Suspensions going out for cache abuse

There’s other Exploits going around right now, much bigger ones. Wait for more info.

Kinda a big deal to suspend people for something they didn’t know was wrong or exploiting, a bug that is Blizzard’s fault, not the player.

I came close to getting those caches, but I couldn’t be bothered getting the fragments or whatever is needed to unlock it. Thank goodness laziness got in the way, because I would have been one of them over something that is Blizzard’s fault.

2 Likes

According to people in this thread, only a certain number of chests are supposed to be looted in a week. I’m assuming actual exploiters are doing something like abusing cross-realm with group finder or something to so they can open hundreds of chests.

While I’m skeptical that people who opened a few chests are getting wrongfully banned, it is possible that there might be a real exploit related to these chests since they do give a lucrative 250 visions each.

4 Likes

They probably have an average number of how much currency players can get every day (if the game worked correctly) and any outliers get autobanned

How was someone to know it was limited? You play the game like normal and you got 2 or 3 keys and you unknowingly open more then allowed then you get banned for ignorance?

2 Likes

Interesting, thanks for sharing this information!

After a while the keys stopped dropping which would usually indicate you’ve reached your limit. But apparently you went over the limit at that point

Still doesn’t tell me it was limited.

“We made this item drop more than it should, better ban anyone that picks up too many instead of just fixing the spawn rate” :clown_face:

10 Likes

Can confirm three of my raiders got banned - they were running the old Skyshard farming route and noticed the drops so decided to farm it for awhile - opened 3 caches and got 3 days

3 Likes

There’s something else going on. They probably got caught up in the crossfire.

It would have taken them 10 seconds to post up a message saying “Hey, the caches are bugged. Working on a fix. Don’t loot more than one.” But no, they would rather handle it in the worst possible way.

5 Likes

They have a terrible history of explaining something, and actually doing something t hat works well - so I doubt many knew how many they could do if the content released is bug-riddled.

Classic Blizz lol

There was supposed to be a limit on those things? How were we to know that? I’ve opened I think 4 of them. The fragments drop while I’m doing the dailies, so???

5 Likes

I’ve read through the posts. I am so confused…

Am I the only one that thinks if the game allows you to do something, it shouldn’t be consider an exploit.

14 Likes

If I’ve only just now got six fragments, and made one key for Uldum and one for Pandaria:

Is it OK for me to use them?

I’d really rather not be suspended.

1 Like

I agree that it should be better communicated if the keys are limited.

What I’m assuming is happening is that there are actual exploiters who were using an actual exploit to farm hundreds of thousands of keys. Then Blizzard starting banning people, and some players are mistakenly getting caught in this ban wave.

That is IF people really are getting banned for opening chests. I have not seen any proof of this so far.

1 Like

There’s an actual exploit that just got fixed about an hour ago involving infinite memento farming, chances are guys got false flagged for it.

Not a big deal as in not suspension worthy

2 Likes