T6 is longer than T5

Yeah Trash is just… man it’s so tedious. Like waiting your turn to appear before the judge tedious. It’s not exciting in the least.

I’ve not come across any fights that aren’t fun raid wise except Gruul. I feel bad for anyone without aoe capability and some solid tanks as the bosses for t6 aren’t that difficult if they can get to them.

Thats why you get gud on the trash so you don’t have to do it again. They are part of the challenge of PvE.

Its no different than having to start the level over after using all your lives on the boss in Megaman. Deal with it.

7 Likes

Jokes on all of you, I get so drunk during raid I can’t remember any of it anyway!!

3 Likes

You brought a good point. They should seriously think to remove half of the trash.

1 Like

I don’t see many people caring about hymnal other than the first night getting everyone attuned.

After that if we spend a minute in hymnal that could be spent in in Bt then I will be annoyed.

1 Like

back in my day we raided 25 hours not 6.

3 Likes

Deal with what? I don’t have issues with trash.

Trash is simply not a fun aspect of pve. I’m not complaining about it to have it changed just stating a fact that most people find trash to be boring which is why it’s been removed from a lot of future raids or lessened. Even other online games have reduced trash to make raids more interesting.

Some of you people need to learn how to read a comment without full on overanalyzing. Deal with that.

That’s alright, not everyone is going to clear the content while it’s current including myself. I have very limited playtime including my raid team

Either way by the end of TBC I’ll be in the same gear as the person whos been clearing it since the 1st week it came out

1 Like

There is a lot of trash, but much like SSC and TK - a lot can be skipped, bypassed or after a few weeks done efficiently in BT.

Hyjal is just a butt, a big stinky butt.

1 Like

It’s really not that we don’t have the time to clear out the raids, Vashj and KT are both just real progression bosses with mechanics that can consistently wipe you. If KT and Vashj were on the same level of other T5 bosses I’d wager you could throw in another 4 bosses and we could full clear that.

So it’s really going to come down to how hard the T6 bosses actually are to get through and if any bosses pose real walls for guilds like KT and Vashj did. Everything I’ve heard is that T6 is a step down. Will I be wrong about that? Guess I’ll find out.

Some bosses are intentionally tuned pretty light, meant to be a reward for getting attuned/fill holes in gearing so you don’t have to go back to T5.

There’s a lot more tidewalker/a’lar difficulty fights in T6 where the raid needs to learn mechanics, but it’s not overly difficult. You probably will need to spend some attempts learning RoS, Bloodboil, and Gorefiend, and Mother sharahz is a pretty binary shadow resist check (you need enough and then she’s pretty trivial).

Archimonde is very simple, but unforgiving. A lapse in attention can cause a wipe quickly. Illidan/Illidari council are the most “complex” of the teir and mercifully the phases are much shorter (and will be shorter still with modern dps numbers).

I’ll even say that while the trash is long, it’s mostly simple. Nothing as bad as some TK trash.

You’ll notice I didn’t talk about Hyjal much… I don’t think modern audiences will have much issues with any fight except archimonde.

People forget that bad guilds wipe on trash over and over giving them less time on bosses to progress. Hyjal and BT might just destroy guilds with 4-6 hours a week to raid since you can’t speed up Hyjal trash…

1 Like

Every guild will find a little bit of a hiccup with one of them depending on what weak spot your guild has.

Is it healers? Bloodboil
Is it having 1 too many people who get overwhelmed and can’t do the simplest mechanic other than pressing 1 button rotations? Gorefiend
Do your tanks and melee suck? RoS

Gorefiend has a brilliant solution that my old guild used to employ. We have a holy paladin that for whatever reason just…could…not…kill…ghosts. Ever.

So we had him run ahead, get chunked by the boss then we would all run in and do the fight as normal.

2 Likes

you have to be pretty bad to die to the first 2 bosses in Hyjal… and the next two once you’ve seen them once or twice.

Hyjal trash is overblown. It’s long but easy. So are the bosses tied to trash.

That is funny. I remember playing the little flash game for Gorefiend even though I barely raided past T4 in OG TBC.

2 Likes

Phase 2……pop all trinkets! Burn all cds we need to zug zug this phase and get to phase 3!

will our 3 rogues be a problem you think? we have to rest our arms for 2 mins after a blade flurry… have doctors certificate and everything

1 Like

Melee is less of a problem in T6 compared to fights in T5, you’ll be fine as long as you have pretty high overall raid dps. Only requirements class wise really is a mage for council, a warlock for tanking Illidan, 2 tanks with fire resistance.

Hyjal is rough if you don’t have a handful of mages and warlocks for trash

Melee is solid for speed.

I know warriors go up around 30% dps in next phase bis.

They are going to be monsters.

1 Like

No, that’s my point. The trash isn’t hard but you can never speed it up and will always eat your time.