Suspended for a month?

I am not sure what I did but I just got an email stating I was suspended for 30 days. I took vacation this past week and have been no lifing the prepatch with leveling a dk to 70

I did H mgt a while ago and took a break since i completed the entire pvp grind and got Every piece of pvp gear over the past 4 days or so.

When i got back from getting lunch I saw the emails and my time was cancelled upon no getting a refund?

I did get an altercation this morning with someone but he started mouthing off so I mouthed off louder. So because of that i get suspended for 30 days, don’t get my money back and get to miss the launch of wotlk? That is a little much…

7 Likes

Should have told you in the email why you were suspended. You should also have been told in the email how to appeal.

2 Likes

If you’d like to have this reviewed - it needs to be done through an appeal ticket, Absolute.

5 Likes

Is it always a 24 hour response time?

1 Like

Depends entirely on the queues, Absolute - and at the moment, they are longer than we’d like. They are trying to get to everyone as quickly as possible.

5 Likes

The system isn’t automated except for squelches.

While you may get squelched off reports - you don’t get suspended without a review.

11 Likes

Good thing they don’t use automated systems, then, ain’t it? Only the in-game warnings and squelches (what Asmongold demonstrated) are automated.

People can report until their fingers fall off, but nothing will happen if there’s no violation.

14 Likes

My friend just got banned for pvp afk/buying gear. He simple played pvp with his new dk and bought season 4 arena. It must be a anti buying arena system that they forget to desactivate lmao

2 Likes

Very ridiculous to give everyone 30 days when they aren’t banning botters and more serious offenders at all.

7 Likes

Next time please move a topic to the correct spot (WoTLK classic) not general…

Pretty sure there was a botting banwave a week or two ago, lol.

Anyway, look up the Cold War arms race and apply that principle to botting and MMORPGs.

4 Likes

This is very untrue, We would get a botter in SoM 1-2 times a week. Well maybe they weren’t a botter and could just stay up for 6 weeks straight. But it was later confirmed they were an account sharer who paid BR’s to grind for him.

and everytime we got him kicked off and suspended it would be appealed, until they finally did the suspension/ban themselves (blizzard)

The policy applies to all versions of the game. General will get more traffic and participation than just Classic forums.

4 Likes

The issue is occurring in classic, not retail; ie; classic.

As there are other topics on this in Classic, not retail. Seems the system is beyond trash.

It happens in both and we have many many threads here from Retail about the exact same policy. Today just happens to be a ban wave in Classic. The same bans happen in Retail.

It is not a “Classic” or “Retail” issue. One policy to rule them all, so to speak.

10 Likes

All suspensions and bans are done by Blizz, not by players. You can report your beliefs all you want, but action won’t happen if there is no evidence in Blizzard’s logs to back up your report.

6 Likes

Many things happen in both, and to throw a blanket category on it is lazy.

Its funny that RMT is :handshake: but you afk in AV for 5 minutes, god have mercy on your soul

Nope, mass reporting in SoM would get an automated system to suspend a players account, try again.

Less than 5 min, at 5 min the system within the game gives you a debuff called deserter. xD