Support Cure Duchenne With the Reven Pack

it’s not a buzzword, it’s a specific term with a specific meaning. the IRS disagrees with your weird interpretation. take it up with them.

8 Likes

You’re just basically saying “no” and thats it.

I explained specifically why its not,“non profit”.

You havent. You just keep saying its the word. Words say a lit of things lol. They play the semantic game here.

okay, have fun finding people to work for nonprofit orgs for free!

2 Likes

They can’t include this in their tax calcs.

They dont have to. Thats what the name implies though. Just call it a charity.

Non profit clearly is not what people think.

Saw the fox and was like cute but I can resist, saw the backpack and was like well there goes resisting, especially when adding in the butterfly that will land on their cute sleeping face that another posted:

2 Likes

Are you really claiming that its not a “non-profit” because they pay their employees…lol. come on, you gotta be kidding me

5 Likes

I now don’t care that it is for charity, you whaled us too much.

1 Like

If a CEO of a charity compannt makes millions. They can still call that non for profit because its considered staff payroll.

Your telling me thats not profit?

Sorry but huge semantics game being played with that title. All you have to do is actually look into it.

2 Likes

i mean, maybe. but you seem to be the only one in this thread who finds it confusing. so i don’t think that lack of clarity is universal by any means.

4 Likes

Yeah. BY YOU! Employee pay, no matter how large, is not profit for an organization

5 Likes

not all non-profits are charities, and vice versa. you’re creating a problem, then solving it by introducing another problem.

5 Likes

They messed up so much potential. Not the cause, not at all I am glad of that, just… What if they made the 90$ mount for the cause instead? Dropping this after that feels like a ton of momentum from this charitable offer was stolen from it. But no, no ill will to this aid to people at all. I feel like some people who would have helped if not being wiped from the 90$.

I dunno, am I talking out of my butt on this one? If I am just bein dumb here let me know. Regardless I hope this really helps those people.

1 Like

Im not confused at all. I think its shady marketing.

Why are we discussing this in two topics lol.

Anyways i made my point. I won’t drag this on. People can disagree, but i think its preying on people who think all the money goes to the cause.

haha i don’t know, i just noticed that myself. i blame the “make 20 threads about every topic” crowd :laughing:

1 Like

Also, in this case, the last Chief of Staff made $211k. High, but not crazy since they are located in California

4 Likes

“Nonprofit” isn’t simply a buzz word, it’s part of the Tax code. They do not get taxed like say an S-corp would.

However, yes there are many CEO’s of nonprofits that make some big bucks. Most nonprofits have paid employees and a operating budget, like normal company’s.

100% of the $$$ may go to the non-profit, but not all of it will go to the “cause itself” after overhead and such.

There are some real shady non profits out there, and some good ones. See post above. Nikolo beat me to the charitynavigator site :grinning:

4 Likes

Take my money!

Thats what im saying. Dude is making bank. Thats from charity money.

They use this lingo 100% towards proceeds, but the proceeds include these salaries.

I digress though, im getting a headache, and id rather talk about expensive store mounts.

1 Like

Is 211K making bank? In CA that’s barely middle class. lol

And I dont know what skilled CEO would accept poverty wages. You get what you pay for.

4 Likes