Taliesen responds to homophobes about Gay shadowlands couple

Two things people often forget.

There are gay Christians who would like to marry.

And there are other religions that would like to hold marriages for gay people because one faith does not hold a monopoly on marriage.

4 Likes

I’m very grateful that there are so many supportive people on WoW. Thanks for existing! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

True. Opposite opinion does not mean homophobic. Good job!

And I’m saying you’re being hustled. This idea that progressive thought, the idea that the world just a few years ago was such a terrible place. It’s a lie.

Pretending you haven’t seen any homophobia. It’s been subtle, the kind of hate that masquerades as concern. You don’t see it. Good for you.

Look I’m very tired and this argument you’re carefully building up to, is so very trite. So let’s skip to the part where you sarcastically tell me to have a great day.

3 Likes

Progressive thought has always been a thing. The very definition of progressive is making progress. Whether it’s in leaps and bounds or little baby steps, progress is progress. Acting like things were perfect in the 80’s is delusional. They were better than the 70’s, but not as good as the 90’s. That’s how progression works.

he’s a very weak nu-male, blocking/reporting is what they do. how my generation turned out to be such snitching, feckless dogs is beyond me.

but as to the topic, i don’t care that they’re gay, i just wish they were women. the matriarchal nature of the night elves made them unique. i don’t care when the sisterhood of elune was established, matriarchy has been a part of night elven society since they were dark trolls.

i just wish that would be respected.

3 Likes

it’s not stated that they’re night elves, just that they worship elune, which is where this talk of elune not being the moon is coming from

I always thought the matriarchy of the Night Elves was amazing, matriarchies aren’t bad but Blizz seems terrified of writing them without crazed psychopaths.

They should take notes from Fire Emblem.

2 Likes

People forget that acid rain, a near nuclear holocaust, and lynching were hallmarks of those decades.

The older decades were not the halcyon days, nor are the later ones guaranteed to be inherently better. We fix what needs fixing, and keep what needs keeping.

2 Likes

that is true, but their voices are very night elven.

i personally would like to see them be aliens. that would be a more interesting route, showing elune to be universal. talliesin got that much right.

but if they are night elves, i really do hope they’re made females instead.

Oh, so you’re one of those people who wants others to be “educated” and then when said person asks to be educated, you turn around an go “lol educate yourself”. Good job.

I’m not sure what sort of argument you think I’m building up to, please enlighten me. Pretty sure I’ve put my thoughts down relatively succinctly in my posts on this thread.

Why would I tell someone who very clearly doesn’t want to engage to have a great day, even sarcastically.

1 Like

same

I’d love to meet aliens who met their end during the burning crusade, get that grim feeling of civilizations that couldn’t fight them back and lost their worlds

I get the feeling that that’s a step in the near future of the story.

Triggered me there dude, leave the germans out of this, theyve suffered enough.

The thing is, if not for the stonewall riots and the consequent gay prides and our existence in media, being gay would still be seen the same was as the 1900s, as something wrong, evil, mental illiness, we would be hiding rn if not for the stonewall riots, people who went public and now the representation in all forms of media.

The fact that people spoke up is what made this change

And lets not pretend equality has been achieved when there’s a huge group of people just waiting to vote for people to take away all those equality laws including the right to marry each other which are also funded by certain very rich homophobes.

The only way for equality to be a thing is to be normalized to the point of homophobes being a ridiculous minority with no power or relevance.

And based on many statistics, they still hold a lot of power and relevance.

2 Likes

Godwin’s law is strong in that one. Good luck.

1 Like

man, would you please go back to /wowg/ and stop being a concern troll?

I’ve been slowly losing the will to live ever since Cae made me picture Garrosh as Catra, so imma just peace out of here for now.

Good luck to those who are still in this for the long haul.

He can’t, he gets blasted on Reddit lol.

1 Like