Targeted Corruptions and Faster Cloak Empowerment

this is an amazing change. I’ll finally be able to get TD3 on my warrior and masterful on my mage <3

This doesn’t affect me because I don’t really care about BFA character power, but you should circle back with the Devs and get some clarity about the situation you’re creating for mains that are SoL with echoes versus people whose mains are sitting on a metric ton of echoes because they didn’t complete all their essences.

9 Likes

I don’t want that. I want my main, who’s had all R3 essences before echoes came out, to not be a month behind alts.

5 Likes

I cannot overstate how excited I am for this. Too many layers of RNG to corruption right now, and I’ll gladly take the ability to buy it (although on an RNG schedule) from MOTHER to alleviate that.

Now, the week that Gushing Wound goes on sale will be CRAZY.

This is a stupid way to implement a good change. My main should probably now become my alt seeing as I have NO ECHOES ON MY MAIN.

7 Likes

Wish this community manager would stop responding to posts that don’t matter at all and address the issue that people have with this.

Fix the imbalance you are creating with kicking mains while they are down.

Thanks.

13 Likes

Not sure what you’re referring to. Someone asked why the Blue stated they should buy an essence now if they have enough echoes for it, so I answered. That’s fine if that’s your situation - I was simply responding to someone’s question.

because it’s hard for an alt to catch up when your main is the one that’s behind.

6 Likes

My alt I spend 2 hours a week on it has better corruption than my main I play for probably 30+ hours a week. Corruption is RNG on RNG on RNG currently is why mains matter here.

3 Likes

Because of the RNG nature of the acquisition of Corruptions, some people still don’t have the ones they want.

Everything seemed good except two things. (1) Increasing the cost of all the Echo rewards by 5x negates increasing the drop rates by 5x. It takes 4 weeks to earn one Rank 3 just from weekly major assault (not counting other sources, this is true to current and this update.) I don’t see how this helps. Do you guys think at all? " Unless you devs stop RNG , timegating , RNG on RNG , and removing things from the game I basically just see you chasing your own tail like some really dumbfounded pup. (2) Main’s don’t earn Echos. So will I get retroactive deposit of the echos that I would have earned?

Because regardless of mains or not, people who’s been stockpiling has a GIGANTIC head start. Whereas people who couldn’t or didn’t prior to the news, now they’re all of a sudden behind.

I’ve had all R3s even before the currency was added. I’m quite literally being punished for playing the game early on in the patch. How is that even remotely fair or logical?

10 Likes

At minimum the contaminants should be BoA so that those with alts stockpiling unused Echoes can benefit their main who has been unable to accumulate any Echoes for the duration of the change.

But really, the currency should either be wiped or those unable to accumulate Echoes before should have the ability re-enabled. Even better would be to retroactively award the Echoes to a main, but I doubt they have the logging set up to do that easily.

1 Like

All essences should be made available at rank 3 then, even for those you don’t have.

At this point its just time to streamline them to the vendor as well

4 Likes

So my main will have to start grinding at 0 echoes because I haven’t unlocked any rank 3 essenses on alts… Yet my gf already has 14k essenses on both or her toons so she will be able to get the corruptions she wants while I get to start yet another grind…

6 Likes

lmao too little too late.

2 Likes

There are people who have 20-40k echoes because they were lazy and didn’t get all of their essences. Why should they be rewarded with such a significant head start when those of us who did grind out every single essence are left so far behind? They will be able to purchase BIS corruptions, rewarding lack of previous effort.

13 Likes

Because bigger numbers are better! Except when you’re doing damage I guess lol

1 Like

This needs to be fixed ASAP, everything i’m wearing is corrupted or cleansed so this system does nothing. Upgrades from the M+ chest and a 5 mask run mean nothing because we can’t fix the bad rng with this system.

11 Likes

This is a big problem that needs to be addressed ASAP.

Most gear now is corrupted, meaning only being to apply corruptions to previously uncorrupted gear is a huge limitation. People used to seek out corrupted gear, now people will want non-corrupted.

Is there any recourse for players such as me who have disenchanted most of their uncorrupted gear in the last couple months since it was often worthless?

7 Likes