Sylvanas Won, Night Elves Lost (Amirdrassil Is A Dud)

Azshara was trying to beckon them because she thought she’d be able to take over everything with Sargeras, but he just played her.

Just dumping a (functional) Emerald dreamway directly to Hyjal or Darkshore or Ashenvale would probably alleviate a lot of people’s issues.

Implied? My dude, it’s confirmed and on live servers already AND on PTR.

Imagine having to commute across the world to visit your ancestral home. Feels bad.

3 Likes

There are other places it could go. There are numerous groves and vales in Ashenvale that would be ideal, plus the vast expanse of entirely empty space in western Stonetalon.

Other Possible Locations

• Shrine of Alessina, Ashenvale
  • South of Silverwind Refuge, Ashenvale
  • Use it to seal the volcano in central Ashenvale
  • Peak of Stonetalon Mountains
  • The hole formerly known as Thal’darah Grove in Stonetalon (that Garrosh blew up)
  • Cenarion Wildlands in central Desolace (lots of elven ruins nearby)
  • Center of the lake north of Dire Maul (Eldre’thalas)
  • INSIDE of Eldre’thalas. Would offer a perfect opportunity for the Kaldorei and the Highborne to come together once more.
  • On the ruins of Feathermoon Stronghold in Feralas.
  • Uh, let it overtake Teldrassil, duh?
5 Likes

Oh look, its another “Night elves cry because they dont read their own ingame lore” thread.

You all did not lose Kalimdor. night elves still control Feralas, ashenvale, darkshore, wintergrasp, moonglade, and hyjal. The overwhelming majortiy of the night elves homeland is still under their control. On top of that they won the war, thats been confrimed.

You all got your home back, literally an entire content patch dedicated to it, sorry it takes time for a tree to grow.

The only thing i would afford nigh elf players at this point is a quest chain that involves them relocating the refugees back to the territories they still control so that the majority of players who dont even read the lore or in game information, will stop crying about the refugees.

The burning of the tree sucked, and was one of the biggest mistakes blizzard made, but you all still act like crying children, its a game, and one that nightelves are still in massive control over, thats not even covering all of the broken isles they have control over.

1 Like

It’s not going anywhere else. It’s stuck in the Plains.

Telling has always been a weaker way of communicating a story than showing it.
Being told you won is vastly different from being show you won.

Reminds me of GoT for the battle of black water they hyped up all year and it was just a couple blurred scenes and Twyin walking into the throne room announcing his victory :expressionless:

Show. Don’t tell.

3 Likes

Which is why i said they just need to put in a short quest chain where the refugees go back to their new ones and back to the locations on kalimdor that they still own, which is like…almost all of it.

1 Like

I don’t think going back now with a short quest chain is advisable, simply because it won’t be enough. Cataclysm has left NE lands in a state of near total destruction. If such a thing needs to happen keep it for a world revamp if it ever comes along.
Use those resources to make the new city something really special so people aren’t offput by the replacement.

Also Blizzard had tons of opportunities to show some good victories over the Horde and Sylvanas but they never bothered so It’s too late to retread on those.

1 Like

Thats the issue, its never going to be enough. The nightelf community will cry about it anyway.
This thread is a testament to that. We know for a fact nightelves still control the overwhelming majority of kalimdor, despite every one thinking they dont.
The night evles won the war, again despite everyone thinking they did not.
Night elves quite literally just got an entire freaking content patch dedicated to the building of their new home including a raid, but the entire nightelf community still is crying about it.

It will never be enough for them is the problem. So showing them that the refugees have a new home is kinda the best you can do.

If they want a new city for no one to go into, sure, give them a city in the emerald dream zone that gets pulled out into the dragon isle that way we can just listen for them to complain about that again.

I cant wait to hear them complaining about how they need to take an extra loading screen to go to their capital city, despite the fact that for the longest time Darnasses required a board ride and a teleport to get into the city.

Again, the destruction of teldrissil was beyond stupid for blizzard, but night elf players act like they lost every single aspect of the races home lands which is not true.

Oh, ill give them malfurion though, that was a random kick in the teeth that no one wanted, same for Tyrande, 100% butchered that character and they should revert to her old legion model. her BFA onward sucks.

2 Likes

I disagree.

What’s going to be enough is not some half baked 0.5 update but some real genuine content that’s solely dedicated for the needed solution.

We started BFA with the genocide. The story became focused on Saurfang’s story instead. We got a little Tyrande thing but it was two steps forwards and a couple more back.
In SL instead of punishing the Horde, Sylvanas was the main protagonist and chosen as the blacksheep to bear the punishment. Instead she got a redemption story and swan dived into her own path of redemption. Meanwhile instead of vengeance or justice we got renewal… nobody knew what that was.

