Suspended for afking ,Yet achievments would say otherwise

These bans are not right. People are receiving first time bans for 30 days, and the more bg’s you run the higher the chance you get banned, especially in AV where it takes several minutes to capture a base.

The system is broken and blizzard should be ashamed of themselves for this ban wave.

4 Likes

Yes, but he could’ve gone AFK as of recently and someone could’ve reported him for that. You don’t get suspended for no reason not to mention, why would I troll the CS forums?

I don’t think so. Defending Bunkers is the point of AV Flags in AB

If that’s the case why make those BG’s with a certain criteria to win?

I suggest you get solid information on this before spreading misinformation please

1 Like

That would make 0 sense, defense in a game of CTF or node-based games is a part of the game, and why would anyone else be able to tell me how I should play the game? Is there a rule set within the TOC that says I have to do what others tell me too? So could I form a 9 man premade, pug my 10th and if this person doesnt do as our team says to do they should be punished? Has blizzard written rules of how each BG should be played as guidelines for the player base to follow? If im capping objectives, doing damage//healing, and not afking to the point im removed from the BG by the \afk feature how can i be punished?

1 Like

Doing your quest for the AV teleport trinket can be considered not participating. Complete dog water.

1 Like

I do see your appeal, Twasr - that is the proper way to have this reviewed.

Let me just hit on a few points in your tickets.

CS doesn’t have a number you can call.

You seem to be conflating AFK with non-participation, they can be the same - but aren’t necessarily so.

Any game session where no damage and no healing was done - at all, isn’t good.

I’d wait on your review from your ticket.

8 Likes

I am telling you exactly what Blizzard has posted here on these forums over and over.

6 Likes

I have never been suspended before, ever. For anything. I just also got a 30 day ban for “AFKing” in battlegrounds which I never did.

If 30 days is not a starting level suspension… why did I just get one with a clean account history? And if I didn’t have a clean account history, I probably wouldn’t be on the community council…

4 Likes

So with your recent revision of your comment, you are admitting GMs are banning people for defending bunkers in AV, defending flags in AB?

Sometimes you go the entire game without seeing an enemy player. That is the nature of the AV battleground you get to a tower if the guards are already dead and defend it and then run north and the enemy kills your leader before you pull you end up with nothing done.

1 Like

Thanks for speaking up

Clearly some council members are spreading misinformation for a company they are choosing to represent

If your account shows a history of ZERO damage and healing, then that’s considered non-participation.

Mirasol is also a CS MVP like myself and she’s not at all wrong with the information she’s given here.

6 Likes

You know something is messed up when a “WoW Community Council” player gets banned.

1 Like

No what automated is the GM’s review of the information, I mean they’re humans so they can make mistakes especially in a ban wave when they have X amount of reviews and Y amount of time to get them reviewed when Blizzard is understaffed. But again my achievements//statistics from the past 6 days would back my “participation” in these BGs.

Who mentioned zero healing?

We have a group of people who consistently defend bunkers.

This is about DEFENDING bunkers, not non-participation…

please reference above

I have no idea. That is unusual to go straight to 30 days. Unless there is something else going on and the category on the suspension is not accurate.

As for the CC, yes, you can be on it with infractions as long as they are mild and long ago.

If someone thinks the ban wave was not done correctly, they can appeal.

And if you get reported and the logs show no damage, yes, the GMs will action it if it happens in multiple games.

5 Likes

Which is 100% wrong. It happens a lot in AV when no one comes to recap the base you are defending and the enemy team kills your boss before you pull theirs.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree. I once got a silence for a week, even though according to the many sources I read, your first silence is suppose to be a day or something

THIS lol, literally most GM’s dont play this game or have any idea what the META of AV is.

Which is a terrible way to run things.