Suspiciously Bad Asset Pop-In? Unplayable FPS Issues?

Uhhhhmmmm. Can’t put my finger on it but, REALLY SEEMS LIKE… there is extremely bad asset pop in rn for actors and objects, which ofc have no correlating graphics settings in your ridiculously downgraded graphics settings menu options. What the hell did you do, Blizzard?

Anyone else getting suspiciously bad asset pop in??

Lag is also terrible. I’m in barrens. It’s empty as hell. And I’m lagging all over the place. I have very good PC specs. Before today, I pretty much had NO lag whatsoever on max gpu settings, like. Ever. What the hell is going on here??

Like, forget the horrible UI and talent “revamp” for a second, this game feels almost unplayable right now. I was lagging even on low settings… something not right here.

21 Likes

This sounds to me like data corruption issues. Something may have gone awry during the upgrade process on your machine.

It’s also possible there’s an addon that’s erroring out and causing your game to lag but that shouldn’t cause pop-in.

What did you expect from an entirely new dev team that has no idea how WoW really works?

8 Likes

How would I fix that? Reinstall?? Looool…

Yeah like, npcs/enemies aren’t popping in until I’m like right in front of them seems like. this is insane.

Yeah I feel like I should make a video to show everyone how bad this is. NPCS and boxes, barrels, fences, crap like that not rendering until I’m right on top of it

1 Like

The repair function in the battle.net client might do the trick but the only surefire way to fix data issues is a reinstall.

Having the same issue. Spent over an hour tying to adjust just about everything and still nothing is helping.

Particle Density is always bringing my 1080 TI to its knees, so I always have to bump it down, because they moved the setting again. They seem to do this every pre-patch. I can remember going through something like this when SL came out.

3 Likes

Yup, imagine using a goblin glider and thinking you are landing in a clear area, only to touch down, and find out you landed in a hornets nest of bad guys.

2 Likes

LMFAO omfg thank you, seriously going nuts here.

How tf is this even allowed to ship? Clearly they have no QA team. And something tells me it’s gonna be like this the entire expansion. Maybe the next 15 years for all I know…

I love how everyone is coming up with ridiculous reasons to unsub and uninstall, but literally I’m just appalled at the graphics downgrade right now.

Like how tf could they think this was ok???

Dragonflight: The expansion that broke itself.

Dude I’m literally not even flying and I literally just WALKED into a giraffe. I do not ever remember this game having npc/actor render issues this bad.

SL was fine for me. I never had this issue. This is just like… completely unacceptable. To the point I want my money back.

5 Likes

It’s not just you. There’s a huge post about it in tech support.

They screwed something up bad. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

4 Likes

This WAS reported to them on the PTR by myself and others… But they never listen…

4 Likes

Ya, it’s not as bad as playing from a HDD compared to SSD, But the same type of things you’d see with a HDD started happening a couple of weeks ago and got worse today.

4 Likes

I think it’s really funny that so many people are freaking out over the new UI look while it looks like a bunch of us are taking a huge performance hit from the patch which is just talent trees, new race + class combos, and a new UI. I don’t think that spells well for DF performance-wise on release.

3 Likes

looks at my screen with everything on ultra

Works fine for me. I say they did ok.

2 Likes

Its hard to guage. Are you playing with outdated addons enabled? As addons only effect interface, there’s a very large probability that playing with outdated addons is causing massive error in what is an update focused on interface

…which was released at 9pm PDT, where people have gone to bed, etc. The addon developers, who do this in their spare time, have likely not had a chance to have a whirl at updating their things

1 Like

I’m not using any addons but I must admit I’m playing on an outdated PC, still performance had degraded for me considerably.

2 Likes

I haven’t had the problems with things loading but it does seem like with this patch that it’s making my graphics card work overtime. The fans start going crazy. No graphics settings are changed from where I had it either.

2 Likes

I was finding I was getting better performance today, at least fps wise, outside of a few hiccups.

There is a little hang up occasionally, but I think that’s because I’m trying out that option where it tries to keep your frames above X and will fuss around with the graphics to keep you there.

