Taunka Allied Race Megathread

Taunka are also pretty hardcore. Take a look at this NPC:

This Taunka was exiled from his tribe, and thus took a canoe from Northrend and reached Azshara, which is a really long distance. If he is capable of doing that, I imagine Taunka in general could mess up anyone something fierce.

I can only imagine what else they’d be capable of. They would’ve been fantastic to have help the Horde out in BfA. :ox:

6 Likes

Jeez. Tough bulls indeed!

4 Likes

So many options.
Blizzard doesn’t have to wonder what would please gamers when so many are clearly saying.

7 Likes

I would love Taunka as an AR. They really deserve their spot in the Horde as a player race.
They are a part of the story and the Horde since WotLK. It’s time because players will be able to play as a Taunka.

7 Likes

Boost for Taunka! Hoping to see you folks get what you desire ^^

5 Likes

Another push for out friends from the snow covered lands.

Taunka as more bisson like are rather unique and their story let many players like them.

Their blood oath to the Horde has finally to be honored in the form as an AR or customization.

3 Likes

I personally find the Highmountain very enjoyable, even though I would have loved the Taunka. Every race has their fans, just something to keep in mind.

Midterms swarmed me and drifted away from the forums, apologies.

I do believe Roanauk also had quite a heroic/strong moment as well, taking down a giant monster with just a spear- though I can’t recall exactly where/when that was.

5 Likes

So much this.

Wish folk were less concerned by how many and focused more on how happily played a race is.

There are fewer of all the AR races but those who play them are very happy on the whole.

4 Likes

With solo Island Expeditions being a thing, I was looking more information about them since I never did them before, and discovered that Taunka were actually in BfA!..as mooks for the island expedition. x- x

No, it isn’t the Horde Taunka clan, thankfully, but this clan here:

Judging from the name of their leader, it sounds like they were exiled from Northrend. I assume by the Horde Taunka clan.

Oddly enough, Wowhead doesn’t have screenshots of these Taunka, but they do have some models up of the minions. One example of the Male Taunka, which could have an updated model from WotLK hopefully:

And there are female Taunka here…though they appear as regular female Tauren from what I can tell. Maybe someone with a more keen eye can notice any difference between these Taunka women and Tauren women:

So it seems like Taunka in general weren’t forgotten at all, but were instead made into a jobber clan…disappointing to see this happen, but not see the Horde Taunka clan, who are official members of the Horde, anywhere in BfA. Go figure.

I’ll have to look into this some more, especially when I do Island Expeditions. I’ll report back any other findings if I see anything of interest. :ox:

4 Likes

Honestly from the moment in Wrath that they swore into the Horde they should have been made playable

6 Likes

I forgot about them!!

I encountered them once and was so excited the Taunka hadn’t ben forgotten!

I do hope we’ll see them playable one day.

Also that their females get unique faces. Lol

2 Likes

I kept reading their name as Mists Corn and was really confused until I realized, Mist Scorn. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Another thing to note about them is that it shows Taunka can survive in non-artic climates. Granted, they likely aren’t as comfortable in warm areas, but still! I imagine Taunka would likely be fine being able to wander around in various hot areas. Not like temperature really matters in the grand scheme of things, since we walk right up to lava without our faces melting off and such.

It’s a shame more wasn’t done with Taunka in general. We save them, induct them into the Horde, and…not a whole lot else. As I mentioned, I don’t recall seeing them help us against Arthas (unless I’m hopefully mistaken), which is weird since living on Northrend, they have a huge stake in that battle. They also don’t really appear outside of WotLK and aren’t mentioned much if at all from what I remember.

Certainly missed out on that huge war as well, with the Horde more concerned with bending time and space to try to force AU Orcs to stop what they’re doing to go fight and die in their war back in the MU of Azeroth as opposed to working with the allies they have first…sigh…

Anyway, at least here, we can make sure our Horde Taunka allies aren’t forgotten! :ox:

3 Likes

Really? Tauren are everywhere and most tauren fans are pretty passionate. I know I never even would have started playing this game if not for tauren.

They’re not elf popularity, but nothing is. For some reason.

3 Likes

Compared to what? Gnome representation? Blood Elves, Orcs and Trolls are the most popular races on the Horde by a large margin.

No one said people didn’t like them, but to me they weren’t that great. Just cows with antlers. I would much prefer the subspecies which are bison :slight_smile:

I’m gonna bet we’ll see the same people who feel that “Cows with Antlers” and “Bison Headed Cows” aren’t that different a group. lol

Both deserve to be AR’s.

I really do hope Blizzard is considering how to get these guys playable. They’re already part of the Horde and have been requested for ages.

I’m particularly interested to see their culture of survival against the elements come forth. Remembering that Garrosh used the Taunka to teach his shaman how to be Dark Shaman which he used during Cata and MoP.

5 Likes

Please give us Taunka.

5 Likes

Wanted to wish Taunka fans a happy U.S. Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it!

I haven’t been able to get a Taunka illusion of some kind in-game yet, so here is a neat video of a bison that takes care of animals on a farm:

Still hoping that Taunka get to enjoy Pilgrim’s Bounty and other holidays in WoW. They are part of the Horde, after all, and should not be forgotten! :ox:

6 Likes