Taliesen responds to homophobes about Gay shadowlands couple

I believe you and I had this discussion before - you used the same words.

This is a process where you agree to disagree and everyone is still ok. There are a LOT of things that Identify as, and if I demanded people see me as such, no one would be in my life.

BTW - don’t speak for my kids. We get along just fine. All three know how much I fought for all of them, even their relationships. I am sad that you can’t accept anything but someone bending the knee to you 100%, even people who love you. You sound like a great partner

4 Likes

But does “Love the sinner, hate the sin” brand this person and others a homophobe?
Because according to alot of groups it is and it’s causing alot of unnecessary hostility.

4 Likes

I was super happy to see him address this as he has a fairly large voice in the community. I think the points he makes are absolutely spot on.

4 Likes

Yikes…

Dude has zero issues with it but darn it, that’s not good enough!

3 Likes

As a neutral party between you two, may I ask a question or two?

Would you be as accepting for other people’s kids?

Secondly, would you be willing to accept that some people view the act of “loving the sinner, hating the sin” as being damaging? That is to say, having someone tell you that a part of your life that is important to you is “evil and wrong”. Do you believe that that can be rather, disruptive?

People who say this don’t want to be loved or accepted. They want power. They want control over you.

3 Likes

He is right though, if you need more justification for women, people of colour and LGBTQ+ people in your video game you’re 100% a garbage human.

3 Likes

The first Night warrior is not a woman, which is odd considering how women play a strong role in night elf society.

I couldn’t care less about whatever relationship is happening in the game. They are often bland and un-interesting.

Yes i have.

I’ve made lots of questions regarding relationships in this game.

Thalryssa and Lorthemar have not even known each other for that long, and they are already having more romantic interaction than Malfurion and Tyrande ever did in 10 thousand years.

How ironic, telling other people to grow up.

This is not new with him honestly.

Fear mongering and trying to paint people in a light they don’t actually associate with.

When people do this, it’s a sign that they have no idea what they are taking about and are just resorting to poor debate tactics.

6 Likes

“I’m not racist! Some of my best friends are black!”

This stopped being an acceptable excuse for casual racism a while ago, and it’s the same for this. You can’t truly accept a person without accepting who they are fundamentally.

That’s what I believe, however. I know it’s not everyone’s POV.

6 Likes

After seeing Taliesen’s tweets on this subjects, he sure as hell doesn’t pull his punches towards those that disagree with him. lol

I’m on his side for sure on this.

4 Likes

Honestly if you do disagree with women, PoC and LGBTQ+ in any form of media you are literal garbage so he’s right on this argument.

Not you specifically I mean, but you as in the general you.

1 Like

It means you’re dehumanising them on two-fronts. You’re fetishzizing them, while simultaneously devaluing their relationships.

6 Likes

You still fall under the category of “Garbage Human” doing this.

4 Likes

From my experience as some one who is trans… people will never accept another person they will smile and say they do but you can feel their true feelings about it… I’d rather people be honest jerks… than lie tbh… that’s honestly worst ppl who pretend while talking crap about you when your a good bit away

When the homophobes aren’t here, they’re making out with me in Goldshire.

2 Likes

And look at the US people in this thread wanting to be just like Russia and China. Talk about having zero self awareness.

5 Likes

This is a mental image I did not need today.

At least, I think I didn’t need it.

2 Likes

Oh sweet bb, you needed it. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

He said he did have issues with it and dislikes the part of them that’s LGBT. Like, sure, my father says he loves me, but he’s told me gay people shouldn’t be able to get married, or that it shouldn’t be called marriage. He said this to my face, knowing it hurt me, because I am his gay daughter. I remember that night very clearly. Because of this and other reasons, I do not speak to him anymore.

Hearing from someone you love that they do not accept a vulnerable part of your identity that you cannot change is very harmful to the person on the receiving end.

18 Likes

Current and older generations are useless. They’re set in their ways, and nothing will change their minds.

But by increasing representation and normalization of all types of people will help to change things for younger and future generations.

Social change is inevitable, but things like this help speed it along to where tomorrow’s trans kid doesn’t have to face the same struggles and fears that you do.

7 Likes