Tank nerfs = less fun

No its not. Hasty generalization is a fallacy based on using not enough evidence as a basis.
Are you claiming that there are not enough examples for the person to use?

How much evidence do you have of a development team with constantly changing members and where we have plenty of evidence already of vastly different design philosophies to where it is no longer a fallacy to say nothing will change?

The company has always bren changing staff and has changed design philosophies many times.

Its not flawed reasoning to look at history and have at least an expectation for it to happen again.

Yes it literally does.

Where in this do you see “in PvP combat”:

“We’re adjusting the damage reduction passives on all of the tanks, effectively increasing the damage tanks take by 10%”

The additional PvP nerfs do not change the fact that PvE was directly nerfed across the board.

here is the problem.

1. We’re gonna have kiting again (tanks don’t want to play like that)
  2. The fact they’re basing their tuning on heroic and mythic 0 is asinine
  3. Blizzard isn’t gonna be making class changes while the RWF are happening nor over holidays, should probably sit this topic out

From a 10% increase to damage taken? You telling me taking 1,100 more damage from Flame Eruption in Neltharus Mythic (as an example of hard numbers) requires you now to kite? Sounds like a terrible tank…

You suggest they tune before the season starts based on what then? Nothing? That could lead to an over-correction you know.

They won’t? Which class developer told you that? I would love to know your insider source.

My god, get over it. It’s 10%. So your healer has to cast a single extra small heal every so often. You’ll be fine.

Level up a bit, when you get ilvl 310 it will be the same as before for you.

This is completely wrong and incorrect. 10ilevels is not 10% mitigation, at best its 1%

Other players aren’t allowed to have fun or a role in group content. Tanks only.

I swear, all the people complaining about the nerfs are FOTM tankers who now have to

oh I dunno

actually do their job a smidgeon? Gee jolly gee, the horror of it all.

I dont know there was a 60 dh tank doing 130k dps in lvling dungeons

Sounds like scaling being buggery, nothing more.

My brewmaster isn’t geared quite yet but the self healing is pretty meh. I’d love to see vivify heal more if possible

1 Like

First of all, saying both wrong and incorrect is redundant. Though, it is neither. 1 ilvl is 1% gain. It’s a 1.01 multiplier so 10 ilvls is actually 1.01^10x → 10.4% increase to all stats including health, healing, and effect of mitigation spells.

Brewmaster healing has always been meh, and will probably (and, I hope) always be meh compared to the other tanks - it isn’t a self-healing focused tank.

Expel Harm could use a little more consistency above near-death, though. It feels juicy when super low, but piddly everywhere else.

they also lost special delivery going into dragonflight. Not only do they have to rely on healers to keep them up but now they have to rely on DPS to slow mobs to kite as well.

Brings me back to shadowlands season 1 when i would be squishy and get grouped with shamans that wouldn’t drop earthbind or hunters that wouldn’t use tar or binding trap. Not fun to deal with pugs

They still have special delivery, actually! It’s in the 4th row (if we treat Keg Smash as the first ‘row’) on the far right - the node is a choice between Rushing Jade Wind and Special Delivery.

1 Like

Ooo thanks. I’m definitely switching on that. I couldn’t find it earlier