Support a Streamer and Twitch Drops Now Live!

I need to stop commenting on this because talking about this monetization scheme is driving me mad.

I legitimately care and it’s like shouting into the abyss while people bad faith flame any critique on wow for fun.

2 Likes

Meow just pay your monthly sub and keep shaking that head up and down while you eat any piece of content given to you on a spoon with a smile.

The implication that cancelling affects the company is dubious. Once a company gets big enough, they lose subs and they just fire people and make even more profits.

I actually Avoid Streamers at all costs . I am to old to watch people play video games.

1 Like

Did we seriously get all this downtime today because of this _________ feature??? Seriously?

2 Likes

blizz trying to tell me about things

blizz: we have free—
me: gimme!
blizz: don’t you wanna know what mou—
me: gimme right now i dont care! D:

Requires two gifted subscriptions, Prime Sub (which would still only be one of those) is excluded.

Back when the offer was just watch for x hours (supposedly ‘free’-ish), we looked into it. Just to get the Twitch account through Prime required giving Twitch your credit card info. ‘Just in case you cancel Prime…’.

Shame the pets and mounts can’t go up on the store that theoretically supports the actual game I’m playing, and paying for.

Although, I recently said no to paying $90 for a pet through the store. (Apparently ends up being 4 or so pets, but still.) Someone tried to break it down saying the pet was only $10. Except I wouldn’t have bought the mount, my 6 month sub isn’t $20 a month, and I want nothing to do with early access.

I spent all of WoD earning gold to buy this from AH. Not gonna say how much I spent.

Working two years to earn something is a great feeling.

Watching everyone else get it for free makes me feel like I wasted my life.

I don’t want to invest time in a game that does this

Really wish I hadn’t bought a 12 month subscription

2 Likes

atleast the important one the mount is just watching the stream the pet is only one you got to pay for

Nobody is forcing any of you to watch said streamers for said mount or pay for two subs for streamer for the pet…mounts and pets do not affect game play at all other then maybe the Pet might be a good one for Pet Battling but if your a serious Pet Battler you already will have enough Pets that would out flank that pet in the first place.

Nope. I don’t buy from the store. I rarely ever bring up my pets (hunter pets excluded of course) so I would only get the ingame ones and free with watching twitch.

1 Like

I’ll just put their stream super quiet, indirectly support them even though I don’t care about them a bit.

1 Like

How much do you have to pay for the mount?

Is this why I can’t play the game? Because you’re adding a feature I’m never going to touch because if I wanted to support them I’d use Patreon; and eventually the pets and collectibles will show up at Trading Post? You’re shutting down the game to add something most people won’t interact with? I mean the pet would be tempting if pet battles were at all a relevant way to spend end game. But seeing as almost nobody interacts with it anymore at max level it’s much less tempting to take a pet.

This is infuriating. Because if we wanted to support our favorite streamers we already had avenues to do it. All this means is we all have to listen to our favorite streamers cry for you to spend your money on this so they get money from Blizz now. And if they don’t get money why would I pay Blizz to support them?

Seriously questioning the business making skills of Blizz atm.

Seriously, why spend real money when it will eventually show up at the trading post :rofl: I’m with you friend.

1 Like

the Ghastly Charger mount by watching your favorite World of Warcraft Twitch channels when World of Warcraft®: The War Within™! goes live.
He just costs you 4 hours of your time watching stream(s).

1 Like

The crazy thing to me. Even knowing all I need to do it have it playing. I’ll probably still be watching old YT vids instead because I don’t watch WoW streamers for a reason :rofl: I’m not a meta chaser or care what the meta is doing. And if anything cool happens in Race to World First, I know Hiru will cover it in a video eventually. Or someone on YT will be talking about it.

Didn’t watch Amirdrassil at all but still know that Youngdip hit that skip :rofl:

1 Like

Shocked they didnt make Mount the pay one and pet the free one honestly

2 Likes

My son streams WoW so I always have it running while he’s streaming mainly to see him in the lower corner on the screen. He has twitch drops enabled so I can usually get the required hours in one day, maybe 2, according to how long he stays streaming.

1 Like

Streamers are part of the gaming ecosystem, whether you watch them or not. Sites like Twitch will often sort games by most watched to least, and pushing people to watch WoW streamers causes more interest, which brings new/unsubbed players to the game. Asking the community to invest in them in a good way to help streamers, as well, on top of what Blizzard is already paying them. Some of those people will continue watching and may even become long-term subs, which helps everyone.

Seems like a totally reasonable way to market, unless you’re just against WoW giving out things for marketing purposes.