Taliesin want's 2h Frost to return also! Eeeeeeee....!

What does that even mean?

Google translate (so take it with a grain of salt) says “schyssta lögner” is Swedish for “sweetest lies”

1 Like

The levels of salt necessary to dig up a two week dead thread to insult someone over a three week old post. Oi vey.

This is easily verifiable information. Link below is to someone sharing the art back on August 21, 2009. The art is certainly not new, and lines up with Wrath. Calling it a “sweet lie“ is a lie itself.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29315961@N03/3886679812

Art credit to Glenn Rane, aka Raneman, principal artist for Blizzard Entertainment.

Oh. Thanks for explaining that. And Monkiy, I can understand why he was salty at Kelliste honestly, but I don’t think that was necessary to make a new post here just to throw something at her either. If anything, if this post was gonna be revived, it should have been on-topic at least.

1 Like

Why? Because people are just trying to link anything that they can to get something they like? Whats wrong with just saying “i like it therefore I want it”?

So many of the arguments could be bypassed by people just saying “I want it”, there is no response after that. You want it because you want it then the conversation can progress to how it can be achieved.

1 Like

Nice Liar!

I think someone tried to use google translate to explain that to me already, but I guess both what you and the other guy said could be the meaning of what you said before.

Here. Have a hanful of salt right in your MagiMonKelliste eyes! Figures as soon as i get on here you guys respond coincidently. Salt indeed. You cant let anybody have the last word on any topic on any forum ever lol
So BLI KORD APA!

Well then get better arguments.

This is hilarious coming from someone who went out of their way to pick a fight over a three week old post. And all for the sake of yet another false accusation/incorrect statement.

Dude, I may have been pissed off for Kelliste and sometimes Monkiy’s past behavior, but that’s starting to get way outta hand now. So please stop throwing around insults like that. Even though you have a point Kelliste doesn’t appear to let anyone have the last word, the way you said that was pretty nasty honestly. And there’s no need to stoop that low at all here. And can we please also get back onto the topic here if we’re gonna post here?

I really dont care who has the last word. Prove me wrong or whatever else. These have turned into an argument instead of a discussion and most of it was because people have tunnel visioned in trying to justify 2h Frost returning.

The absolute best reason is "I want it ". Sure people might start some bs saying “why are you so important” but at least that can then further the conversation to a point of actually finding a way to do it without separating the spec.

Here is a question, did you ever play Frost in Wrath?

1 Like

TALIESIN WANT’S 2H FROST TO RETURN ALSO! EEEEEEEE…!

There. Now we are back on topic. And you are welcome.

Neither him nor evitel play frost dk or have shown to ever have mained the spec… why is their opinion important? Id rather not let a youtuber who doesnt even play my class ruin it.

I’m very much with Kelliste: no-one has offer a good reason to move to 2h over dw other than “i want to be Arthas” or “i want 2h transmog”. All of the balance and performance concerns are not a dw vs 2h discussion, its a numbers discussion which is wntirely different.

1 Like

Posted on wrong char, for reference, my dk

No one wants to replace DW.

1 Like

So, aside from cosmetic effect, why do they want 2h?

The aesthetic seems to be the primary drive.

The other reasons vary, but the main ones I’ve seen have been a mix of wanting the playstyle back, 2H being historically superior in PvP, a dislike of DW, and the desire for less limitations in general.

3 Likes

That’s a bigger problem than people realize: Blizzard is not going to regenerate the class to have animations for abilities that work for both 2h and dw just because a single class wants it. In an update in Legion (I think it was Legion) all the melee animations were updated. This was designed to work with a specific set of equipped weapons 2h or dw. Asking blizz to re-engineer how frost has melee attack animations is not something that needs to be a priority.

Also, just asking to equip a 2h and let us do our abilities with that is not as simple as people seem to think it is and would re-introduce one of the bigger problems Blizz solved with the standardized weapon equipment per spec: balancing the capabilities. This applies to a few other classes, but is most impactful (I think) for DKs - Additionally, they would not just do this for DKs, they would open up all weapon equipment for everyone, which would make us wonder how 2h ww monks would be balanced, or 2h DHs. Balancing the existing classes and abilities with the unpunning will be difficult enough without throwing this wrench back in the works.

The Animations are already in the game though. For example it wouldn’t be hard at all for them to use the UH Death Coil 2H animation for a 2H frost Howling Blast Animation. Also all the other Animations are already in the game, it’s simply the difference between using a 1h and 2h combat. You can check WoWhead Dressing room and see for yourself if you’re not convinced.

Unless I’m missing something this wouldn’t be an issue at all…

1 Like