Sylvannas divided Soul

I mean, the Light didn’t save anything if you think about it.

The part of Uther that ended up “with the Light” is the part of Uther that went into Frostmourne that we released by shattering Frostmourne and helped during late Wrath. That’s decades of torture.

The part of Uther that wasn’t put into Frostmourne is the part of Uther that was turned into a Kyrian with a wound on his soul that led Devos to become Forsworn.

What if, “The Light has made a deal with the enemy of all” was about a “deal” that Light and Death made, but we’ve all been wrong and it’s not Calia but actually Uther.

I mean Teldrassil was an entire zone, not just a city. Same with Ashenvale and Darkshore.

apparently they don’t.

It’s not one or two souls, it’s thousands if not millions of souls that all went to wow hell for eternal torture because of Sylvanas.

Was it a smaller scale when Teldrassil was an entire zone?

3 Likes

I was speaking in terms of loss of life. Cities and zones can be rebuilt and restored, the slain nights can’t.

thats not right, the part saved by the light is the thing send into bastion, the golden part.

Nah, cuz the Uther we interact with in Legion that is “with the Light” (ie in the Light Afterlife, we summon him via prayer at his tomb and a flash of Holy Light appears and Uther appears) is the Uther we released from Frostmourne.

The RightSide!Uther is the one that became a Kyrian, away from the Light.

I think they intentionally reversed the colors we normally assume with their opposite conclusion, to foreshadow something or to imply something.

BlueHalf!Uther = Frostmourne!Uther = SavedDuringWrath!Uther = ForgaveArthas!Uther = LightDuringLegion!Uther

YellowHalf!Uther = Kyrian!Uther = AngryVengeanceArthas!Uther

So lets say maybe the “Light” separated Uther’s soul, giving his “better half” to Frostmourne, knowing eventually they’ll claim it, and his “worse half” to Death, to sow discord and unrest.

1 Like

You are giving the writers too much credit to think in detail about these things.

2 Likes

Nah I actually think they’ve been putting more effort into the lore development of and in shadowlands given the absolutely massive catastrophe and failure of BFA

but the right side is golden, and in this moment the picture declared a message. The blue side is a part of uther,but the yellow side is the side saved by the light.

An entire zone means an entire zone full of villages, a capital city and countless of life.

1 Like

But it literally wasn’t “saved” lol

The Yellow!Uther didn’t go to the Light Afterlife but went to Bastion.

Like Uther being split is maybe perhaps the “deal” the Light made with Death, intentionally screwing over one of its greatest champions on Azeroth.

Looks like Sylvanas still evokes some strong emotions from the players. The dev team managed to find a way to keep people engaged for a long time.

I’m confused as to why your debating me when we agree on your initial point any Sylvanas. My point is that while Teldrassil is gone, cities, towns and homes can be rebuilt. The thousands that died are just gone. The reason is on a smaller scale than Silvermoon is a direct reference to the death toll . Teldrassil had an evacuated that saved when knows how many, Silvermoon didn’t. They tried to get out and failed. 90 percent of that population was wiped out. So in that light yes, Teldrassil was a smaller scale in terms of loss of life, not towns and cities destroyed.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure wnat happened to Uther was a rare thing, and it appears his soul was more wounded than split. We see it took a chunk out of him.

I’ve heard some say his soul is split and that Bluther is mean mirror mirror Uther or something. But, c’mon. Paladins have a whole spec called Retribution and one of Uther’s last words to Arthas was;

I dearly hope there’s a special place in hell for you, Arthas”.

Turns out he got to give him an express delivery right there. Until we see something that confirms it was split I’m just going to assume it was wounded.

3 Likes

Don’t think this divided soul meme would be a good thing regarding frostmourne lore, in my opinion what happened to Uther is unique and most probably to be able to explain how we interacted with him during wrath and other instances.

I was just adding to your point that Teldrassil as an entire zone has more life than Silvermoon as just a city, so the loss of life at Teldrassil was higher which makes it a larger scale than Silvermoon.

If you’re going by proportions, then 90% might be higher than the portion of Night Elves and living creatures that died at Teldrassil, but overall it was surely a higher death toll at Teldrassil.

2 Likes

So clearly your including the plants and animals in Teldrassil too, which no one else is doing. No one is minimizing Teldrassil in any way, shape or form. That said, it’s want just silvermoon that was attacked, it was all of Quel’Thalas. What about the plants and animals that were killed along with the Elves in Tranqulien? That place will never recover. Arthas swept through that land from beginning to end and no one was spared.

What else is there to measure by?

I was higher. By a lot.

You just contradicted your previous sentence.

I was saying that Teldrassil itself was way way worse than Silvermoon, but we don’t know if more or less than 90% of Night Elves died.

Also, Ashenvale and Darkshore were wiped out too which is probably around the same size as Quel’Thalas, if not more.

Also, the fact that Sylvanas knowingly sent those souls to wow hell for eternal torture and obliteration is what makes it really really evil and imo worse than Arthas

5 Likes

I mean, I agree with this. Blizzard’s story writing has taken… uh, a big plunge over the years. Sylvannas was a victim of that, and that’s why I firmly believe keeping her alive is just a one-way ticket to…well… in short… Keeping WoW like a 10 year old’s roleplay fantasy. There is no logical reason to keep her around other than for fan service.

There is a huge bias toward Sylvannas for some reason, almost as if the writers are obsessed with her. Or know that people are blindly obsessed with her as well. She’s a bad person at heart, and I think people need to realize that she is a fundamentally flawed character as well. She has been handed down by so many writers that her identity is more or less lost in her bipolar actions. Indeed we could -technically- have “good and bad” fragments of her soul lying around. But why?

Sylvannas was a product of her demise. She was twisted by Arthas, couldn’t accept what she was, and then later became just like him. Even if there were a good part of her left, I don’t think she would want to live with those memories. I don’t think anyone would. This is why she contemplated dying in WoTLK.

2 Likes

Cool. We recover Sylvanas’s good soul and have her marry Anduin, I’m in for this.

1 Like

Yes we do, just look at the facts. The army was gone and didn’t get back until the end and there was an evacuation. Stormwind and goldsmith alone are packed over compacity. Not to mention the Elves that weren’t even in Teldrassil.

No one was in Ashenvale but the small force of Sentinels in Astarnaar and Silverwing Outpost. Darkshore why wiped out either. They were taken prisoner by Saurfang and let go or remained as such until it was taken back.

No one debating Sylvanas being evil. Whether she’s worse than Arthas can be debated but in the grand scheme, Arthas has caused far more damage to the people of Azeroth. That’s just a indisputable fact. The dude slaughtered the citizens of 3 independent nations. I’m including the Drakari trolls.

Can Sylvanas do more or worse than he did? Absolutely, but that hasn’t happened yet.

3 Likes