Survey! Hunter healing or defensives

1. Is our self healing or defensives as good as other other dps classes that lack a healing spec like warrior or rogue etc. ? Yes or No and why?

2. If no what could blizzard do in the short term to fix it? Buffs or passives

3. If no what could blizzard do in the long term to fix it? Buffs and new spells or mechanics

4. If yes is there a reason why are you considering all 3 specs?

2 Likes

As of right now, aside from PVP talents i don’t think any hunter spec has “unquie” healing or defensives.

Unless you count the extra Leech bm gets to aspect of the beast or the extra utility mm gets from bursting shot and sv gets from harpoon.

PVE wise most of the stuff sv can do defensively all other hunter specs can also do. They do have extra healing in mastery but thats also about it.

SV isn’t currently winning any awards in self healing, defensives, or even utility compared to other melee dps classes, it has great mobility between disengage and harpoon they can quickly clear great distances other melee prob can’t as fast but this doesn’t pay out as much.

2 Likes

Hunter defensives/healing is so much worse than warrior. Just off the top of my head warrior has:

• 30% heal every 30 seconds
  • 20% HP temporarely
  • Defensive stance
  • Die by the sword
  • Heal 10% every time they parry
  • Instant cleanse of all effects that also heals them for like 20% of their max hp

There might be more, but it just doesn’t even compare to hunter having:

• 30% heal every 2 min
  • Invulnerable every 2 min, but you can’t do anything in it
11 Likes

Biggest lie you will see on any “class guide” websites is that SV hunter has excelente survivability. They must be testing some SV hunters in other games but current Version of hunter class in general doesn’t have good self healing or survivability, and SV hunter is no different than other hunter specs.

9 Likes

Holy sh…I need play warrior

4 Likes

If I can wreck Warriors, DK’s and Pali’s 1v1. Then it’s you and not the class.

Hunters have a shield for up to 75% of their max health, instantly renewable. Well, provided they aren’t using the Lone Wolf Talent. :grinning:

“Duals” are not endgame content. You can’t get armor or literally anything to progress in endgame content while dueling.

Survival is very weak in 3v3 compared to BM and I don’t see that changing in DF. In DF survival is a melee class not hybrid M/R but lack the defenses to stay alive in melee.

Possibly because of this? -

Warrior

Hunter

7 Likes

Dont forget about choice of base 10% leech or 8% movement speed pvp talent break or 5% hp and Increase the maximum health of you and your pet by 20% for 10 sec but also seems to heal us 20% and can crit i dont know if thats a bug but i hope they just change the description instead of nerfing it.

Honestly if they buff exhilarate by reducing the base CD by 25% and increase base healing by 10% and replace and Change rejuvenating wind with a talent that just gives us a second charge because we could always use a second wind. and I dont know if that make us better then warrior or put us more side by side with them and rogue on survivability but its not so much healing that we outdo classes with healing specs or actual healing specs ut it be a move in the right direction.

-Edit- some suggestions from others. Cognition said on a different post

-Leech should include pet damage. Survival of the Fittest could have a shorter cooldown. Mend Pet leech nerf could be reverted. Camouflage heal could last for a set number of seconds after it ends. 2% health per second for 8-10 seconds in the middle of a fight would be nice.Aspect of the Beast buff to Predator’s Thirst, Endurance Training and Pathfinding could be increased.Born to be Wild could decrease defensive cooldowns by more than 20%.

-edit- Bepples said on different post

They would have to give a large amount of leech, make Spirit Bond classwide and a lot stronger, make Exhilaration CDR stronger + more options to improve Exhilaration throughput. It sounds like a lot but you look at the sheer torrent of self healing Fury Warriors are getting and realise the bar is high.’

They could start by not arbitrarily kneecapping Leech for BM in particular when it wasn’t that strong to begin with.

