Suspensions going out for cache abuse

THIS is why we don’t get more interaction with Blizzard. I have read dozens of posts where folks were frothing at the mouth mad at Blizzard for NOT taking action against exploiters. Now that they have done so and included a few who didn’t until they sorted things out, you folks are frothing at the mouth mad at Blizzard for DOING something.

And you disingenuous folks pretend like your understanding is absolute.

There were SOME people who were aware of what they were doing and were exploiting(you don’t know that everyone was not aware, you just know that most were not)

There were SOME folks who were innocent and now they had their suspensions lifted.

There is no middle ground with some of you. You are overly antagonistic towards ANYTHING Blizzard does and scour the forums looking for any and every opportunity to attack Blizzard.

The question is, if you are that hate filled towards them why are you still a subscriber? Why are you on the forums? I would much rather be doing something I ACTUALLY LIKE than being miserable on Battlenet.

2 Likes

I’m not sure that it was.

My understanding was that people were farming mobs to create the item to open the chests. And yet the blue post here says:

This I don’t understand. Is it the farming that is an exploit, the using the item to open the chest, or somehow making the chest respawn? Because if its the latter then surely that’s (a) a bug and (b) something that the players would have been inadvertenly doing. How can we tell how rapidly those chests should respawn? How can we tell if our opening a chest somehow causes it to respawn faster? I mean, I could take my single item there now and open a chest and it could respawn immediately and, using that theory, I’d be guilty of an exploit. By simply doing what is allowed (ie having one item and using it and not gathering any more).

As I say, I’m confused.

2 Likes

Here’s how you exploit the chests. You farmed 6 pieces, you opened the box. Repeat because the box is obviously still there. Such a massive exploit wow…

5 Likes

Right, you totally weren’t wrong when you said this:

Here let me help you out:

“Hello, my name is Nobully (name does not match my attitude tho), and I was wrong to be suspicious about the players in this thread, I’m sorry I accused you of exploiting and I’m glad you were rightfully unbanned.”

Bam, done.

7 Likes

They did NOT say they retracted ALL the suspensions. You are acting like absolutely nothing was done wrong by any player when the key word is SOME. Ya’ll can’t just accept that and want ALL the blame to go to Blizzard.

2 Likes

I’d take from this statement that we don’t need to worry about it anymore anyway. The chests were hotfixed anyway, so you won’t be able to trigger them multiple times going forward.

1 Like

Except Blizzard fully admitted they made the mistake when banning players before they understood the full extent of the issue. We’re upset with Blizzard for allowing the bug to make it this long and for their knee jerk reaction.

Notice how after the blue post and innocent people were being unbanned, pretty much no one is attacking Blizzard. Most people have been fairly civil with them. The only hostility was towards the two posters that continued to refuse that they were wrong.

3 Likes

My comment was more on the original issue. If it has been fixed, then thats fine (if somewhat late to the party). I just have trouble figuring out why it happened and what the actual ‘misdeed’ was.

Here’s the bottom line though. Literally to trigger the exploit you just played the game. That’s it. There’s no hoops to go through like other currently known exploits. You simply play the game and you triggered it already.

3 Likes

soo its all good ? Oo hi all of you ppl :smiley:

When they say that they’ve “retracted the suspensions that were issued for repeatedly looting the Black Empire Coffer,” then yes, I take that to mean they retracted all the suspensions. They didn’t say they only retracted some, they said they retracted THE suspensions. Why shouldn’t I assume that would be all-inclusive?

And I’m not raring to point fingers at Blizzard. Mistakes happen. But why on earth are people pointing fingers at other members of the community without evidence? The hell is this? This isn’t how we should be behaving.

4 Likes

I noticed the keys for the chests stopped dropping today. I opened 2 of them before they stopped dropping. But why would they ban people for playing their game? Farming keys to open more chests how would players even know Blizzard didn’t want them to open more then 1 a week or whatever.

Impossible to know for sure, as the blue post doesn’t go into specifics. But members of the community are at least claiming that they were able to generate new caches just through mob farming, which, if true, seems to fit under the category of “innocuous gameplay” that the blue mentions.

Freaking seriously, thank you. It’s like the freaking Salem witch trials up in here.

You do realize there is a blue post on this very thread proving you wrong about this right?

3 Likes

He’s still tapdancing to avoid admitting he was wrong.

4 Likes

PTR is used by some people to try and get an advantage over others. That is the only point it has ever served and this high and mighty stuff from some raiders recently are just glossing over the fact they test it for an advantage.

If it was discovered and I am sure it was then people just kept it to themselves figuring it was a one off or too save it for live.

A lot of builds make it to live like this.

They test the raids for an advantage and Blizzard gets free playtesting. There are other people testing the new content, and again - just because they do it for personal gain doesn’t mean Blizzard doesn’t reap the benefits of it.

Sure, some people will try and hide it - but those are the extreme minority. Blizzard also has the data showing it so they clearly didn’t pay attention.

One of the silliest examples of reasoning ever typed.

BFA has seriously reduced the quality of play testers on the PTR. One very big issue with PTR testing is you burn yourself out quickly and when it goes live you find yourself with nothing to do.

I did for awhile but got bored and got behind grinding Azerite. The systems of BFA have forced people off the PTR and onto the live game.