Sylvanas should remain warchief

Oh hun. You haven’t heard it all in the slightest.

Neither of ya’ll trolling has accomplished anything. be happy pls.

1 Like

You literally are a self-admitted troll. You are the one sitting here with a post deleted for trolling.

Couldn’t have been me that did it. Usually they ban you for cursing on the forums. Yet here I am. Therefore, it had to be your outright admittance of making a troll post.

Fancy that.

This is a very good idea that could mend issues within the Horde! :grinning::+1:

2 Likes

This thread suddenly has me feeling like amnestic swiss cheese.

I disagree. How is that RP?

To suggest the Night Elves were stupid for building a civilization on top of a Tree is an opinion one could have as a reader without RP.

Malfurion cautioned against it before he was forced to take a nap. Yet the moment he was out of the picture, they did it anyway.

As far as constructive, it is as valid a point of view as “Sylvanas ebul!” or “Saurfang is a traitor!” imo.

2 Likes

Uhm… No. Malfurion cautioned against growing a world tree. He said nothing at all about living atop it. He never showed a single bit of reticence about the elves living among the trees. But he knew growing a world tree without the blessings of the aspects would be a bad idea, and he was right. Teldrassil got corrupted, and he had to purge that corruption. Post-cleansing, he never once advocated for moving off the tree.

3 Likes

Malfurion was against growing the World Tree that became Teldrassil. If it was never grown (as he suggested) it would not be there to live on top of.

Seems very simple. I am not even clear what point you are trying to make.

Do you think they would have floated in the air just pretending there was a tree to live on top of? Because had they listened to Malfurion, Teldrassil would never have even been there.

3 Likes

Well, I’m not surprised.

But you claim even Malfurion thought living on top of a tree was a bad idea. You then incorrectly cited his views of growing Teldrassil as proof. I simply corrected your mistake. Attempting to go back and use the ad hoc simplification of “well, but if they listened to him and not grown it, then I’m right now” doesn’t change the fact your claim was a false one, nor does it make this one somehow true.

5 Likes

Your lack of comprehension is charming. You admit Malfurion was against growing Teldrassil. Teldrassil would not have been there had he been heeded. He cautioned against it, as I said.

Your loquacious insults and word play are a long winded way of admitting this - yet acting like you are right? Fine by me.

2 Likes

Ah, I get it. You don’t even remember your own argument. I see now. But since you like the ad hoc argument and since you believe they make the best arguments, I’ll one-up you.

Had Thrall never escaped Durnhold Keep, he never would have formed the Horde. Sylvannas wouldn’t have had a large military force to use to assault Teldrassil. If Thrall died a slave, the world tree never would have burned.

It’s all Thrall’s fault for escaping.

3 Likes

Fault would be a loaded word.

I might use “gloriously successful deed to be credited for” if I were to make such an argument.

Though arguably in your hypothetical, Teldrassil would never even have been planted as the Legion may have been successful at Hyjal without the Horde and Alliance there - But that’s all your hypothetical.

Mine is not a hypothetical.

Malfurion was explicitly against growing a World Tree. It was against his beliefs to even grow it. That is the truth.

Planting Teldrassil against Malfurion’s warnings led to a society living on top of it. A society that would permit Worgen safe harbor. Worgen who attempted to assassinate the Horde’s Warchief. That is a fact not a hypothetical.

For a Poster to see Elves building a society on a tree as stupid, when the world is at war and such trees have been destroyed before - is a logical conclusion. Not just RP.

2 Likes

As much as I think Saur"ZERG RUSH"fang is over-hyped as a brilliant strategist, it’s worth noting that since Sylvanas lost him, the Horde isn’t doing great.

Night elves are safe landing in Ashenvale, and the war table shows shenanigans all over, so Ashenvale didn’t stay purely red for long. It’s also labelled as a front.

The Horde can’t stop the Titan abomination from breaking out, and everything basically falls apart in Zandalar.

Alliance yoinks the Horde’s BIG DEAL MACGUFFIN right back in a daring heist.

Darkshore? Also in conflict right now. In fact, the Alliance can afford to split its forces. Night elves are completely not demoralized, their strongest combatants are back on the scene… And Tyrande and possibly a lot of sentinels have some form of vague powerup. On a side note, night elves continue to kill stupid amounts of Horde for every fallen night elf.

And let’s not forget that Sylvanas lost the entire army in the CGI cinematic and blew up Undercity for LITERALLY nothing.

By the end of 8.1, the Horde’s willingness to fight dirty and MORAL GREYNESS have resulted in… Them being trounced so thoroughly that Warchief Sylvanas has brought the Horde within weeks of total collapse.

A+, for real.

Mine isn’t a hypothetical at all. Without Thrall, without the Horde, there is no chance Sylvannas would have even found Kalimdor, let alone be motivated to burn down Teldrassil. Without Thrall, Teldrassil would still stand. The hypothetical only exists in the depths of your mind.