1 Like

if survivability is your issue its a player issue/setup issue in pvp atm exhil hp back, turtle w/ fleshcraft hp back, tenacity pet buff and pvp trinket hp back again… and done right you can burn enough time to get them into a rotation…

literally the worst self healing and defenses of any class in the game. Well shaman have pretty bad defenses, but their self healing is godly.

oh no watch out, billy the “Lord of Destruction” of LFR duels is in the thread. if he can kill jimmy’s grandma on her pali 1v1 then he must be right. Surv > pali

5 Likes

I watch Bicmex I know how its suppose be done but I still disagree i cant pull it off as good yet but im geting better. But i also like to solo pve and other players can be trolly to hunters cause they know we cant deal with long term sustain damage and if im low even after misdirect and growling keep most enemies off me and i judge that i can finish off a pack aaahh of my god why you dragging them over meeee -dead- I just think we need some better sustain even if its not as good as warriors. Who off the top of Myskillisafk head.

1 Like

they just need to bring roar of sacrifice back to pve and alter it a little.

but instead it would remain on a 1min cd but just have it as a 20% damage reduction which transfers that damage to pet. not only will it give us an extra defensive but also make mend pet more interactive on the heavy damage peroids.

3 Likes

Id just like a 30% 30sec heal like warriors and base leech tied to a mastery passive that buffs our damage and gives more leech per % of mastery.

Also i played with my under-geared evoker and felt less nervous with the storms then my hunter around those elites and aoe spells i could just spend mana to heal myself easily even as a dps spec. With my hunter it was so chaotic that accidently stood in the lava for few seconds and put my heals on CD fighting near an elite and started sweating and i misjudged a pull an died.

3 Likes

Oh no it’s the meta chaser who doesn’t know what to do when his views are disproven and needs a Chad to tell him how to be.

The defensives are terrible.

Compare to rogue:

Heal 2% every second from Slice and Dice
20% heal every 30 seconds from crimson vial
cloak of shadows for ALL spell damage
Evasion for 100% dodge
Sprint on a 1 min CD
Grappling hook

If the Devs want hunters to be useful again they need to shorten exhilaration to a minute, and either make cheetah a 30 second cooldown, or make it toggleable like the old days. Maybe a shorter CD on disengage too, and increase tar trap’s radius to what frost trap used to be.

edit: I forgot, rogues can also use feint to halve all incoming AoE damage for 4 seconds.

2 Likes

Glad people can give some breakdown to the disparities between balance between classes. Some SV pvpers will tell you to get good to stack up dots then stun and interupt them and trap them and burst them down after not leting them attack and thats all good in a duel and 2v2 or 3v3 maybe but in a BG where it chaotic you need a bit more where damage can come from anywhere and your constantly backing up not able to cc without a friendly player or npc from breaking your cc. I feel like the dependency of fleeing and cc and long cooldowns compared strait up shorter CD heals and damage reduction and interupts that other classes have just feels bad that we are built so drastically different that it never be balanced.

Feels bad if there idea of balance is technically if you play as good as top pvp hunters you be middle of the pack average on survivability. But we all know the average player isn’t doing sweet moves and leet tricks and are siting next to the spirit healer waiting for a rez more then they are playing.

1 Like

warriors also have 5% leech heal (all warriors since its in the general warrior tree).

Second wind kinda counts (also in the general tree), 6% healing every 1 sec but need to be not hit for 5 sec I dont see most warriors take it so must be useless or something.

Fury has bloodthirst that heals 3% of health each time its used on a 4.2 sec cooldown.

Fury has enraged regeneration which gives 30% damage reduction AND heals 20% health. There is a talent that says it makes it last 3 sec longer and…give 20% health instantly? Dunno if thats additional or what it means cause enraged regen already says it does that.

Fury has probably more HP regen stuff than warlock, and warlock is already pretty crazy with the self sustain lol.

And then I hop on my hunter and go “uh…where is all my self sustain” :frowning:

3 Likes

Yea im told our utility is running away if we are losing the fight and regrouping and that its so strong that we be op if we had better heals. Lol cause why fight when we can get away…not dosnt sound fun beyond some kiteing to reduce damage.

1 Like

I dunno how it is in pve to be fair but we’re alot better off than before in pvp defensives wise, though i wish masters call wasn’t a cunning ability and instead baseline so we could have that and the last stand in PVP

honestly why weren’t pet trees brought back during this whole shuffle lol our pets are awful atm. and you still can’t pick specs or anything for them so some pets are literally worthless

2 Likes