Support a Streamer and Twitch Drops Now Live!

I worked for the same reward people are being given. Taking part in this promotion by watching for 4 hours rewards me with nothing.

I should not be rewarded with nothing for doing the same things other people are doing.

1 Like

Iā€™m not. If itā€™s completely irrelevant how it was obtained then itā€™s completely irrelevant if someone got it from Twitch.

Again, either it is or isnā€™t relevant how someone got the mount.

Exactly how is this relevant? People either paid real money or saved gold for it, or found it in a pack, or got it from the Twitch drop.

You canā€™t move goalposts.

The original way was opening a pack. Period. Anything after that removes the ā€œprestigeā€ of getting it from the original people.

You canā€™t have it both ways.

In fact, yea, letā€™s ditch the twitch drop. But also strip the mount from anyone who bought it with Gold, and disable the mount on anyone who entered a code for it, until they produce a receipt for a pack. Deal?

1 Like

The original way was opening a pack which gave you a BoE mount. If you chose to sell that mount, that was your prerogative. Many people chose to sell the BoE mount.

Fair enough point though, ultimately the fault lays with Blizzard for not having them be BoP, but itā€™s better to recognize the reality weā€™re in now rather than what wouldā€™ve been ideal.

And that reality is theyā€™re giving away something that people invested a lot of resources into obtaining for literally nothing, and giving no compensation at all to the people who put said resources in despite it being easy enough for them to do.

You might feel like they arenā€™t entitled to anything, and thatā€™s simply something I disagree strongly with.

1 Like

So now theyā€™re giving away the mount as a BoP. Whatā€™s the problem?

And the reality is that anyone that invest ā€œa lot of resourcesā€ into a worthless, digital item in a computer game is lighting their money and/or time on fire. That is a risk they took, especially when they smash that ā€œI Agreeā€ button in the ToS that says Blizzard can do whatever they want to any item they want at anytime and not compensate you for it.

1 Like

Omg this is it time to support those streamers that arenā€™t rich and super famous already! Are you guys ready?

Support the struggling streamers bros!

Time to pour out that support to the much lesser known dudes.

jumps on Toviā€™s back

I dunno why I did this.

2 Likes

They made a choice to plunge resources into a virtual itemā€¦ they placed value on a virtual item, when in reality the value isnā€™t real and people willing to drop $$ for mounts in a choice they made and now blizzard is giving it away for free essentially, just gotta afk in a stream.

No harm is done here.

Didnā€™t thought Iā€™d have to be literal, but here you go: Destroy (major aspects) of their value.

Iā€¦ no? I am evidently not? I am doing the exact opposite?

You canā€™t really mean what youā€™re saying, you canā€™t really be this ignorant and vile, can you?

Yeah itā€™s weird how using the correct words or phrases is important :roll_eyes:

I mean, I was building up on previous posts and it is quite obvious that I was not being literal and one could easily derive what I actually meanā€¦ but youā€™re right, thank you for the reminder that there are people who will try to dilute and derail the discussion by hanging on to minor, insignificant technicalities.

There ya go again, using words and phrases in inappropriate places.

I have stuck to the topic of the TCG rewards this entire thread.

People spent ungodly amounts on their longboi.
They placed value (evidently adding it to virtual things by spending time and effort) on it.
By your logic, it should be no problem to give away via twitch drop then, give EVERYONE the auction house bruto! For free.

By the way, you can stop with that non-argument virtual items had no real value. Itā€™s easily refuted.

1 Like

Oh, did you? Good for you then! I mean there are totally people engaging in just that, so itā€™s not inappropriate, but that wasnā€™t necessarily directed towards you and if you did not, then at least weā€™re fine :slight_smile:

But your logic doesnā€™t hold up.

Longboiā€™s price was set by Blizzard. The TCG stuff never had a set price and their prices have fluctuated drastically over the years, even before Twitch.

Personally, I think they should just return the Brutosaur to the vendor for its original price.

Good for them and I hope they offer it for freeā€¦ them dropping $$ for virtual items was their decision. You are correct, I donā€™t have any issue with people getting it via a twitch dropā€¦ why should I care how others value virtual items?

Iā€™m sure you believe you can, but a virtual item is only worth as much as a person thinks itā€™s worthā€¦ so to me, they have NO value and I would NEVER pay real money for it directly.

Huh, you do know that the tiny arrow pointing to my tiny portrait on the right means you were replying to meā€¦ I hope?

People spending time and adding value, even to virtual things, is still value. Maybe not tangible as your handcrafted leather bag, but at the very least as valuable as the name prada, gucci etc. slapped on it.

That is a concept really not difficult to grasp.

Yes, simply because, in parts, I was adressing you in fact. But I was trying to have it nuanced enough - I meant that thank you.