Sylvanas, Retcons, and You

/10characters

6 Likes

I’ve heard these discussions on the internet about ‘she’s going off the rails’, but is she? I’ve been writing Sylvanas personally since 2006, and this is pretty much – the Wrathgate and the Blight and the Forsaken – in character. Those were all under Sylvanas’ orders. What we’re seeing now is an escalation of the plans Sylvanas has, clearly, and we’re in the middle of that.

nothing wrong with that but people should be honest at least when they are pretending that she wasn’t because they didn’t wanted to believe it or just looked the other way when is convenient.

i do understand that what blizzard has sold was lies, especially in the BfA cinematic, that falls directly into false advertisement when she screamed “for the horde” maybe, that it was what people wanted, she was evil, but at the same time someone who you can root for and be proud of for defending your team.

“she is a evil b*** ? maybe, but at least is ours evil b***!”
that is something that i respect and sympathise.

i do also understand that her BfA characterization contradicts established lore when she apparently even lies to herself in her mind, in the novel that is just plain stupid.
like in silverpine when she apparently does care about the forsakens until her character was recently ruined when blizzard decided that she doesn’t care about anyone else but herself and calling them nothing.

i just don’t agree with the OP when he says that “she wasn’t always evil”.that is simply not true.

What she wasn’t is a little kid that gets triggered easily,going rabid and throwing away her masteplan in just 5 seconds.
Before BfA she was actually smart and not an apparent chessmaster that can predict the future and was planning it ever since she died but that also throwed her plan because she can’t control her emotions.

4 Likes

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

4 Likes

I mean if you say so, pellex said there was multiple writers, there wasnt, so his theory is flawed from the start, but keep being wrong if you like.

/juumojiwokakeru

10 Likes

So adult of you

You’ve proven more than once that trying to have a serious discussion with you is a complete waste of time and effort.

16 Likes

I have no idea what “it” you’re referencing from my prior post, so I’m just gonna respond with an excerpt from my latest Sylvozul fanfic. Lemme know what you think:

“Who’s a good Loyalist? Whoooo’s a good Loyalist?” Sylvanas gave the teaser a few jaunty tugs, watching the musclebound orc scramble across the floor of her throne room in persuit of the flightly little bundle of feathers and bells. She chuckled as Vozul slammed facefirst into a table at the edge of the room, plush bosom bouncing violently in the slim confines of her immaculate bodice. “Awwww, poor thing! Did you hurt yourself?”

Vozul rocked back onto her haunches, gripping her face. She turned and quickly shook her head, but Sylvanas, the Best Warchief, could see her favorite little minion managed to break her nose.

“Come here,” She chided gently, patting her knee. The orc woman leaned her chin against Sylvana’s lap and pouted pitifully up at her Warchef. To cheer her up, Sylvanas removed her chef’s hat and placed it delicately atop Vozul’s head. “Who’s my strongest little warrior?”

“Me,” Vozul murmured.

“Hmm, did I hear something? The wail of the damned, perhaps?” Sylvanas pretended to clean out her ear.

“Me!” Vozul more confidently shouted. She was silenced quickly with a treat, which she crunched down.

“Good girl. Now go get on your apple suit, your Queen feels like a bit of target practice.”

Remember to like the comment, rate the comment, and subscribe the comment for more comments in the future.

Hey, me too! You wanna compare fics? I’ve been working on a really good one. It’s an AU where Sylvanas is like the leader of the Scooby Doo gang, except if she was Fred and all the other characters were just different versions of Scooby. Be warned though it’s gonna contain a TON of character death, might be the darkest one I’ve written so far.

Thanks bby. That’s all I’ve ever wanted.

Hey, technically there was a point in which she wasn’t evil. I don’t agree with the notion that she was evil from the moment she gained free will from Arthas, but that’s not relevant to my first point, so you can believe that if you want.

Sylvanas has been written by Christie Golden, Alex, and Chris Metzen at minimum. I dare you to shift the goalposts of what you have just said here to say those other writers don’t count somehow. There have been multiple writers for Sylvanas. I double dog dare you to shift the goalposts on this one, Kat. Do it. Do it. Do it.

21 Likes

Says the person that just went “no” to my answer, lol

I’ve heard these discussions on the internet about ‘she’s going off the rails’, but is she? I’ve been writing Sylvanas personally since 2006, and this is pretty much – the Wrathgate and the Blight and the Forsaken – in character. Those were all under Sylvanas’ orders. What we’re seeing now is an escalation of the plans Sylvanas has, clearly, and we’re in the middle of that.

per·son·al·ly

/ˈpərs(ə)nəlē/
with the personal presence or action of the individual specified; in person.

Wait a minute, are you a writer for Sylvanas? Omg guys, Kat’s a writer for Sylvanas! So that brings the number up to 4 different writers, minimum, for Sylvanas.

10 Likes

Alex said it

And?

(tensylvanases)

1 Like

blizzardwatch com/2018/11/12/alex-afrasiabi-reveals-sylvanas-ordered-wrathgate/

Psssssssssst.

Hey.

Hey, Kat.

Sylvanas has existed before 2006 AND

Sylvanas has appeared in media besides just WoW.

hint, hint

7 Likes

just wc3 and vanilla ok pellex said more than that

Ohhhhh, okay, I gotcha. I was misreading your quote as you, Kat, saying it, not that you were quoting Alex.

You’re still wrong though lol. Alex was one of her writers, not the only one.

2 Likes

But guess what?

It makes the quote you keep pasting irrelevant, because

Sylvanas has had more than one writer

3 Likes

Do you know what personally means, alex is the creative director you know and has been on the story team since 2006