Sylvanas should remain warchief

Actually I dont think you are paying attention.

The OP was accused of RPing - not me as far I know.

I was defending the OPs point as a valid and logical position born from facts. Not so much the point itself - though I agree with the point.

Your insults are ignorant and reflect that ignorance on you. I dont think Alynsa insulted me as an RPer - yet.

Often people are accused of RP on this forum, and rightly so. The OPs opinion seems born of his view of the facts in reality - not RP.

2 Likes

Can I get a paraphrase or quote on what exactly malf said? It’s been a while and It’s 7AM here so my brain’s a little fried.

Most of what we’ve gotten is you defending the point. “Defending”

My apologies

1 Like

Noted.

As long as you recognize my argument was based in actual events (the OP being called an RPer) - while your insult was based on events that never happened (a poster calling me an RPer).

Like most arguments in this thread, an invented non event.

“She was being generous when she called you an RPer” (ignorance - the OP was accused of RP by another person, not even the person you named)

“If Sylvanas never was born”

“If Thrall died and never founded the Horde”

I enjoy the plethora of non events being used in these arguments.

2 Likes

Way back in the time between WC3 and Vanilla, Staghelm wanted to grow a new world tree. Malfy said no, it’s a bad idea. Malfy then napped for a few years and Stags grew the new tree. All pre-WoW, of course.

Malfy was against Teldrassil because the aspects wouldn’t bless it, like they did with Nordrassil.

2 Likes

I’m siting here at 7AM trying to find an old WoW quote and ratio decidendi so I can debate a blood elf warlock. I’ve failed as a person.

Using real events but committing logical fallacies does not make you right

My mistake was in not checking so I could identify which exact type of dumb you were being. Yours is in your logical set up. Also, if you use real events but commit logical fallacies, it does not matter. Those “non-events” were hypothetical examples to try to show you what an ad hoc fallacy is.

2 Likes

If it helps, I don’t think the story came in a single quotable source. I remember coming across it in my way ancient days playing a pre-Cata nelf priest. Some info came from the cut scene, some from questgivers, and one from a non-quest giver NPC’s interaction text. There must have been a more coherent source somewhere, but that’s where I remember it from.

Also worth noting, Malfy’s problem with Teldrassil was later resolved when some of the aspects did bless it.

1 Like

May you learn from your mistakes once you acknowledge them.

The Vanilla Night Elf intro narration says that that Malfurion warned against Teldrassil, explicitly. That is the only in-game source I can recall. Here it is.

Edit: To be clear, I am sure there are other in-game sources that say similar things. This is just the only one I can actually remember.

4 Likes

Im not perfect. But mistakes, IRONY, logic, and intent are things I can recognize.

1 Like

Oh man, that just tickles me in my nostalgia spot so hard! Thank you for that.

2 Likes

I doubt I will play too much of Classic, when it releases. But nevertheless, things like this make me really excited to experience some of those old zones again. Especially the starting zones. I get a warm feeling inside just thinking of it.

1 Like

If Thunder Bluff is leveled by Alliance shaman, do we blame the Bloodhoof for living at such high altitudes? Or do we blame the people who leveled it in the first place?

3 Likes

Thank you for the relevant information.

I love how Blizzard states Malfurion’s warning against Teldrassil, and then used the terms “a group of Druids conspired…” . It really hammers home the bastardization Teldrassil was.

2 Likes

On another note, I am glad me and Ralph Wiggum agree Alynsa’s arguments are hypothetical.

1 Like

Baby boy? Is that you?

1 Like

I have been called worse by better - yet you are wrong again.

I think I recall you calling the OP that last night? If you are asking are we the same person - no.

1 Like

Conclusion of this entire thread: The night elves are still idiots for living in a tree.

2 Likes

I mean, Teldrassil later was blessed by the Dragon Aspects, and the corruption was cleansed. So, Malfurion’s concerns were pretty much entirely addressed by the time of BfA. He never advocated moving off the Tree, after his return to the waking world. So, I still don’t get your point.

4 Likes