"Tanks Have it Too Easy in Torghast" They Said

IMO, that’s not an option that a player should have to resort to. Yes it would be good if all players were able to be proficient on every spec available to their class, but to me the issue with Torghast is just as much bad RNG powers looted combined with bad RNG final boss. Player skill gets nullified with unwinnable RNG equations.

2 Likes

Goodness. How elitist can you be?

So and oversight on Blizz’s part now means I’m a kid, bad at the game, bad gear?

None of your posts have been constructive at all. Just being daft, pedantic, and creating strawmen to the simple fact that it’s not fun for a lot of people and the recent buffs have made it to where many people just don’t want to touch it again. Myself included.

1 Like

" Intimidating Shout"

25 Rage 10 yd range

Instant cast 3 min cooldown"

Pummel Rank 1
10 Rage Melee Range
Instant cast 10 sec cooldown

soo… please tell me in all your infinite wisdom… how he is supposed to mitigate 20% hp every cast machine gun spells over 10 seconds?

1 Like

Torghast was never fun. What tanks/heals are now experiencing is how torghast has been from the start for dps.

This is basically Krasus mage tower all over again…they had to nerf him to make him killable for some tanks due to being created in the same way as a DPS challenge.

Here’s the thing, if anyone wants hard, challenging content it’s there. Mythic raids and high key Mythic+, rated battlegrounds and arena.

Not all content, especially when it’s for all players including ones that just aren’t that good, needs to be hard. It should instead be FUN. Torghast is for all players, their focus for it should have been on fun not difficulty. The question they should be asking is “is this fun”, NOT “is this hard enough”.

2 Likes

I actually tried this yesterday. It doesn’t work. The powers are fixed per layer seemingly per character (or class?).

So if your starting powers suck on that layer, they will suck all week long I guess?

1 Like

ya you can’t reset your powers at all… you get what you get… period.

That’s actually really amusing.

So Torghast has nothing to do with rogue games.

1 Like

Of course not… that was a marketing term used by Blizzard to get people interested/excited about their new “extend the game” system.

If anybody actually thinks Toreass is good, fun, or interesting, then you legit have brain damage.

Toxicity for no reason, there are lots of folks who love Torghast. GD does NOT represent every player’s view point, and Torghast is widely regarded as the best feature in Shadowlands by a great many people.

As a fan of rogue likes, dark souls, and other similar games, I enjoy Torghast

buddy just got done with a layer 7 in a 5 man group

boss had 3.5million and was hitting for 20-40k per hit as he enraged at low health

the guys are like dps checks now, if the dps can’t get him down fast enough he will buff up and just be unhealable dmg

layer 8 even harder

there is nothing at all roguelike or ‘solo’ about this, roguelike depend on skill and a bit of rng to give you some slack with powers. Binding of isaac and hades can be played with zero powers if you are good enough.

this bliz thing is just pure gear check and a prayer that you might find enough powers to get you through the boss. There isn’t the slightest bit of skill involved whatsoever really.

2 Likes

That’s great advice, if this was a pew-pew, cyclical gamer only, pick your skin game.

I’m an inhabitant. It’s useless to me to do it on a character that is not actively interacting in the guild arc. Of course if I was a cyclical gamer, I’d be unsubbed over 50% of the time since Vanilla.

I don’t agree with lowering the bar for the design of endgame content to only work for some class/specs and not others.

Edited for clarity: by “work” I mean be engaging in this case.

I’ve seen and heard the opposite.

Name your source buddy because I think that just came out of your butt.

healing thru solo content is always going to be slow, you dont do as much damage. Be glad it’s even possible for you.

And as i’ve said before, it’s not RNG, if you need certain powers to win, you’re fighting above your weight class.

No it means you were doing easy mode. Period. I don’t have to be constructive, your arguments are meaningless and Blizzard already buffed it for you and isn’t going to nerf it because you complain.

But by all means, never do it again, i will, and i’ll continue to enjoy it.

Because it’s not a machine gun. It’s a rotation. But if i have to spell it out for you.

First cast interupt at end, 5 second delay, aoe spell then cripple cast, ignore both. second spell casts, interupt at end.

Next rotation, no cripple just aoe. interupt isn’t up until end of second cast, either eat first bolt or use storm bolt. Then interupt at end of next cast.

Back to first rotation. Cripple and aoe ignore interupt end of next cast.

Back to second rotation. No cripple, aoe fear second cast, don’t break fear until storm bolt is back up.

Are you starting to understand?

aaaand… once you go through that rotation… and the boss is still at 75% health… and you’re out of options… since stormbolt is a long friggen cd, and fear is 3 damn minutes
… what then? rofl…

you really need to try this on a warrior before you try to pretend that you have any idea what you are talking about rofl

2 Likes

If the boss is still at 75% after that then you are the problem. That’s about 40-45 seconds depending.

And storm bolt is a 30 second cd it would be up after your fear and you can do that entire sequence again. Then heroic leap away instead of fear. Do YOU play warrior? Can’t help but notice you didn’t link storm bolt like you did the others. Trying to hide something?

Torghast is designed differently for each section.

I finished Fracture chambers as tank with 3000 phantasma, and yet in upper reaches, I barely finished the run due to high mob hp. Think mort’regar will be even worse since mobs gain +50% hp or so at layer 8.

how do you reset what powers you get?

i have flipped specs, “reset all instances” and always got the choice of the same powers on floor 1…