Support Cure Duchenne With the Reven Pack

I mean, im in NY. That’s a good salary here. If its not affordable in Cali. RIP.

All of Cali isn’t priced like that though from what i hear. In the cities and ritzy areas its super expensive.

okay, so… find somebody willing to do that work for free.

the fact that they’re working for a charitable organization doesn’t mean it’s not work.

3 Likes

I’m glad you’re doing this one, good on you devs.

:face_holding_back_tears:

4 Likes

I think its much more resonable to just call it a charity, and be transparent with the #'s.

I dont expect people to work for free. I just dont like the term “non profit”.

1 Like

it’s a bit more complicated. basically, if it’s within 2-3 hours of a city, it’s going to be expensive. there are definitely cheap places to live in california but they’re mostly in the middle of nowhere.

1 Like

I wonder if you released a charity thing a day after the Brutosaur for strategic PR reasons?

1 Like

100% of the proceeds of this pet go to a very important charity. I assume you didn’t watch the video. It’s not a normal ad. Someone passed away and this is a tribute as they made a very big impact to the community and this is in support of it.

You can live on a salary less than 200k though.

I just looked it up. The cost of living is 59k. Granted, i know if you’re in Malibu, you’re paying a lot more than that, but its not the case for all Californians.

you mean, did they tell netflix to release the documentary today? i doubt that.

2 Likes

It’s based on Netflix’s release of the documentary.

Take the tinfoil hat off.

4 Likes

of course you can, but executives are just like anyone else – they go where they can make good money. who would work for a nonprofit if they were offering $30k a year when a competing private sector job is paying ten times that?

So in your mind you think they just found out about the release date today and released it and they couldn’t have known yesterday when they released the other stuff?

2 Likes

I was informed of this already and acknowledged it.

yes this, mostly. There are some places up in the mountains that are $$$$ away from the big city’s, but Central CA you can find some places for cheap. However you probably do not want to live there if you do not want a career in Ag.

2 Likes

“HONEYYYYYY I GOT A CALL FROM AMEX ON MULTIPLE CHARGES THE LAST 24 HOURS, WAS THIS YOU?”

me, ducks

1 Like

I 100% cried. But I’m glad they did this.

4 Likes

My whole issue is the name “non profit”. Peole can make as much as the can. This is America after all. Go get it, just dont call it non-profit.

I think the cause is good, but get the naming right!

not sure what to say beyond

the IRS is the authority on this kind of thing, and they differentiate between those two. they’re not synonyms, even if you think they should be :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are flexing on something you shouldn’t be flexing

Not a fan Pyri, not a fan of the IRS at all.

Might as well call it IRSLOOPDEEDOOP.