Suspensions going out for cache abuse

that was advice.

one need only view your post count and content to verify it. you troll GD.

1 Like

You don’t know either. Blizzard knows what caused it - knows that it was their mistake. Until we hear from anyone who knows someone who wasn’t unbanned and was given a different reason for the suspension, you’re relying on Blizzard’s lawyer speak.

2 Likes

people know damn well when they are doing something that shouldn’t be happening, they just like to act dumb after the fact.

I was sitting in a discord with someone who on the first night was saying “oh this has to be a bug or something, i can keep getting these all night”

i tell him “don’t do it, they will come down on everyone who uses it”

today “WHY AM I BANNED I DIDNT DO ANYTHING!”

1 Like

Wow you now know what I know? Again you are wrong.

Was he unbanned?

He may have said it felt like a bug, but don’t assume that the majority felt that way. When there’s no indication that something is fudgy, and when it’s new content that was supposed to be extensively tested, the normal assumption is that it works fine.

Only blatant bugs like disappearing objectives and the inability to progress are easily determined.

2 Likes

I’ve asked both you and Nobully how someone could knowingly exploit something there’s no indication is not working correctly. Neither of you have answered. Clearly, you don’t know anything.

I think this conversation is going nowhere, as you refuse to admit you were wrong and refuse to apologize to people you accused of wrongdoing.

2 Likes

I’ll take things that never happened for $1000 Alex.

1 Like

Learn to search the internet. I mean really…

2 Likes

Expect this to be the norm in Shadowlands. Blizzard cut the WoW staff to the bone, they’ll barely be able to finish it enough to launch it, and when it does launch they’ll still be working through a huge pile of bugs, typos, and unimplemented features. WoW will go full SoE before the end of 2021 unless something drastic changes at Actiblizz (like a mass firing of business toolbags and a hiring of actual game developers).

2 Likes

some were.

sure.
…i’m sorry if i hurt peoples feelings.

i’m sorry if people don’t like the way things need to be dealt with.

…but after the last few batches of exploits, the reaction from blizzard seems reasonable.

People come to the forum screaming when players gain an unfair advantage.
The PLAYERS are the ones who were vocal about nipping things in the bud.
…and now those same players suddenly have a problem with the method which was used.

it’s a lose/lose situation.

3 Likes

i’m not about to post information regarding exploits.

not sure why you think that would be a good idea.

2 Likes

No one is mad at Blizzard about this, they were unbanned. People are mad that you were so quick to paint them as guilty, and double down on being right about them being guilty even after they were unbanned.

All you had to do was just admit you were wrong and apologize. Some dude even already did that in this thread already after the situation was explained to him more.

2 Likes

victim blaming syndrome is a thing. its when people cant fathom that the world they live in may be unfair for someone other than themselves and their mind automatically doubts the information presented.

6 Likes

You most definitely have the crazy part right. Their argument is…

What would YOU do if a GM told you this? Use your FUTURE FORESIGHT to tell the game master he was wrong?

You want to argue for the sake of arguing. Stop trolling

4 Likes

how did i double down on people being guilty, when i went out of my way to state that there is always a chance that innocent people can get caught up in these things?

it’s literally the reason why the appeals process exists.

i wasn’t wrong.
people were exploiting.
it was even clarified for everyone to see.
…stop pretending it didn’t happen.

meanwhile, it’s all over, and people still want to be outraged.

This post didnt age well and its still fairly new.

4 Likes

Thank god you’re not a lawyer

Nowhere does it say in the blue post that some suspensions were removed.

They assumed people were exploiting, when literally NO ONE had any idea how these chest worked or keys were suppose to stop dropping

3 Likes

Why don’t you just take the time to explain how the chests actually work? There is a lot of confusion. From outward appearances, it’s a very simple system where you fly around the zone and notice there are small chests and large chests. The large chests require 6 fragments to open. So we find 6 fragments and we open it. We find six more fragments and open another box. Find 6 more fragments and open another, and so on …

So, what part of that simple equation could have been misunderstood as exploitative behavior? Was there a glitch that kept spawning the same chest over and over again, in which the player didn’t have collect 6 more fragments to open again? Because outside of that, there is literally nothing to say that we shouldn’t be able to open chests as we keep finding fragments. I mean, that’s literally working as intended, unless I’m missing something?

4 Likes

People were farming, that’s not an exploit otherwise we’d have a ton of people banned for farming the hyena mount or farming scrap.

2 Likes

This is getting nuts.

The only thing the blue post stated was this;

• X happened. X shouldn’t have happened. We looked into ways X could happen.
  • Our findings initially suggested that Y needed to happen in order for X to happen. Y is an obvious exploit, therefore we banned everyone who benefited from X because we believed them to have done Y.
  • We were mistaken. X could also be triggered by Z. Z is not an exploit, Z is just casual gameplay. Therefore, we unbanned everyone who benefited from X.

They made no statements on how many players did Y or Z. They simply said X could happen without any malicious wrongdoing, and so they retracted their bans.

Using this information to point fingers at other players, accuse them of wrongdoing, and then double-down on the justifications for these allegations is childish and irresponsible. We don’t know anything about the specifics of what populations of players may or may not have done something wrong, and we can’t pretend that we do. The right thing to do in this situation is to just drop it and move on. Name-calling won’t get anyone anywhere.

6 Likes