Sylvanas should remain warchief

Who knows what’s going to happen. But I don’t think theyre going to just turn this into Garrosh 2.0. I think Sylv has a part in a bigger play here

1 Like

Oh without a doubt, she isn’t getting killed off anytime soon, but we all know her position of Warchief is incredibly tenuous and isn’t exactly built to last very long. Especially when most of the Horde races’ leaders clash in moralities with her on the daily.

One who’s gone AWOL (Dourfang) and one who’s ideals are co!stantly at odds with hers’ (Baine). Then we got Lor’themar who doesnt have nearly as much respect for her currently as most people think he does, since she was once considered a great hero of Quel’thals, he only respects and honors her memory not necesarily the cruel and malevolent being she has become. Gallywix only cares for as long as she can keep paying him. Valtrois is comparing her to the legion and is becoming increasingly wary of her. Talanji is comparing her to Zul’s and his evil machinations.

If you expect her to remain Warchief, she better get right to it on convincing the faction leaders to stay on her side, cuz the only one that’s convinced atm is really only Gallywix who’s as loyal as his income.

2 Likes

Apparently they’re in-use in Darkshore.

Sylvanas straight up completely betrayed the Horde. That doesn’t go unpunished.

2 Likes

fixed it for ya

9 Likes

No, you didn’t.

2 Likes

Really? Is it a world quest or is there a specific zone they’re in, I gotta check that out. Cuz I know there’s also a quest in Drustvar during an invasion and when you click on the Orc bodies as Horde, they turn into botani men and it’s not at all explained why.

She’s definitely not getting off this expansion scott free, that I’m sure of. However, it does not mean death is the answer, I feel like just a simple lesson in humility would be enough to push her character in the right direction without the need to kill her off. That’s why I like the idea of exile. It gives her space to do what she wants and also grow as a character, and hopefully be pushed back into the role of a stoic anti-hero. I just really dislike the idea of killing her off, it only serves to satisfy the Alliance while the Horde ends the expansion with yet another bullet hole.

There, NOW it’s correct.

2 Likes

the problem is that I feel its already far too late for her to leave alive. In a story perspective.

Hey if Donald Trump can become president of the USA.

Gallywix 2019

Let’s make the Horde great again!

Sylvanas even encourages every race to join the Forsaken. Oh how I love her!

4 Likes

I just want her plot armor valkyr extinguished. I don’t care if she’s permanently dead or not. Executing her and then her reviving without the safety net of Valkyr would be adequate punishment, along with the complete and permanent removal from all forms of Horde command, including and especially the Forsaken.

IIRC it’s one of the actual battle’s events. it’s been a while since I read about it.

1 Like

Ok, so this guys idea is pretty much a snooze fest. and not going to happen… let’s move on.

Likely untrue

2 Likes

Based on the definition of ethnic, don’t see why not.

Not quite sure that’s the term you’re looking for.

That’s not how plot armor works.

3 Likes

And yet, that is exactly what they are.

1 Like

Not really. A Lich’s phylactery isn’t plot armor. Having to kill a demon in the nether isn’t plot armor. They’re established parts of the setting, not protection by dint of being a main character.

3 Likes

They were provided to her precisely because she is a beloved and adored main character.

1. That’s a huge reach to conclude. They’ve provided narrative uses elsewhere.
  2. Her only uses of them have been contrived deaths. They’ve been entirely unnecessary in that regard.

No it isn’t. She committed suicide and instantly got plot armor for years. They wouldn’t have written the suicide story and not given her plot armor if they didn’t intend for her death to be permanent.

Maybe. Interns did the lowbie quests for the forsaken in Cataclysm. Might be that one intern wanted to show off Sylvanas’s new power. Might be that Metzen wanted to. Either way it doesn’t matter because even after those contrived deaths she continued to have her plot armor angels.

1 Like

Sure it is. A character getting story development doesn’t equate to it being due to being ‘beloved and adored’.

Except still not being plot armor, given they are well established, logical aspects of the setting.

They could have just as easily not written her committing suicide.

Can you define what you think plot armor means? Because I think you’re just flagrantly throwing it out as ‘something I dislike’.

1 Like

Nice strawman. She got a suicide story to get official in game plot armor. That is because she was beloved and adored. Fans didn’t want her to die, Blizzard didn’t want her to die, so they had her toss herself off a cliff and get angels who will sacrifice themselves to “”“wow’s version of hell”"" because… they don’t want to be the Lich King’s slaves? Do you not see the incredible differences in magnitude in those two stations?

That question is rhetorical.

No, the idea that Valkyr could sacrifice themselves to bring you back was entirely new.

They created new lore to try to justify her plot armor, which may infact be why they killed her in Cataclysm.

That isn’t my point. They specifically wrote a story where she did. The result of which is plot armor that saved her from her poor decision and continued to save her from future poor decisions on her part and the parts of others.

Sure! No prob, bob, your ad hominem doesn’t throw off my point at all.

Plot armor is a common man’s term which refers to a character’s unusual ability to survive things that they otherwise couldn’t and shouldn’t be able to, because of Out of Character appeal to the author or fans that the author wants to ingratiate.

1 Like

No thanks. Even if Blizz insists that I should, I don’t play Horde to be a villain; and i certainly don’t want to play a villain so some Human Paladin can jack-off his Hero Power Fantasy more. Besides, one of the signature issues with the Horde in this narrative is that the writers didn’t put in the legwork to get the Horde in the position it needed to be strength-wise to actually do what you (or they) are asking of the Faction. The power-imbalance between the Horde/Alliance is terrible atm.

The Horde is far too weak to be a threat without the Alliance being Handicapped (and even here the writers could have done several things to help alleviate this issue on the Alliance side, but didn’t). Even if it weren’t true that Sylvanas has gone too far to earn a redemption arc (even if she believed she needed redemption, which she doesn’t) the fact remains that Horde is being forced to play the aggressor in a war we’re told we could never win without the Alliance having one hand tied behind its back. It sucks…

So, I respectively disagree OP. Sylvanas should not remain Warchief. I don’t want her to die (nor think she will), but she needs to go.

1 Like