[Oceanic Region] - Stop intentionally killing our region (Shadowstrike AU)

In season of mastery we had Swamp of Sorrows AU and you guys thought it would be a genius idea to open free transfers and you killed our server within 2 weeks.

We’ve continually asked you to stop splitting our playerbase and to give us 1 oceanic server yet you continue to provide 2 which causes more issues.

Give us 1 oceanic mega server do not allow OCE players to go to NA realms and stop killing our region we don’t want to play on NA we never have and we don’t want to be playing on 200+ ms.

There are only 2 real solutions here

1.You merge penance into shadowstrike
2.You merge both penance and shadowstrike into 1 oceanic pvp server

For reference the last time you did this and i said it was going to kill our server

7 Likes

If they allow oceanic players to create oceanic instance servers on the new US megaserver, there would be no issue.

This could be done by giving the party/raid leader a toggle option to select between US and Oce instance servers.

1 Like

Yeah, agreed. The new mega server news isnt great if you’re an OCE player.

And I reaally dont want to go and play with american ping.

Or they leave OCE as is and if they are really adament on combining populations just allow crossrealm groups so people can still join groups on either OCE/NA

1 NA Mega Server
1 OCE Mega Server

Both have there own servers and then the option to seed AU or NA depending on the groups needs.

Problem solved OCE keeps there low ping in world and in raids/instances if they want but also have the option to play with NA players on higher ping if they want.

There’s no reason this cannot be done as this is exactly how BG’s work currently we can seed OCE servers with NA players on them so all of the technical capability is there.

NA gets more population from OCE players for various things win win for everyone.

Killing the entire Oceanic region isn’t a good solution whatsoever and is a slap in the face to all oceanic players and nobody should support that.

3 Likes

Elron has like 50 alts at least he’s trying to fix the population.

1 Like

If they just gave us 1 oceanic server there wouldn’t be any issues.

They also have numerous options to make things viable without killing our server.

Hopefully they learn from there past mistakes with swamp of sorrows.

1 Like

the easiest solution to this is to LINK all the SOD realms together. this means,

• The Auction House is shared between your realm and the realms connected to it
  • You can join a guild created on the realm connected to yours
  • You can trade and exchange mail with players on the realm connected to yours
  • You can party for dungeons and raids with players on the realm connected to yours
  • There wont be name issues as players with same name will be name - realm

Raids would be hosted at the raid leaders GEOGRAPHICAL location, this way there’s no performance penalty for raids due to latency.

Mega server seems like it will only make lower pop server worse and the already existing US and EU servers that have 10k plus player base will be no change.

Linking the realms would be the smartest play here, with zero player disruption.

2 Likes

Nah.

Seperate servers for OCE / NA so world is still OCE ping.

If they want higher pop then let them crossrealm join groups and have seeded instances for both.

Anything that results in oceanic having to be forced to play on 200+ ping = unacceptable unless its completely voluntary.

1 Like

How ill this work with the forced balance considering penance is about 80% alliance? no more horde can be made for the rest of SoD lol?
Also shadowstrike + Penance is smaller then the smallest US server and thats before you account for people just quitting
A decent number of people from Penenace have already quit for Wild Growth over the phases

Remove forced balancing / unlock the faction.

Oceanic has always been smaller than NA you knew this when you opted to play on an oceanic realm nothings changed since the day you chose to play here.

There should never of been 2 servers there should of been 1 pvp server that’s it.

If people on penance have already quit for wildgrowth the servers already dead no need to open transfers to NA then because people who wanted to play there have already gone.

The goal should be to protect the oceanic region and stabilize its population not do things that destroy it.

1 Like

Its 160ms from Vic on Wildgrowth its been fine and the pop has been x100 better.

2 Likes

Good for you that’s got nothing to do with oceanic.

If people want to play NA go play there i don’t have an issue with that my issue is people who rolled toons on oceanic then later wanna open xfers to na and completely gut oceanic servers shouldn’t be a thing.

There’s a easy solution that i’ve mentioned in previous comments and it really is the only solution.

You see, the problem is that you could make one oceanic server and it still won’t be mega anything.

come to think of it they could just Enable Cross Realm Grouping/Raiding/RDF into SOD that would fix everything for Dead server this dead server that for both alliance and horde without needing to say hey we are making 2 servers either join or quit oh btw enjoy the Lag cause OCE doesn’t matter compared to US
but then agian it only took them 10 years to give OCE there Own Servers

1 Like

I am well aware of the size of my own region and i chose to play here regardless so i don’t really care about NA pop if i did i would of chosen to play there instead.

If the majority of players don’t want to transfer they won’t and there will be no issue. The only reason to oppose this voluntary merger if is you believe most players do want to transfer and will, but you want to hold them hostage.

1 Like

how about hell no

48 parser as shadow

Ping is doing wonders for you

1 Like

Opening up transfers from regions which are already small forcing the entire oceanic region onto NA ping is a bandaid fix.

You “Chose” to make a character on oceanic realm now you want to go to NA and think everyone else should be inevitably forced to because of you that is ridiculous.

All they need to do as i’ve said previously is allow crossrealm and have instance based seeded servers which are already in the game in bg’s.

This allows more players to play together solves any population issues for groups etc but also allows both regions to continue playing on low latency in world.

That is the only real solution for this.

In future they should also not have 2 oceanic servers should always be 1 and they need to merge penance into shadowstrike.

1 Like

I for one am happy that the gdkp ban is still up and running.

1 Like