Taliesen responds to homophobes about Gay shadowlands couple

Ah yes, the person who cant handle reality using the term delusions towards other is pretty hilarious xD

What this person means to say is

1 Like

Or, why are we catering to the 2%? The last of us 2, a game ruined by your politics.

1 Like

The last of us 2 broke sales record. And Ellie was a gay character LONG before The last of us 2 was even in development.

I love how Taliesen an incredibly toxic individual that puts on a nice face for the camera is loved, while asmongold who memes and acts like a bad person but is actually a nice guy is hated.

Oh…the topic…Who cares who is gay and who isn’t? Just stop shoving it down my throat. I support it, and I’m glad to hear its happening so that people feel included and/or represented, but I don’t need to hear that its happening 5,000 times.

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter if it’s “right” or “wrong” for a bunch of people to get upset; all that matters in the case of a product is whether they are or not.

A long winded way of saying “get over it” is about as effective as just saying “get over it.” That is to say, not effective at all. Never has been, especially when these people are paying. Can’t really tell someone to just “get over it” when they’re the one’s keeping you in business. That’s the beauty of capitalism; if you don’t like something, you don’t have to support what makes it.

So what do you do if you don’t like it? You do the adult thing and don’t buy the expansion. Simple.

The real childishness in all the complaints isn’t the subject matter itself, but the fact so many people who are complaining won’t put on their big boy pants and stand by their own opinions for once. That’s where the phrase “get woke, go broke” comes from - people abandoning a product once it adopts a stance a significant portion of its audience disagrees with.

Either don’t buy and/or don’t sub, or stop complaining. I’ve already chosen not to buy the expansion for a number of reasons, and this is just another hay in the stack. Why would I buy something containing stuff I don’t want?

That’s right. If you’re scared of the gays, don’t buy the expac. Less toxicity to interact with. :partying_face:

1 Like

More like “don’t sympathize with homosexual relationships because I’m not homosexual”, but yes. If you don’t like something about a game, why buy it?

Clearly not the intended audience, so why stay for the show? That’s what people used to do, so I never understood where this notion of feeling like you “have to buy” a certain product came from.

You came here though.

Really in my experience the anti-liberty folks on this issue are the ones screaming about it 5,000 times.

Westboro Baptist Church anyone?

I’m a veteran and they were (and are) protesting our funerals.

Yep, it’s called Pluralism (as a political theory).

It’s because the latter is based in discrimination.

It’s pretty simple.

If there was no “reason” for it to be added, the premise for it not to be would mean there were no relationships talked about before (and I could make a long list of WoW relationships) and they were not heterosexual.

Ellie having a girlfriend didn’t ruin Tlou2. It’s barely a complaint.
Most people have an issue with Abby, and how certain fan-fave characters are treated.

You’re claiming to know the motivations of the writer, with no evidence.

See the League of Legends development of “As We Fall” and the story of Varus.

The writer/developer just saw it as a same-sex love story, it felt right to him. Yet there were folks like you claiming it was tokenism.

I am a white guy, sometimes I just see my character I’m playing as a black man and that’s what I play shrugs. I have discovered I see paladins this way because of Diablo 2 though. I think this anecdotally demonstrates how representation in media matters. I now see holy warriors like paladins in my mind’s eye mainly black/African American.

You know, there’s a term for people who don’t have the capacity to feel empathy.

1 Like

Who the hell is Varius? Yes I’m serious never really played League.

A bow guy, purple. A Darkin if I remember correctly.

I’ll check and see if only because now I am kinda curiously.

On the topic of Talewhateverhisnameis (I don’t watch streamers because I’m not 8).

I’m not really comfortable with some attention-hungry streamer making money from allyship with his monetized stream.

2 Likes

He lost viewers for making fun of Asmongold so he has to pander to the LGBTQIJDKNKLFJNSJKLFNDS to get more viewers.

2 Likes

Hmmm…

He’s had a history of being an ally but you go on with your bad self.

1 Like