Tab Targeting is More Broken Then Ever

Stop trying to be fancy by trying to predict what targets I want. Your algorithms fail at it every single time.

Change tab targeting back to the target that is the first mob within a cone in front of the character. I can move my character around if I want a different target.

121 Likes

just click on the mob you want to kill

That’s a terrible suggestion for a solution. If I wanted to click I wouldn’t be using tab.

61 Likes

You mean you dont want to target that mob behind you youre not facing??

64 Likes

I love how the tab targets prefers to target the enemies pets, army of the dead, and the guy on the other side of the map instead of the guy in front of me.

74 Likes

Oh good, I’m not the only one who finds that supremely annoying.

42 Likes

This can be very difficult in larger pulls, particularly when doing M+ on explosive week. When I try to click the explosives it usually selects a mob standing next to it instead, and tab target usually wants to target everything except the explosive.

13 Likes

Check your keybind settings. There is many options to set your keybind to the target you want.

Yeah they broke tag targeting again because they had it fixed at the end of WoD/early legion.

Not sure what changed but yeah if you are a melee character it is really frustrating as you don’t target the closest enemy that is in melee range. o.O

11 Likes

Elaborate.

Currently my Tab key is set to “Target Nearest Enemy”. This is observably false.

Tab doesn’t target the Nearest Enemy in front of the character, it cycles through a selection of enemies that are nearby. That isn’t necessarily the one that is closest nor is it one that is in front of the character.

25 Likes

Oh man, the worst is when you have 2-3 hostile mobs in front of you, you hit tab and it targets a dang deer or something in the background that wouldn’t attack you otherwise, then suddenly you have 4 things attacking you instead of three. Or having to click tab a bunch of times to get the right mob you want to attack or your pets/minions are already attacking.

36 Likes

I agree with this. I hate running towards a mob, and it’s tabbing everything behind me.

It’s always a crab.

18 Likes

actually, it seems like in pvp tab targeting ignores pets and minions now.

which is good or bad , depending ?

Not for me, unfortunately.

It’s beyond annoying.

Especially, especially in PvP.

There’s someone in front of me… and it cycles around this player full circle before getting to my target. I gave up and just click now.

4 Likes

not disagreeing, but in Korrak’s it seemed like tab picked players over pets and minions, which was new to me.

I can’t believe how many damage I miss out on by tab targeting…so annoying. I tab over and it tabs something in the fareast corner…wth??? Fix this crap. I have to click? oh hell no…click on a closer target just to see if I can get another garrote in. This is not a point and click kinda thing.

1 Like

IT has clearly become more of a PIA than anything else in the game. I don’t think the current programmers fully understand target nearest enemy and or lack the skills to fix it. I believe this was initially broke to try and balance/handicap PVP at the expense of regular game play. in the old days we could console and set cvars for distance but i think that too is gone.

7 Likes

Yet another (hostile) mechanism for extending “time played”.
“No, not that one…not that one either…damn, no, no, not this one, not that one… sonavabich, finally!”

5 Likes

What? It isn’t meant to target the elite at the outskirts of your range who pulls 18 of his equally elite buddies along?

13 Likes