"Tanks Have it Too Easy in Torghast" They Said

“Ok we’ll make floor bosses start out at 200k health” Blizzard said.

Who thought this was a good idea? Tanks don’t have that kind of dps to knock a boss down before the enrage buff quickly stacks.

Layer 7 floor 1 boss had 197k health. AS A TANK. Slogged through it with the help of the bonus objective NPC and thought floor 2 would be better with more powers…yeah that boss had 20% more health (240k). Alt F4 made more sense at that point because who knows what Floor 6 would’ve looked like.

I can understand nerfing us somewhat to bring us in line with other specs, but now to expect us to dps as much as a regular dps spec? Really?

Torghast went from fun to nope.

59 Likes

I do wish the blizzard answer wasn’t always “Add more Health” to mobs. That just makes it tedious and destroys fun factor.

41 Likes

Degenerate gameplay is the cool new expression right? The way Torghast is set up promotes restarting Floor 1 over and over if your first couple powers are trash.

That is pretty degenerate.

16 Likes

Would switching specs help? I mean that as I haven’t tried Torghast yet.

1 Like

Fixed for accuracy lol.

:cookie:

37 Likes

This logic is sound, if i can plan and build my char in a specific, deterministic way, or if there are no anima power at all./

but since entirely RNG anima power is involved, whether a run is faceroll or difficult depends almost entirely on rng anima power.

very little “skill” required.

Infact, one of my most powerful build involved literally pressing 1 button, again and again.

5 Likes

Do people ever think… “maybe they didn’t intend for all 8 layers to be cleared by people in 184 gear” most people aren’t even 190 yet, it only goes to 8 layers, we have 5 more months of this patch.

4 Likes

This guy has to be an employee, or group of Blizz employees. He never rests. Where is the damn mute button?

27 Likes

I think the recent buffs to torgast made layer 8, especially the final boss goxul the devourer, way too overpowered. I am 204 item level and I had to use a flask, combat potions, shadowcore oil, lust drum haste buff and food buffs to even come close, and I still died to him about 3x before barely killing him. The boss is absurdly overturned, I can say this while even having completed it for the week and gotten the most soul ash I can until next reset, so it’s not out of spite of not being able to finish the layer.

5 Likes

Well, to be fair, DPS have had difficult, seemingly ‘can’t win’ Torghast runs since the start. Tanks only just caught up.

You’re probably not gonna get much sympathy. haha

3 Likes

Yes, this! The balance is finally where it needs to be.

this guy must be a multiboxer…

1 Like

Not anymore, as they changed (made more diff) the hp scaling for tanks/healers cuz DPS complained.

TBF, as someone who has done it as a tank and a healer, it was STUPID easy as both, like walking through without a care in the world.

I assume They (healers) were being compensated because of how dfficult was to do visions solo as heal, specially when you had no interrupts or dispells (rdruids).

2 Likes

If you enjoyed the game as much as you claim, you’d be actually playing it instead of being on these forums full-time inspiring more hatred and disgust than I can remember any participant in any forum on any topic ever doing.

11 Likes

Oh he’s just doing his work bro, please understand lmao.

1 Like

My thread is littered with “View 1 Hidden Reply” so I have a good idea as to who/what you’re responding to. It’s at a level that is even beyond some of the green posts consistently spewed by particular people. It’s actually quite impressive now.

4 Likes

Well, he does have two jobs and three kids!

2 Likes

You have an extremely good idea Doktor

Then they will Buff Floor 1