Sylvanas Boss Fight dungeon guide text **Spoilers**

Stage One : A Cycle of Hatred

“We have forgotten what makes us strong”

Players battle against Sylvanas atop Torghast while the Jailer remains elusive.

Intermission:

“You are unfit to wear this crown”

Upon reaching 80% health, Sylvanas chains all players with [Domination Chains] , then casts [Reve] Destroying the tower itself.

Stage Two: The Banshee Queen

“What are we if not slaves to this torment?”

Sylvanas enters [Banshee Form] taking to the skies to waylay players pursuit of the Jailer as he ascends. Thrall and Jaina lend their aid by casting [Call Earth] and [Channel Ice] respectively but must be kept from being interrupted.

Stage Three: The Freedom of Choice

“Nothing can stop what is to come.”

Sylvanas follows the traverse of the players greeting them for a final showdown between Death and inevitability in the Jailer’s Master Plan.

Sylvanas drops a mount called “Vengence” it’s a manifestation of the hatred she has for Arthas.

2 Likes

Funny how she personally shatters the Jailer’s prison while making her getaway. At least we know one of the things we will see when we beat the Sanctum of Domination Raid: the part of Torghast peaking out of the Clouds in the Maw utterly destroyed!

Since Players still will need to do Torghast Layers the parts of Torghast not visible will be spared to be sure.

What is the Jailer ascending for I wonder?

1 Like

That’s the question, it seems like he manages to release Death and Death is actually the third phase of the fight. it doesn’t say if Sylvanas is killed or not but this fight drops a mount [A cool looking dark bird thing that’s a manifestation of her hatred for Arthas it says it’s flavoe text, a trinket containing Nathanos’s soul (which has a combination rage and simp (you sacrifice your own health to heal an ally) and her bow which has no model yet, just a filler.

1 Like

I’m honestly kind of sad we don’t fight Nathanos again. I wanted to be able to put him down for good. Pity.

Well Nathanos could be a NPC we fight in the raid, like how Overlord Runthak was in the Siege of Orgrimmar.

1 Like

Good point!

Hope remains for me then.

1 Like

That’s kinda dumb. How does she go from viewing him as insignificant and pity to having hatred so strong that it manifests as a mount?

9 Likes

Maybe what she and the Jailer did to Anduin, triggered a old memory?

I was wrong about the trinket containing Nathanos’s soul. It actually contains SAURFANG’S soul and that’s arguably more dimensional and loaded.

At least he’s not in the Maw…and players who loved him can now have a piece of him forever. It’s poetic.

4 Likes

Is it really true that his soul is a trinket? Idk, I find that extremely disappointing. Quite frankly I don’t even know what I would have preferred, him never being mentioned again, or… this.

9 Likes

Because it implies that he’s already gone through the manufacturing process of the Maw, and that his soul can’t really be saved? That thematically the one who argued that the Horde had worth, was utterly destroyed by the one who argued it had none. Well, I suppose it does reinforce that the latter option is most likely Blizz’s stance on the Red Faction if nothing else. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

The trinket is labeled “Old Soldier” and contains an image of an orc so it’s fair to speculate it is in fact Saurfang’s soul.

But keep in mind, as long as a soul is in tact it can be saved. If the alternative was his soul was destroyed or tortured in the Maw, this at the very least saves him from Annihilation.

womp womp :V

the lack of Nathanos makes me think the Tarragrue will be revealed to be Nathanos tbh

6 Likes

Yeeeh, I don’t know. All it tells me is that his sould will end up getting sold to the mammoth vendor for 30g and never spoken of again.

Now that I think about it, I guess I would prefer him just never being mentioned after BfA.

8 Likes

Yeah, I know you are saying.

On the one hand, it makes sense that Saurfang’s soul would be a best in slot trinket for Warriors.

On the other hand, LUL, wtf Blizz? Nobody tell Zappy Boi.

4 Likes

By serving the guy who created the Lich king and fighting alongside Kel’thuzad

10/10 brain

22 Likes

3 Likes

Well, it seems like in order to torture someone in the Maw you have to extract thier most traumatic experiences to torture them.

It’s a nod back to EoN when she was being tortured in the Maw by this manifestation of her experience with Arthas.

1 Like

Its a death themed Dragonhawk. I mean, thematically it makes sense and its a nice skin for that model.

4 Likes