We are now 6 years into this whole saga with no real solutions but the story keeps trucking along drip feed after drip feed until now… another 0.5 patch. The tree blesses the aspects and we got a new home for the NEs. Away from Kalimdor for meta reasons… but we have some disclaimers that Kalimdor is still totally gucchi.

I think what’s going to be enough is what the Horde in BFA got. An entire expansion dedicated to their problem, they even had movie grade cinematics to tell the Horde story and then end it on a positive final note and MOVE THE EFF ON instead of dragging it on for three god damn expansions.

I think that would have been enough.
But having said that, its way too late now, we got to wait for more drip feeds to finally finish this. Maybe in Midnight. Maybe in an eventual world revamp, until then I don’t think this story is done.

What??? Its probably the one good thing to come out of all this.

2 Likes

Trolls, orcs, draenei, goblins and pandaren: “Okay?”

Disagree, having a Tier-2 capital (any racial town that isn’t Org and SW) so close to an opposing Tier-1 capital (Org and SW and Expansion Pack’s Flavor Of The Week) was always a mistake. It made it difficult to not always have a conflict brewing there since the hippies were so close.

I used to propose Lordaeron for Teldrassil back during Pandaria. Not in an in-universe trade, of course, but pretty much things going down more or less as they did. I didn’t imagine Sylvanas turning Lordaeron into a superfund site, but East Side Alliance and West Side Horde was a long time coming, and obvious as early as Theramore being nuked.

1 Like

The raid was about defeating Fyrakk from taking over the dream and the aspects getting their power back, it wasn’t about the night elves or “building” any home, the night elves weren’t involved in any raid cutscenes. Tyrande was only really there in this patch to kill other night elves, she wasn’t as relevant outside of that. The tree ended up being more about the aspects getting their powers back over any “home” for the night elves. Maybe they add a few huts around the base of the roots, but the patch and definitely the raid were not “dedicated” to the night elves.

5 Likes

Thanks!
/10

1 Like

You dun gone and poked the hornet’s nest. How silly.

That aside:

A really simply quest would be for the Shen’dralar to establish a permenant portal network (as they realistically should know how telemancy works. They were Azashara’s elite secret mage corps!), during which we go to important Kaldorei settlements in Kalimdor and also get a status update on all of them as part of it.

Show, don’t tell Blizzard. It go a long way to putting people’s fears to rest.

1 Like

Yeah, because he is trying to burn down the new world tree ie their new home.

Again my point proven NF fans just casually ignore the most important parts of the lore so they can complain more.

1 Like

Oh no, what is the night elf community going to do? Start another thread crying about how they never get lore despite every freaking expansion having something to do with them?

The average night elf lore lover is like Patrik star from sponge bob. “You aint my only food, now im going to starve.”

Like damn, i get the tree burning sucked it was definitely not a tit-for-tat thing with undercity but like, get over it, you have literally an entire continent still under their sway.

We are told we still have Kalimdor but not really.
I’m going to repeat myself:
Darkshore destroyed (some NPCs are shown moving to Amirdrassil)
Ashenvale is half controlled by Horde as per Eplore Kalimdor (some NPCs are shown moving to Amirdrassil)
Felwood filled with corruption and demons (we have like 1 outpost)
Moonglade is neutral with free access for the Horde
Hyjal is neutral with free access for the Horde
Winterspring is basically a Goblin land
Azshara given to Goblins to destroy

So tell me what functioning land do we still have?
Because if we do in fact have all these places for Night Elves to live in then why was Stormwind flooded with homeless Kaldorei until this patch?
Night Elves have been a decentralized society living off of nature around them so it makes no sense for them to live as beggars in the streets of a city at the other side of the world unless in fact those lands are unavailable either by virtue of being destroyed or contested by Demons or Horde.

Now we got a Tree at another continent where we see NPCs from all theses mentioned locations being glad they finally have someplace to call home.

But how out of place are we to think we don’t have Kalimdor because we still have some ruins scatterd across the contintent?

3 Likes

And the majority of those things you said are not true in lore.
Night elfs control all of ashen vale, darkshore, faralas, wintersprings, argulablyh moonglade, hyjal is ‘neutral’ except you know being run by all the night elves.

Night elves still control the largest swaths of land all over kalimdor, but just like i have been saying night elf community only wants to cry about it because thats all they really can do.

The only thing i will afford the night elf community besides a box of tissues, is that they should get a quest to kick the elves outta stormwind back into the zones they do control so we can stop listening to them cry on the threads.

Lets also not forget night elves LITERALLY get this entire content patch about everyone and race in the world coming together to regrow their tree, for what, a third time now? But all they want to do is still cry despite the fact everyone is helping them.

Its like watching someone cry that no one cares about them despite getting all the help in the world showered on them.

OH and you got Yesara back, you know that highly influential individual that is pivotal to druid and night elf lore despite her having one of the best send offs in the game. But again we dont count what would be the horde equivalent of saurfang or doomhammer showing back up.