Tab Targeting is More Broken Then Ever

less we forget you cant click the target because what ever companion quest you’re on has the dude standing right up in your Chit. Blizz failed at programming social distancing in the game. I run up on an herb and dumb a%^se companion runs up and stands on it or his model is so big I cant click anything 10 yards around my character(the bigifier and ape quests in zandalar) . I know not not tab related per say , but rebuts the clicking argument

8 Likes

Yeah tab targeting is broken again but that is not surprising.

1 Like

They should’ve just reverted it back to early MoP tab targetting but no they rather try to improve it only to make it worse then forget about it and leave it in its current broken state.

5 Likes

Yup as a melee tab targeting is always going to the furthest target attacking me which is often an NPC caster when I have three NPC melee on top of me.

Great game design for a multi million dollar company.

5 Likes

Im not sure of the specifics of how it used to work vs now. I only remember that tab targeting was far better in Burning Crusade.

5 Likes

Tab targeting may need to be adjusted for a difference between melee and ranged.

2 Likes

still very much broken garbage … why not let us set the distance within parameters for Tab targeting, Blizz can limit upper and lower limits but let us tune to our game-play , in SM yesterday I tabbed thru 15 stationary cannoneer mobs (some not even in view window, 2 rooms over ) before it picked one of the 4 in front of me smashing my face in.

9 Likes

I was just swearing about something similar today. And yesterday. And the day before yesterday. And the day before that. And the etc etc etc. It’s so incredibly bad.

5 Likes

absolutely agree. VERY annoying. Not even the macro I use stops it all the time.

well I hate it…my wife hates it…so youre not alone

2 Likes

Even with that I find that it still sometimes targets something across the room. If what Im fighting dies that split second my attack instead hits whatever it is Im NOT wanting to attack.
Pain in the rump.

4 Likes

yeah…the only way Ive seen around it is to macro it.

/cleartarget /targetenemy

and even then it still does stupid crap.

Wait.

You don’t want to target that mob in the pack far off to the left that the tank hasn’t even remotely moved close to?

You want that other mob the tank is fighting?

FINE! SEE IF I EVER TRY TO HELP YOU AGAIN!

3 Likes

Yeah every so often, usually when it matters most (dungeons, BGs, visions), it’ll decide to target something beyond (or almost beyond) casting range, ignoring the three hostiles standing 3 yards or less in front of me. Really annoying, because it requires that extra little bit of attention to make sure I don’t pull another pack or use my cooldown on the tank halfway across the field instead of the on the DH eating my face.

1 Like

THIS. A million times this! As a Rogue especially that opens with Garrote on multiple targets with a short window of time to do so, it is so frustrating when I TAB off the initial target, mashing Garrote, only to then notice that TAB decided to target the FURTHEST enemy from me instead of the second mob that is literally right in front of me. Then comes the frantic TAB mashing as it cycles through all of the furthest targets until it finally forces me to hinder my mobility by switching off of my mouse for movement to CLICK the enemy I’m breathing on.

Blizzard, this is what we got as a result of you “fixing” something that wasn’t broken.

4 Likes

please for the love of the old gods, fix this in SL
it is impossible to multi target dps when TAB targets guys in rooms not even in LOS , at minimum let us set the range via a cvar

2 Likes

I’ve noticed 0 issues with tab targeting.

Tab Targeting is really horrible. l love when i look at the dude 6 feet in front of me, and the tab target thing targets the dude 40 yards away looking at a tree or something lol

2 Likes

Oh lord is it ever @$$^#%& frustrating. Sure, let me aggro that neutral mob over there. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Omg, this almost always happens and is so annoying, especially when I’m tabbing through targets to dot them all up.

2 Likes

They should’ve just reverted to early MoP everything

2 Likes