Survival needs to be reworked

How bout no!

2 Likes

why not make survival the one spec that uses both a ranged weapon and melee weapon like hunters did back in the day

also let them dual wield melee weapons again

2 Likes

Leave BM alone, give current SV it’s own spec and give us back the real SV ranged spec back.

5 Likes

survival doesn’t natively have any passives other than it’s mastery now, js

Funny thing is, if you scroll down through this article, you will see someone already did some of the legwork for the Dark Ranger part.

Agreed.

We can argue for days about current SV, and it’s popularity. In the end, however, what all those who’re asking for when they post about getting RSV back is just that, to get RSV back.

Because of what the devs deleted to make room for this new spec.

Yep.

Especially as RSV and MM did not actually share any core abilities at the time of it’s removal, apart from class-wide utility.

This argument always boil down to “both specs used a ranged weapon”, which is a pointless argument to make to justify removing RSV.

Indeed.

3 Likes

I wish they’d let us use both melee and range.

I’m jelly of NPCs that fire at range and then switch to melee once and enemy get’s into melee with them.

I like the idea of BM having pet involved skillshots like the Rexxar stun in Hots, so many possibilities yet the pet is only a damage bot.

Also Axe throwing hunter would be peak class fantasy for my troll hunter.

I think its after 17 years you realize there hasn’t been much unique thoughts when it comes to class design, last hype abilities were released in Wrath, then we only got rebaked versions of what we had for years.

Nothing wrong with survival at the moment, I ran a dungeon the other day with a guildie, my as BM and him as Survival, he beat me on DPS. People just call it the ugly step child because it used to be bad, but there is actually nothing wrong with it at the moment.

I actually would like and wanted to see a hunter spec that is hybrid, ranged and then jump in if you wanted to get up close.

A 4th spec would probably be the least controversial decision and also my preferred method.
Now, if that would not be feasible for whatever reason, i would then prefer to remove the current SV and reinstate the pre-legion ranged SV. My least favourite choice would be to just leave it as it is.

It would kinda be the same thing, however in legion a spec was taken from many people who liked it to bring a spec that almost noone wanted to play and almost noone did play. Over 3 expansions it hasnt gained a significant amount of players, even when it was strong.
Changing this back would make, by all reasonable estimates we can make, more people happy than unhappy. From my personal preference and this utilitaristic view (not generally applicable), removing msv in favour of rsv is the second best option.

3 Likes

It’s spec design Isn’t unique, it’s just melee bm with bombs.

This is why combat got changed into outlaw cause combat was nothing but swinging swords

And now we have pirates!! Arrrg aren’t you thankful?

Honestly yes.

Before outlaw was a thing a lot of people expected the new class to be either pirate or demon hunter, we got both and outlaw now has a clear fantasy to fill

Maybe they could transform survival into some sort of Bear Grylls type of thing… minus the pee drinking

1 Like

I just want it to have a unique fantasy.

At the moment it is just melee BM with bombs.

Survival has been reworked over and over and over since Legion.
Marksman and Beast Master get nerfs and band-aides.

3 Likes

Why can’t gnomes throw wrenches? If someone threw a wrench at you and hit you anywhere with it, you’d be in pain.

Bayonet guns (rifle/dual pistols) that double as melee weapons.

Hmmm and add this as a spec feature, sort of like poisons on a Rogue. I like it! They could even put a blade on a bow and you could whip it around like Cordana