Why Are My Graphics Settings No Longer Optimal?

Before the Patch…Im smooth…Im fine, no issues. Now, Im lagging all over the place! Im having to adjust my graphics settings EVEN LOWER than theyve ever been. Ive been running the same settings for years now and now, my AMD RYZEN 3600X with 16GB DDR RAM and my GTX 1080, are having issues. Why?

Uhh cause the game requires more now. It’s the reality of having static hardware and ever changing firmware/software. Eventually it will no longer be sufficient enough to use.

Also unless you are using like ddr5 (I am free to be corrected on this part), you might wanna upgrade to 32 gb (especially if ddr4).

People are experiencing stutter issues that are unrelated to graphical settings, which may be what you are experiencing. If so this is regardless of hardware and in game settings.

Unfortunate, but basically either deal with it or wait until they fix it.

1 Like

There’s an issue with some caching tech they put in that’s broken. Try running this console command:

/console SET GxAllowCachelessShaderMode “0”

2 Likes

Me I noticed the graphics looked better when 10.0 released. I did get lag sometimes, and one time it even crashed my game. But after today’s maintenance it’s back to the old blurry textures.

I’m getting a little bit of a stutter in crowded areas, but my FPS is still the dame as it was before the patch.

2 Likes

Really odd.
Im running a pieceofcrap slightly overclocked GT1030 for god sake and my FPS are 75 on the low end all over the game world and upwards of 180+ in naked areas. granted my settings are lower than most. But its all about the same as its always been.
Ive seen a twitch here and there, but thats about it

KK Ill give it a go

I’ll just link my reply to another thread here:

I don’t know what Blizzard does every prepatch for a new xpac, but I have to lower my graphics settings every time to get the same performance that I had before the prepatch.

Try the console command I linked. See if it helps.

This has been a major issue since the prepatch dropped. There’s a huge thread on the tech support forums about it.

Hopefully we’ll get a fix soon.

This is part of the “known issues” blizzard posted about. They’re looking into it.

No help. Thanks though!