Sync exploiting is out of hand

But we do.

How?

1 Like

By them specifically saying 1-2-3-queue isn’t against the rules.

Again, you can not like it, you can ask for a change to make it against the rules, but as it stands, right now, it isn’t.

Who is them? Because blizzard themselves never said that.

These solo queuers hitting the button at the same time aren’t in groups! These aren’t people who are RL friends or game friends. They are people who show up to get into the BG on the same side in voice chat. That is their relationship to one another.

Hardly anyone gets together an actual group of 5 to enter an unrated BG. I’d love to see stats on that. It’s probably less than 1% of people queuing for an unrated BG. You’ll still get wrecked if the other side has 10-15 in a 10-15 player BG.

1 Like

Do you actually believe that is the right thing to do, and fair, or are you just trolling while you wait for a queue to pop?

/ignored

1 Like

This is incredibly disingenuous. The other half of the post you quoted from:

You can be upset (even rightfully so) that something is now how you want it to be, but it doesn’t make everyone else wrong that it is not currently that way.

You’re falling into the same pitfall Adroi did, this absolutism “Blizzard is simply not doing anything about it due to sheer laziness, but it’s actually totally against their rules because I interpreted it to be an exploit regardless of what they’ve said previously” malarkey.

The only value you could perceive out of that stance is trying to retroactively punish people for something they did knowing it was allowed. Which is IMHO more wicked than any fun ruining happening as a result of them engaging with the system as is allowed.

Here we go again…

That’s where the hidden random delay comes in.

They will all click at the same time, but will be actually allocated on the queue after, say, 1-60s, randomly (time frame could be adjusted to be longer or shorter).

Anyone entering in the queue that in that time frame will likely be randomly placed in non-sequential slots, instead of almost certainly together, as it is now.

I even wonder whether that’s not a thing already.

Another idea is to always spread queues among BGs.

If 10 people queue for an epic, they will be evenly split among 4 different BGs.

Both solutions would increase queue times, but, IMHO, are definitely worth it.

2 Likes

I guess you mean this? It’s really up to debate what it means. You can understand it being “one, two, click!” and no other extra stuff and hoping to get into same battleground together and that’s basically what they’re after here. Most likely they said it like that to ensure peeps that no one will be punished for accidental queues, etc. Can be any reason tbh.

However, when organizing a premade battleground team, you can have scouts and other means to make sure that you get into the same battleground. Does that qualify for “other means”? What about addons designed for this? The 8 groups of 5 rarely just hope that they end up in the same team as it would be inefficient to do so.

So, no, we don’t know for sure. You can draw implications and assume, but you can’t say for sure.

I do read your posts in full.

1 Like

No? Not really? This is pretty unambiguous.

What does “other means” mean? I don’t think that is straightforward. I really can’t draw a line between x and y with that.

If you read my post, you wouldn’t have had the need to make this comment.

1 Like

Addons. Anything that isn’t manual, as has been further explained with other quotes and evidence that they’ve taken a hard stance against third party assisted queueing.

This is fairly unambiguous. Regardless of what ‘other means’ does or doesn’t include, it is confirmed that going 1, 2, 3 click is not included as of that post. That could change, but thus far has not.

tf kinda dishonest bad faith argument you runnin here chief

2 Likes

It’s definitely not fair, but that’s not the discussion these trolls are trying to have here. They’re going the route of “This is cheating, so it should be stopped” instead of “It’s unfair, I don’t like, it should be stopped”.

The way I understood it, they decline if it doesn’t pop for everyone at the same time.

That is the way of it. Addons that can aid in this were broken, as per previous statements linked in this thread (and often misrepresented to mean that doing so manually is exploitative per Blizzard’s interpretation, which we have a blue post to confirm otherwise on.)

Careful they will block you if you keep blowing there lies out of the water.

I just made a long post and now you decide to say this :smile: I haven’t gone all the way the thread, because, well, tl;dr reasons. It’s massive thread.
If you are sure that the premade groups simply count down from 3, 2, 1 and click queue by themselves without any further addon/ingame/third party/x assistance, then sure. I highly doubt that’s the case.

I want to mention that, yes, counting down is allowed. I get that. Still, it doesn’t explain what does “other means” include and therefore it can’t be unambiguous. It just points out that one specific thing. What if people used x method to assist them? Do they use such a thing? How can we be sure if we can label it cheating or not? This is why I think it’s necessary to be clear with their rules.

And you sweet cheeks. If you didn’t see everyone who merely disagree with you as trolls, the conversation would’ve been more pleasant and fruitful. -_- Take notes from the vulpera how they handle this.

2 Likes

It’s not there is video proof they use addons. But of course, they ignore that fact.

1 Like

I tried searching a streamer who streamed premade epic bgs with addon assistance, but couldn’t find it anymore. I didn’t have proof about this, so I didn’t want to mention it.