Swamp of Sorrows (Oceanic) We do not want transfers off our server

Please do not open transfer off our server and intentionally kill our server population.

Allow the following transfers to our server instead to encourage a centralised oceanic population.

Lionheart PVE OCE > Swamp of Sorrows OCE PVP

Jom > Swamp of Sorrows (For the oceanic players stuck on there who want to come back)

Encourage oceanic players to go back to oceanic servers for 1 centralised OCE server we have the population but it has been fragmented between 2 oceanic servers and various people on NA server because they though our server was going to die which it didn’t

Thanks

25 Likes

I agree 100% opening transfers off a low population server to the highest population server makes no sense especially for a separate region.

You should be encouraging players to play on oceanic servers and helping centralize the Oceanic population.

Hard no to opening transfers off our server

7 Likes

I do not want these transfers to occur from Swamp of Sorrows to Jom Gabbar.
Let the voices of actual players be heard.

9 Likes

Correct. This will be such a huge blow to our server if anyone can go from SOS straight to Jom. The idea of opening up server transfers is to encourage overpopulated to leave, not increase an overpopulated server to breaking point.

7 Likes

We?

You got a mouse in your pocket, friend?

:rat:

3 Likes

I also agree with this post. We have 4 MC clearing guilds currently and two of them are clearing mc very quickly. If server transfers open it would kill the OCE community completely.

5 Likes

You guys are eating paint chips if you think high pop people are going to your dead server

4 Likes

Dont kill our only pvp oceanic server, its nice here and we have cake and juice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If they centralize oceanic population to SoS i can almost guarantee you that there will be oceanic players who will look to return for various reasons

4 Likes

This isn’t exactly the main point, but it would be terrific honestly. The bigger issue is making it easier for people to transfer off a dying server that already gets things done currently.

4 Likes

I can see the reasoning behind transferring from a US based server to another one for the sake of consolidation, but letting oceanic players move to Jom is an absurd idea that will split up the oceanic community.

First of all, this move will further reduce the population on SoS. Secondly, new oceanic players who has not done their due diligence will roll on SoS which exacerbates the split oceanic community issue, then the cycle continues with these players wanting a transfer to join the larger oceanic crowd on Jom if that happens.

The best case scenario would be to merge Lionheart with SoS, allow transfer from Jom to SoS (to allow the oceanic players back in) and we should be able to sustain a healthy population.

9 Likes

I strongly agree with this, the community at large, I speak only for Alliance side here, was expecting transfers to SoS, returning Oceanic players from Jom and those from Lionheart.

Season of mastery has led to many changes and I don’t see a reason why there’s insistence on maintaining the status quo of no transfers from PvE to PvP, especially for bespoke situations such as this.

Blizzard should not be conveying to Oceanic players that for future Seasons we will have to be playing on US realms, let’s not go back in time here.

7 Likes

I don’t think you understand… Jom players aren’t leaving jom

1 Like

yeah I’m sure the 12 people left on your server enjoy playing in an empty sandbox. All servers should be merged to Jom. No PvE server. Just one server.

2 Likes

I don’t think you have thought through your argument, let me demystify your fallacy.

Oceanic players at large wants 2 things, acceptable latency and a healthy server/economy.

The first point can be achieved by simply playing on an oceanic server, the latter can be achieve by, well, simply having more players. By simply encouraging players to be back on SoS, you will have a cascading effect of players following suit. I am not sure if I need to elaborate on this point but you can see how it works in the ecosystem.

Of course, if you meant the average US based Jom player, then I think my entire post has gone over your head.

6 Likes

Upvote for the post. A stupid decision by Blizzard, yet again.

If you want to play on Jom, do so. But people who are established on oce don’t want to join a realm hosted in the US.

How arrogant to suggest all the realms should be merged onto Jom. We’re happy here in oce, don’t ruin our little server. We like it here.

5 Likes

so much copium in this thread, swamp has been dead for ages. About time this happened.

Alliance are happy* Horde want off the server.

1 Like

I am horde in SoM you intellectual minnow.

3 Likes

If Blizzard decides to enable transfers off of the Swamp, the Oceanic community will be torn apart.

3 Likes