Sylvanas, Retcons, and You

Did you know that you’re still wrong?

3 Likes
13 Likes

I mean its your word verse the lead writer, so unless you got some proof that he wasnt involved then nah

You are incorrect. There have been multiple writers who have written Sylvanas.

Yes. He has been involved personally. That does not mean “solely”. There have been multiple writers personally involved in writing Sylvanas. So you still do not refute the claim.

Right.

13 Likes

Evidence and facts are wasted on Kat, Cursewords. That’s why neither Vozul nor I was posting in any sort of serious fashion. The fact that she contradicted herself within the space of half a dozen posts or so is something she will remain blissfully unaware of, and won’t even acknowledge if brought to her attention.

6 Likes

Is English not your first language? I feel like you genuinely don’t understand most of what anyone is saying. I’m saying this because having arguments with you feels like racing against a dead puppy because you just…aren’t keeping up. I mean at least I can admit when I misread something and make an honest mistake. You’re allowed to do that, we will probably all respect you slightly more for it.

3 Likes

Editing this comment so I don’t get bonked by mods. Praise the Lord, and praise Blizzard. Amen.

/Tenchars

Do only white people speak English? I didn’t know you were a racist, Kat.

Edit: This reply is kinda hilarious out of context now that Kat deleted hers lol.

15 Likes

This is way better than going to bed and getting enough sleep for work.

10 Likes

David Kosak wrote Edge of Night
Steve Danuser wrote Dark Mirror

Two short stories involving Sylvanas as a major character. Clearly it is not just Alex who writes for Sylvanas

4 Likes

Well still have a quote that alex was personally involved with her story

You are using that quote to say that he is the ONLY writer that writes for Sylvanas.

With just 2 examples that argument got destroyed. Even if alex is involved in some way, David Kosak and Steve Danuser have both wrote for Sylvanas.

5 Likes

Vozul hurried merrily on ahead of Sylvanas, galloping on all fours as she often did. The Best Warchief chuckled, only having to give a few tugs on the orc’s leash to get her to slow her pace. “Now, now! Be nice, Vozul. I know you’re excited, but pulling my arm won’t get us to the park any faster!”

Vozul frowned, but quickly occupied herself with sniffing about the grass every ten paces, to allow Sylvester to catch up at her leisurely walking pace.

“Perhaps you should learn the value of patience, Champion,” Nathanos intoned haughtily from his dutiful place at Sylvanas’s side, keeping apace by her thigh. As opposed to Vozul’s fixed lead, his leash was one of those fancy, clicking, adjustable ones, but he was such a good boy he just stayed in perfect step with Sylvanas anyway, never straying far. Vozul needed a stronger hand for now, but Svyanas knew her favorite orc would get the hang of it soon enough.

“Shut up, Nathanos! I’m being good!” Vozul barked back, kicking up grass as she turned to face him. He growled in kind, but just before they could approach each other, a firm, steady pull on each of their leads brought their attention back to Warcief Sylvanas.

“Champions! No fighting.” She knelt in the grass, red eyes glimmering in the moonlight like so many vibrant rubies, and encouraged both Bozul and Nathanos to scoot close. “Nathanos, be nice to VOzul. She’s still learning. Vozul, don’t allow Nathanos’s words to rile you up. What did we say?” She tweaked one elegant, whiskerlike eyebrow, tickling Vozul’s nose until the orc giggled and relaxed.

“I’m only allowed to get mad at the Alliance.”

“Good girl. And look! We’re at the park already. Go have fun.” Sylvanas released Vozul from her collar. The orc immediately sprinted down the hill into the thick of the fighting in Stormwind Park, flinging herself wildly at a night elf as the pathetic purple menace begged for her life. The assault on Stormwind to punish the evil, cruel Alliance for all the crimes against the Horde was well under way. It was going great. A group of night elves and paladins glared at Sylvanas from across the battle. She put her middle finger up at them.

2 Likes

They wrote for her Short Stories from the looks of it too.

Christie Golden wrote for her Novels from the looks of things as well…

The ingame Writing seems to have been Afrasiabi since the original Curse of Naxxramas Patch in WoW… In otherwords he put in the Necklace of Alleria Quest ingame during BC as well as wrote every Quest she was involved in during WotLK, Cataclysm, Legion and BfA…

Metzen wrote for her WC3-WoW Characterization…

Since Afrasiabi has until now used the Novels and Short Stories made by other Writers to guide his writing Sylvanas has suffered from inconsistent writing!

She was an ‘ends justify the means’ woman. She was relentless, pragmatic, cold, calculating and never wore her heart on her sleeve, but she wasn’t tincan-on-head dumb and didn’t do anything if she couldn’t justify it in front of her peers. She was a spider. If her objective meant stepping on some fingers to climb to her objective, she’d do it.