I may toggle that off if I keep noticing it more than I would the frame drops.

1 Like

micro stutters and fps spikes for me

7 Likes

LOL. What a laugh. Are you a rare semi-blind player? If so, why even bump it to ultra? Well ok, let’s say you have 20/20 vision, and you’re telling the truth. You’re not the first person I’ve heard say it works fine. Before I continue, i sure hope you’re not saying this while you sit in stormwind doing nothing but talking in trade about how bad talents and UI is. Ok, moving on.

I have found 20+ people so far having the same exact issue as me. I have found 10+ people saying they do not.

I have disabled all old addons. Problems persist. I have completey removed and uninstalled all old addons, problem persists. I have scanned game for corrupt files. Bnet launcher has informed me it has found none. Problems persist. I have reinstalled game. Problems persist. I have lowered settings to bare minimum. Problems get worse maybe? I’ve tried medium settings. Problems are same.

Ive played on max/ultra settings for years, even pre SL. NEEEEVER had this problem whatsoever. I have never even had lag in my game with my specs. I have very good pc specs. Theyre not perfect, like I didnt battle crypto miners tooth and nail to drop 15hundred on a gpu last year but, for wow they are very good. But my gpu is an nvidia rtx 3060. My other hardware specs should be more than enough to run this game and sorry nothing drastic enough should have happened to wow with dragonflight to warrant this issue. I can run other games at max settings too without any hiccups. So far, only thing I can maybe say is that it’s happening to some of us and as far as I can tell, those people people not having a problem do not have nvidia.

I can also definitely tell you WHEN the issues are occuring. The problems seem to correspond to the stutters. So, I have noticed that every time an npc/enemy actor or object like fences, bushes, boxes, barrels, fires, fire sources, rocks, and sometimes trees jarringly pops in to the game like Ive never seen it, my game lags out and I stutter until it’s been fully rendered. Flying is impossible now. I wish I could say running on foot was better but, it doesn’t seem to be a memory issue as, they aren’t showing up until I’m right on them with running either. This screams to me that it’s a blizzard side issue.

So now, this isn’t an old addon problem. And this isn’t an issue where we’re not telling the truth. This is definitely an issue for some of us. And as someone who particularly loves wow for not having dreadful asset pop in on the scale of SWTOR, this is just mind blowingly worthy of uninstalling and potentially unsubbing if blizzard does not release a patch that fixes this garbage.

And no, I’m not waiting for any addon devs to wake up cause I don’t need to. All addons are uninstalled. I do however clearly require blizzard to wake tf up and realize they dropped the ball on this crap and fix my game or I’m doing both of the above. Not that they care. They didn’t even care enough to listen to people in ptr about this, judging from one of the posters in this thread.

Pure garbage. Blizzards new philosophy LOOKIN GOOD.

3 Likes

This type of thing happens to me every time a new xpac prepatch releases, since Legion. I built a new PC for Legion because stuttering and fps drops became intolerable with the Legion prepatch, where I hadn’t experienced issues before. With the new PC, I was still only able to run with graphics at level 8 I think, but it was smoother than the old PC.

When BFA prepatch hit, same deal: back to stuttering and fps drops in places that were fine before the prepatch, and I had to tweak settings down to 7-ish to smooth things out.

Come SL prepatch, same deal again with the stuttering and fps drops in places that were fine before the prepatch, and I had to tweak settings down to 6-ish to smooth things out.

I built a new PC just two months ago, and could crank the graphics up to 8. Hooray! Except now, here we go again at the prepatch for DF: stuttering and fps drops and I’ll probably have to adjust the settings downward yet again.

And this isn’t even in new areas that I experience these issues, it’s in older areas that were fine before the patch. It happens every single time. I don’t know what Blizzard does, but it’s beyond frustrating.

Edit: and the PCs I build are not toasters, okay? This most recent one is an i7-12700k, overclocked to 4.7GHz, with a 3070ti and plenty of RAM. It’s mind boggling that a PC like this isn’t able to run WoW smoothly.

1 Like