Targeted Corruptions and Faster Cloak Empowerment

Remember all the people complaining about having a currency gather pointlessly lol look at them now wanting it back.

We had good reason to use the echoes to get essences but most didn’t realize they were not getting them after rank 3,still don’t understand the system if it’s total or Hoa.

are you able to replace the corruption already on a piece of gear with one from the vendor? or will we just have to wait for the ability to put them on after cleansing the original corruption?

Yes they did. And that’s not the issue.

The issue is that I was also playing and COULDN’T earn it.

How this is so hard for some of you to grasp is mindboggling.

3 Likes

Wish we could but we can’t put the corrupt affixes on cleansed gear.

They could kind of fix the issue by giving players who weren’t able to get Echos at all (because they had all the essences, or didn’t have a character with any rank 3’s) a flat amount per Rank 3 essence they earned the “real” way (not purchased, but actually ground out).

They do things like this when they convert currency to gold all the time.

I get it. I even sympathize with the feeling, since I’ve bought all the essences on my alts instead of stockpiling them, but there are a few facts the Doom Monkeys are overlooking.

1. If you have a main so progressed that you didn’t get echoes, you’ve enjoyed a healthy advantage over alts all expansion.

2. You also, likely, are already in a decent position for corruption, and just need a little bit more.

3. Even in the absolute worst case scenario (you’ve never gotten a usable corruption) you’ll only be “behind” for a week or two, and really 5 months into 8.3 with no usable corruption, this isn’t going to change your gameplay.

It does tickle the envy a bit to see other people get presents, but your presents are in the car, you just can’t open them right now.

Until we know what’s on the vendor this week, and what the rotation will be for the next weeks, it’s a fallacy to say that players who are just starting to collect echoes today, will only be behind X amount of time.

What if a player wants GW, and it’s available later this week when the vendor first pops up. Then it goes off rotation the first flip of the vendor (also later this week) and doesn’t come up again on rotation for a month?

There are like 50 something total corruptions because not always the same rank of the same corruption will come up on the vendor.

I don’t think this is completely fair either.

The most fair thing would be to look at character logs and figure out what the player would have gotten and award them that amount.

The next tier i think would be to give them a set amount of echoes per essence they have, possibly balanced around the average number of echoes other players have.

How do you figure this?

Of course, because everyone who plays is super lucky with the RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG systems in this game. :roll_eyes:

I play my main for the most part. I’ve just recently gotten one alt to a decent place as I simply don’t have the time to spend in game working on a slew of alts and I want to do most of the things I do on my main that I’ve played since TBC. I have gotten many, many corrupted pieces over the past couple of months (however long they’ve been around). Most have been useless for my character as either DPS or a Healer.

I’ve gotten exactly one each of TD and IS… TD at rank 2, IS at rank 1…and about a million Avoidant of every rank, because I totally need avoidance as a Holy Priest. I’ve gotten zero of the ones that are actually decent for healers and barely worth using ones for my DPS spec.

Super glad you’ve been lucky though. That makes me feel so much better.

In currency gains, maybe. But what if the best corruptions show up on the vendor week 1 then, due to the rotating system, they don’t show up again for 6 weeks?

You don’t get it. You work for Blizzard don’t you. I bet you helped come up with this nonsense.

So IF someone stockpiled enough to buy corruptions day 1 (I play literally every day and I don’t have near the amount people are claiming, so color me skeptical) and IF the corruption you want is first in the rotation and IF you can’t play enough to pick it up before it rotates out and IF it takes 6 weeks to rotate back around, you’ll be behind by a few percentage points in absolute farm content. For 6 weeks.

Just to be clear that I’m understanding this super duper edge case you’re basing this hysteria on, does that sound about right?

So the people who didn’t do all of the content before and get every essence benefit more than the people who did? Not trying to complain but that’s just how it seems.

1 Like

It’s kind of like the that cartoon with the 3 guys trying to watch the football game.

The shortest guy gets to stand on the tallest box, the middle guy gets a shorter box, and the tall guy gets no box. It’s not an equal distribution of boxes, but everyone gets to see the game.

The people getting echoes now have been behind all expansion, now they get a boost to catch up, and people who have been ahead the whole time are ripe with envy that their lead wasn’t maintained.

So Blizzard adds a new currency, everyone starts off on the same level, nobody has “a lead” and nobody feels envious about it.

Gosh, that’s such a difficult concept.

Except the people that have had a “lead” all expansion. They maintain their lead. Nobody has a box and the tall guy continues to watch the game while the other two have to miss out.

Gosh.

if they make a new currency i want my vessels i used today that rewards the new currency compensated in a meaningful way or i will be behind cuz u people cant read the future like idiots

Catch up mechanics are whatever but there were so many useless essences that people probably just avoided getting and because they just opted out of doing content they benefited in the long run. Kinda lame isn’t it?

Which, I believe, is why they devalued the currency by 80%.

If we all start with zero NewCurrency in a race that requires NewCurrency to participate, how does anyone have a lead?

The race didn’t start today. It stated when essences where introduced.