Tab Targeting is More Broken Then Ever

We can all agree it never was “fixed” to begin with. It has been a PITA since Vanilla, and will always continue to be so. Remember, kiddos… it is not a bug, it is a feature!

every one just needs to flood the support / bug report with tab targeting for the next six months

Happened to me the other day. Was fighting a group of trash in dungeon, killed one of the mobs, tabbed to switch target, hit a different pack of mobs across the room…

1 Like

You mean you don’t want to tab target mobs that are out of range and in other groups?

Tab target is broken!

It’s been years with this nonsense. Why hasn’t Blizzard addressed this yet?

1 Like

Well it was a problem since WoD. They had it fixed but then it broken in legion and with BFA they laid off most of their Q/A…so yeah don’t expect to have it fixed soon. :100: :+1:

The dumbest thing about it is: it targets mobs in packs that are like 20 yards away -and not aggro’d - while ignoring the 10 hitting me in the face. What’s up with that?

Restrict tab targeting to engaged mobs, there is never a time I want to tab target a ranged non-aggro mob, I will click that one if I want to do that. Happened to me last night in a ML15, where my shield then brought another pack before I really wanted to.

3 Likes

Sure there is. I would tab target an unagroed mob in front of me all the time. That’s not the issue.

It’s just that the system takes your agency away in favor of an algorithm that “knows better than you” at what you should be targeting. Obviously thats not true and this is a case of unnecessary over engineering.

Let the player “select” the next tab target by simply moving their character in a way that puts that target in front of the player. It worked fine that way for 10 years.

Ffs people in this generation are so lazy.

My favourite is when I purposefully back into a corner before pulling so no mob can get behind me, I pull and it will still target the ONE mob who is at the edge of my character’s sight and therefore ‘not in front’ and unable to be engaged.

Blizzard, please fix!!!

And then in a rush, you accidentally skip the mob you wanted to target in the first place, and you now have to mash tab again.
Pain.

2 Likes

Different modes would be nice, an option to not target not in combat mobs, a tank option that will target mobs without aggro first etc

What does this have to do with laziness?

I’ve pulled packs by accident due to tab targeting. Why would I target a mob on the other side of the room when there’s four in my face? Lesson learned, be prepared to hit tab more often than you should need to.

3 Likes

Can I heart this post more than once please?

2 Likes

Sure, here you go…

This so much!

I tabbed with a red baddy right in front of me and was suddenly shooting a yellow practically behind me…

Tab targeting makes me mad on a daily basis!!

1 Like

I completely agree OP and I wish I had the option to turn off minions in the tab target

That’s behind you on the third level around the corner outside down the street in the basement of the next zone over

3 Likes

I’m in a Battleground. I purposely turn towards my enemy target. I press the TAB button. Who do you think get’s selected? The enemy right there in front of me?

Oh no, it selects some guy behind me thats running in the opposite direction.

I hit TAB again, hoping that the enemy in front of me is targeted. Nope. Now it’s some guy to the right of me.

Over and over I TAB and each time it selects a different enemy target but absolutely none of them are the enemy right in front of my character.

What is this nonsense?

4 Likes