Support this tweet/LFG Addons

Fine so on the topic of this thread, I most certainly will be using a LFG style add on if I can.

Why? Because I don’t enjoy spamming chat for groups and don’t feel it adds a single positive thing to the play experience.

1 Like

It isn’t an echo chamber, it is a pro for or against thread, not in this one that is only promoting 1 thing.

Let’s just get one thing clear here, Vanilla wasn’t ever “hard” in so much that it was tedious.

there were some “hard” parts, but that was mostly in knowing how much to pull and addons don’t play into that.

Using an LFG is no easier or harder then spamming in /4 for a group.

2 Likes

Some of my fondest memories were of exploring a vast and mysterious open world chock full of lore, and the less I knew made the whole experience more wondrous. Each faction (or race) offered its own game in many ways. I always felt that this was attributed to how much creativity went into the world creation. From environment, to race and class; down to all the little nuances and characteristics of each, individual place in the world, everything felt fleshed out. Even the sounds and music were (still are) incredible, which I feel greatly contributed to the overall atmosphere.

What were especially great were the challenges presented; I liked how I had to be sociable and interact with others in order to achieve something, even if it was something menial, like collecting feathers. The game promoted a social environment, which was important for forming friendships and communities.

A lot of this stuff is lost in current WoW. Retail actually has an auto-pilot button built into it now. It’s essentially single-player, and you never know what shard you’re in, but you know it’s usually an empty one. I scarcely have a reason to utter a word to another player I don’t know (OK, maybe a couple syllables sometimes). I log on and I don’t want to do anything in the game anymore, and I log out. :weary:

If I may, I’d like to respectfully disagree here.

It took a lot of effort and patience to form a group in Vanilla, and to a lesser extent BC. With that in mind, I ran less dungeons, but I have fonder memories of the dungeons I was in. People were more willing to try and work together to reach the end, probably because they’d spent just the same amount of time and effort I had finding the group.

I feel like as soon as you add something that eases the process, this mindset starts to erode away. There’s no need to befriend most pugs when you have an add-on (or LFG feature) that finds groups for you. Sure, you COULD, but you don’t NEED to. I feel like this is what people are trying to get at with slippery slopes. While the intent is totally benign, its potential to be damaging really shouldn’t be ignored.

Having said that, you’re totally free to make your own choices and use, not use it, whatever. I won’t judge either way. I just don’t think the statement of no positive impacts is correct. The struggle (and social bonds made to ease that struggle) is part of the charm of Vanilla imo.

I disagree. Sitting in trade chat for hours spamming for a group is not fun. It is frustrating and boring.

2 Likes

Yeah but you also think pvp should be removed so your opinion are sort of not right

break this add on blizzard. i’m out of this add on is allowed

Agreed,

i’m hoping cross realm dungeons are enabled at the start of phase 2. Would be a great way to compensate low pop realms too!

(Obviously it won’t teleport you to dungeons)

#playniceplayfair
#nochanges
#ourclassic

no changes? how can you ask for cross realm and say that?

It would only apply to dungeons and would only effect the people you group with. Don’t like it don’t use it.

#playniceplayfair
#nochanges
#ourclassic

Nah. I doubt realm pops will dwindle enough (which is why they made so few servers, as it should be) to require any CR dungeons. CRBGs are good (since many of the unsavory element that is PvP players dislike them), but CRZ & CR dungeons shouldn’t be a thing in Classic.

Blizzard expect at least an 80% drop.

cross realm dungeons are enabled at the start of phase 2 as a sollution and is overall the healthiest for the game in the long term.

#playniceplayfair
#nochanges
#ourclassic

stop saying no changes then retard. because that is a major change

He’s trolling

Well, the beautiful thing about that is…

With the current populations of the realms, even with an 80% drop, it would take the realms down to healthy Vanilla server levels (based on the blue sticky.)

So, even then it should be fine, and CR would not be needed.

It’s weird that you just told me in another thread to not bother coming to classic because I disagreed with your opinion of mega-servers, and then here we are having you apparently not coming to classic since this addon will almost certainly work.

That is the only way it could work. There is no cross server for raids or dungeons in classic. Also you would still have to get to the dungeon on your own or be summoned. The addon is just a better way to find fellow realm members also looking for the same dungeon.

2 Likes

so let me get this straight— you want mega servers and LFG add ons. dude why are you even here? go play retail

I can go play retail whenever I want, it doesn’t change my opnion on addons, including LFG addons.

If you don’t understand that not everyone coming to classic has the same rigid viewpoint that you do and may be playing it for different reasons than you, I don’t know what to tell you.

Also, if you think having a LFG GUI in classic makes it anywhere close to being like retail, you need to really think a bit more critically about all the differences between the two games.

1 Like