And yet, none of that caused the tree to burn. Teldrassil existed for well over a decade without burning down, half of it with worgen living atop it. Still it did not burn. Sylvannas caused it to burn. Only when Sylvannas enters the picture does it result in the tree burning.

War didn’t burn it down. Garrosh went to war with the night elves, and the tree didn’t burn. The Horde and Alliance had been in some varying state of war since shortly after Teldrassil came into existence. Still, it didn’t burn.

Yourt logical conclusion only works if you ignore facts and reason in favor of pur ad hoc non-logic. Had Sylvannas never been born, Teldrassil would still stand, therefore Sylvannas’s parents are at fault. It uses as much logic as your argument.

1 Like

No.

My argument is grounded in events that occured. Your arguments are grounded in events that happened - not happening.

You argue Thrall dying or Sylvanas never existing or blahblahblah. I argue Malfurion’s own words, and the growing of Teldrassil in spite of them.

Your arguments are based on… Non events. Mine are based on actual events.

But I agree, it uses as much logic - because I don’t know how to quantify logic use in any numerical value.

2 Likes

I know I’ve delayed putting this off, but here’s the deal.

Sylvanas will do anything for HERSELF to survive. She does not care about the Horde. That’s been demonstrated by the Forsaken introduction video in classic, to her own leader short story, to Before the Storm’s excerpt. She admits apathy for the faction on multiple occasions, even takes the time to mock the deaths of Horde soldiers in Pit of Saron, and the Forsaken canonically held no true loyalty to the Horde when at least entering the faction, if not now too.

Sylvanas is not an altruist. She only came back from an attempted suicide after learning her afterlife was worth than undeath - not to aid the Horde. She even refers to the Forsaken as “unhindered by the fetters of morality” and states “Honor means nothing to a corpse.” Her primary concern is never going back to Hell, and that means she values her own well-being over the entirety of the Horde.

Saurfang, meanwhile, cares about VIRTUE. As anyone with morality should. Morality is not in-group loyalty. It’s about defending ideologies and a sense of right and wrong. If the Horde loses all moral fiber and just becomes a tool for Sylvanas to create another Scourge to protect her from true death - then let the Horde die.

4 Likes

I agree up to that point. You do argue that these events occur. Where you’re getting caught up is when you then use the occurance of those events to try and extrapolate a faulty conclusion, then present it as logical.

If they had listened to Malf and never grown Teldrassil, then Teldrassil wouldn’t have burned. Yeah, sure. If Sylvannas hadn’t been born, then Teldrassil wouldn’t have burned.

These are all non-arguments. The fact is had Sylvannas not burned down Teldrassil, Teldrassil wouldn’t have burned. Growing Teldrassil isn’t the instigating act that causes Teldrassil to burn. Burning it is. Night elves living on Teldrassil isn’t the instigating act causing it to burn. Sylvannas is.

All listening to Melf would have done is kept the night elves in Ashenvale, which both Garrosh and Sylvannas attacked, chopped down and plagued. Your argument proves or disproves nothing.

The victims are not to blame for being victims. The attacker is to blame for attacking.

2 Likes

You seem to be caught up in some emotional trip, so I will simply say - the instigating act is debatable.

Yes, Sylvanas said “Burn it” and it burned. You ignore how and why she got to the coast. You ignore Malfurion cautioned against its creation in the first place.

Here, you ignore the Alliance’s attack on the Warchief, which was on Saurfang’s mind when he conceded to her that the Horde must defend itself.

You seem to ignore Alliance attacks. The Night Elves are in the Alliance. They attacked. So yes, the attackers and instigators were Alliance.

That aside, my point stands.

Just because a poster feels in game actions are stupid or idiotic - that is not RP. It is a logical perspective to have. Especially when Malfurion outright said not to grow Teldrassil. It is an opinion borne from actual events.

I dont agree with you - but I dont dismiss you as RP. I understand you have a different opinion.

If the original poster was RPing I would agree. But he was expressing his opinion as a fan and poster.

1 Like

Are you sure you’re not a prot warrior? Because you deflect like a god.

3 Likes

You are right. I don’t think that you were rping. Then you would be an interesting and understandable as a position to have. Alynsa was being generous, the conclusion has to be then that you made a dumb argument and will back it up with out of context sightings, logical fallacies, and dodging questions.
The thing you’re doing to yourself? There’s a certain 'shire just south of Stormwind for people to do that for you if you need it that bad. Get over yourself.

1 Like

Malfurion’s warning had literally nothing to do with Sylvannas’s decision. Her decison, as stated by her in-game, is she believed the Alliance might strike, so she struck first. She never mentioned Malfurion.

My boy, I think you might be the one on an emotional trip here, with the level of delusion required to insert your favorite character into Sylvannas’s decision somehow.

Good day and good luck.

2 Likes