintenance mode, I don’t think any race except BElf and mmmaybe Human will ever get any cosmetic buffs again.
There’s like a 4k BElf customization topic and frankly I don’t think Blizz will ever reach past that low hanging fruit.
Bummer bc what made WoW cool for me was how different Tauren were as a playable race. Taunka are even more cool and different. Can’t have that, nooo :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t lose hope yet, though I understand the feeling.

Night elves will be getting a few face options with 9.2 it seems and it’s likely we’ll see the remaining ARs getting a pass over with 9.2.5.

I suspect 10.0 will see the core races hit again.

While not my preferred, taunka options would be on the table, I think, at that time IF Blizzard intends to only give them as customization. If they are planning to add them as an AR or as part of a sub-race system that will either be a feature of 10.0 or further down the line from here.

Right now Blizzard is in a position where we are best positioned to ask and receive the things we’re requesting.

Do not give up. Keep pushing. Remind them you want these things.

Taunka for the Horde!

6 Likes

Apologies for the absence, my sub had lapsed for a little bit there, but I have returned.

I plan to revamp the post(hopefully) to include a good bit more…and just look better, haha.

Anyhow, I appreciate all the comments of support! And while I would absolutely love Taunka, whether it be Customization or Playable Race- I would highly prefer them being an Allied Race due to the history of customization options not really doing much lorewise.

4 Likes

See I said the same thing almost 14 years ago but we got elves, pandas and more elves

God dammit it’s a necro

1 Like

This is where I sit too.

Good to see you come back!

1 Like

Why stop at Taunka?

Let’s go Yaungol!

1 Like

I support Yaungol as well.

2 Likes

Taunka deserve to have its own allied race. They have their own culture and they have their own physical if you compare them to the Mulgore Tauren (contrary to the Highmountain and the Mulgore Tauren).

They are a part of the Horde since WotLK. They are in the Horde since WotLK:

“Like the tauren, Forsaken, trolls and blood elves, so too do the taunka need a leader born of their own blood. The one you saved from Icemist, Roanauk, will be this leader.
(Overlord Agmar hands you a parchment.)
I give to you something familiar - the blood oath of the Horde.
Take the oath to Roanauk Icemist and initiate him into the Horde as leader of the taunka.
Let us not keep him waiting.
(Agmar nods.)”

- Accepted quest:
Overlord Agmar: "We will walk together, <insert your player’s name :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:>

- Then we have:
Roanauk Icemist : “Gather, brothers and sisters.”
Roanauk Icemist reads from the scroll as the other Taunka gather around him.
Roanauk Icemist: “Lok’tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde! For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.”
Roanauk Icemist: “I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief’s desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief’s command!”
Roanauk Icemist: “From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!”
Roanauk Icemist: “For my Taunka brothers and sisters! FOR THE HORDE!”
Overlord Agmar: “Welcome to the Horde, High Chief. Lok’tar ogar!”
Overlord Agmar: “FOR THE HORDE!”

Reference: “All Hail Roanauk!” quest

Here are some ideas I have for them :

• Class: Warrior, Hunter, Priest, Chaman, Druid, Monk, Death Knight

• Racial capital: Icemist Village/Taunka’le Village

• Racial leader: Roanauk Icemist

• Racial mount: Battle mammoth

• Hunter pet: Caribou

• Recruitment quest idea: We will see how the Taunka will recapture the Taunka’le Village (Taunka capital) of the Scourge (Scourge remaining troops in Taunka’le Village) with the help of Rokhan (or someone else) and the Horde.

I really hope we could see them as a playable race one day. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes