Targeted Corruptions and Faster Cloak Empowerment

Thank you for all of this but any chance the cloak quest will be made a little shorter?

:cookie:

3 Likes

Now do all the same for rank 1,2 essences

Please god no.

its bs. I knew that I shouldn’t have used my remaining sparks for alt spec essence. Would have kept on earning echoes on my main. Annoying how people can get 1-2 corruptions on day 1, and us up to date people will take a bit to catchup. Scuff mains being better than diligent mains is no good.

2 Likes

This is a great change with the exception of it puts mains who already had all rank 3 essences at a severe disadvantage. Those characters could never collect echoes in the first place and are thus being punished for playing the game. The 5x increased rate does nothing to close the gap between Player X’s main with 0 echoes and Player Y’s main w/ multiple specs/alt with 15k echoes so long as they complete the same content. The currency should either be wiped, a new one should be used, or mains should be awarded echoes retroactively for all content they completed over the prior weeks.

4 Likes

Whoa! Have you even SEEN the alpaca mounts??

15 Likes

I got 44k echoes hmmm…

It wouldn’t be possible to get that many unless they Mythic/arena continuously.

I know multiple people that do. It’s quarantine and they’ve made alts more friendly as the expansion went on. Some people have the time currently. I’m one of the people that has 10k on my main, I’m not hoping to get anything. However, I understand the frustrations my friends feel because I have compassion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But still no catchup for corruption resistance on the cloak.

Not helpful.

1 Like

This sounds good, how long will this last? Is this until Shadowlands?

I think that it’s a great idea to have a rotating buff system like this, it’s pretty fun. I hope that you’ll keep doing these buffs every time between last patch and new expansion.

This is a hotfix to help alts, why is everyone complaining about their mains again?

1 Like

yeah, thought so, seems very complicated and it’s near the end of the expansion anyway, i’ll just do some basic stuff, farm gold, some mogs, maybe tackle nazjatar. That should be plenty still for me.

1 Like

Because in a single day. Alts can surpass the strength of mains.

8 Likes

Because corruption drop rates are still unreliable and themselves are horribly unbalanced.

1 Like

Because they want all characters to be mains. Kinda like swapping a Pokemon during battle.

1 Like

this is an amazing change. I’ll finally be able to get TD3 on my warrior and masterful on my mage <3

This doesn’t affect me because I don’t really care about BFA character power, but you should circle back with the Devs and get some clarity about the situation you’re creating for mains that are SoL with echoes versus people whose mains are sitting on a metric ton of echoes because they didn’t complete all their essences.

9 Likes

I don’t want that. I want my main, who’s had all R3 essences before echoes came out, to not be a month behind alts.

5 Likes

I cannot overstate how excited I am for this. Too many layers of RNG to corruption right now, and I’ll gladly take the ability to buy it (although on an RNG schedule) from MOTHER to alleviate that.

Now, the week that Gushing Wound goes on sale will be CRAZY.