Her objective didn’t involve the death of all things, though. Certainly not after all the things she did. She’d have shot herself at least several times in both feet to go about this really roundabout objective that doesn’t make any sense. Why would she get her own city invaded during the war with the enemy she hated the most; The Lich King? What ‘master stroke’ does that achieve, for starters?

There’s a lot more that doesn’t make sense,but that’s the very tip of the iceburg.

12 Likes

cause putress and vari where the fall guys? Why wouldnt she use her super plague on the lich king, its super plague, literally worked on everything else

Alright, Kat, I’ll humor you.

In a war against the Lich King- the thing that she hates BEYOND ANYTHING ELSE in the whole wide world- why would she, in her galaxy brain, sacrifice her best chance in killing him by willingly SHOOTING HERSELF in the foot by suddenly betraying the assets she needed to carry out the job? Surely, even with the threat of Danger Close, she’d warn the forces she depended on ahead of time, because she’ll have a use for them later, rather than killing them all, right there and then.

Who would expose themselves to both conflict against an enemy that multiplies like the Scourge on every person they kill, as well as the two greatest powers the world has ever seen?

Who could gain from such a thing, I wonder? Who would gain from chaos in a time where the world is fighting an enemy that can withstand the assault of every great power in the world and even repel them? Maybe, possibly, just a little, a actual Dreadlord, master of deception, who has been kept on a leash, named Varimathras…? Who else could twist Putress and his subordinates? It certainly couldn’t had been Anduin, while he was but a young teenager at that point.

If you even say ‘it’s the perfect crime, the perfect fall guy’, my brain will literally make the farting noise of a whoopiee cushion deflating and I’ll have nothing more to say to you.

11 Likes

What better chance than the plague literally made to kill him? She didnt know that he had to be defeated on the throne we dont find that out till later, and we know she planed to off herself. So if her plan worked, she would have killed the lich king and a bunch of alliance and horde, but then she would have killed herself, avoiding any consequences, she didnt care about the forsaken at all, so she would have just let the alliance and horde deal with the aftermath, all that mattered is the lich king was dead, but he didnt die…So what better thing to do than to blame it on the guy who made the plague and a demon that everyone wouldnt trust in the first place. If you remember the quest from back then, thrall himself says that he gets the feeling that sylvanas isn’t telling the truth but he decides to trust her.

Another thing about the wrathgate stuff, alot of people focus on sylvanas, but what about varimathras Dreadlords some of the most cunning demons in the buring legion and we know that vari is one of the most cunning ones, faking his brothers deaths and putting himself in a position of power in forsaken society, why would someone as cunning as him revolt like that, why would he play such a weak hand with small forsaken support knowing that the horde and alliance would both attack him, wouldnt it be better to betray them during a legion invasion? That would do more damage than wiping out one army each.

And you figure that if that one window of opportunity failed, she’d say ‘well, I had a good run, time to take a long walk off of a short cliff’? She had a long time to dwell on this grudge and how to carry it out. All or nothing in one shot, on odds that she could mitigate by simple communication with Marshals and Warlords in advance, sounds really unlike Sylvanas Windrunner, an actual trained General.

It should come to no surprise that Thrall distrusts Sylvanas. Everyone distrusts her and the Forsaken. The Tauren were their glue to the Horde by bringing them into the fold. That anyone had anything nice to say about the Forsaken at all is surprising, given how the Scourge had such a bad effect on the world and that the Forsaken were willing to embrace taboo powers in the name of survival.

Just because she didn’t see herself in a world with Arthas dead, doesn’t mean she had abandoned all hope and decided ‘y’know what? Let’s get sloppy and unstable about this.’.

Becaue Varimathras is a cunning creature- being spiteful as well would not surprise me. This’d be the perfect storm. He wants the forces of the world eradicated for the Legion and its infinite army. He has a large bulk of their forces at the Lich King’s gates, by using Putress and his cabal whilst representing the Forsaken he also knocks out them as a contender, beginning a vicious cycles in which they tear each other apart in retribution, making them prime pickings for the Legion’s eventual arrival.

I’m genuinely impressed that you can’t see the Wrathgate as a hasty, sloppy asspull to villanize Sylvanas further, so as to make her as unlikable as possible. I’m also surprised that you can nod your head and just accept what’s happening as completely on the rails and normal for the Warcraft story, despite it running in strong contradiction to everything that has been established for Sylvanas as a character and the Forsaken as a civilization in the setting.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you didn’t read anything that touched on Forsaken lore, it’s not your sort of thing and you aren’t the target demographic, but I would strongly encourage you to give them a read. They’re interesting to look into.

8 Likes