Taliesen responds to homophobes about Gay shadowlands couple

I mean so do I and can easily say that this is BS.

“Because they’re cowards who bow to their main market, the Chinese.”

What do you have against Chinese people?

Are you talking fiscal conservatism? Or social conservatism? Because those are two completely different things.

I don’t watch any news, as I believe the MSM is the number one cause of almost all societal problems in this country at the moment. Sensationalism and cherry-picking has divided people along several faultlines, leading to a myraid of Us vs. Them problems with no middle ground, no grey area.

I do know, however, that conservative Republicans aligned themselves with Jerry Falwell and the Moral Majority in the 80’s and started that party on a path of trying to integrate Christian values and morals into politics and legislation.

I do know that the majority of liberal Democrats care nothing about their constituents, and only capitalize on national social movements when it suits them and their reelection.

If you genuinely believe that any politician has your best interests at heart, then you are sadly mistaken.

I know there are open-minded conservatives, just as I know there are hate-mongering liberals. It should never be an either/or situation.

BUT, as I said, if your ideology devalues a human being based on their fundamental biological makeup, then you have aligned yourself with a bad ideology and need to reevaluate your stance.

6 Likes

Some places are getting better.

Virginia, for example, is doing better. And not just in NOVA.

Also I hope it is mature love story. Blizzard is so bad in writing romance. It doesn’t feel mature and looks childish.

You live your life with your head buried in the ground then.

2 Likes

But what if its you?

Ok? I’m not sure how that retorts what I said, but sure.

The irony in this comment is enough to smash Osmium.

Nothing. It’s the communist party of China that I hate. They act like bullies.

I mean, OK.

Oh who the fark am I kidding, I’m probably not gonna read the quest text or dialogue anyway. It could be the most beautiful big gay love story in the world and I’m just interested in whether I’ll get an upgrade out of it.

The best generation, with the best music/tv/movies.

4 Likes

Personally i agree with this though to be honest every generation thinks that.

it’s just “I shared my energy with my husband” and then they continue

we might be less averse to gay couples in media if it were normalized, they can be just as badly written as tyrande and malf in legion, it’s fine

2 Likes

Idk, it’s really hard to topple “The Goonies” if you ask me.

1 Like

As a gay person it’s really not worth arguing with any of these people, because at the end of the day society and our government are becoming increasingly progressive as the general public becomes more educated/sympathetic and less ignorant to these topics.

Homophobes are just angry about any inclusion of gay people at all and label it as “forced” or “shoved in our faces” but in reality they just don’t want to see ANYTHING or anyone gay in any form of media and can’t handle the fact that it’s becoming increasingly more common and accepted and as time passes and generational turnover continues it will be more and more widely accepted.

They are upset because they are becoming the minority and they can’t handle that. :man_shrugging:

No point in arguing with them, just keep on supporting people and making the world a brighter place.

Exactly rofl, if it had just said “I shared my energy with my wife” no one would have batted an eye or said “but him having a wife is FORCED where is the buildup? The reasoning behind it?”.

People only say it’s forced or unnecessary because it’s a gay couple, which is inherently showing their homophobia/discomfort with it.

10 Likes

That reminds me of the cut scene from Star Trek TNG that Frakes fought so hard to keep in.

Where it was just Riker congratulating a male officer on his marriage to another male officer.

Sadly, despite Frakes and others pushing for it, the network killed it.

2 Likes

The abyss stares back at those who laugh at the misery of others.

Oh really? That’s it?

Hrm. I figured it was at least more suggestive than that based on the hub-bub. I was here visualizing an entire quest chain devoted to basically becoming a Grindr App, getting these two together or something.

Not really sure what the big deal is about.

1 Like

Me, I don’t care about whether a character is gay or not either.

But when a company introduces a gay character it always gets a mixed response from me. On one hand they are saying "Hey, we’ve introduced a gay character to show diversity and that we accept those of the LGBTQ community. On the other, it can come off as feeling like the character is just being used as bait so the company can just pat themselves on the back.

Blizz does have other gay NPC couples who have quests and dialogue to give them personalities. And then they have Marcus the Paladin who’s his own love machine.

2 Likes