Support a Streamer and Twitch Drops Now Live!

I think some of the issue is Blizzard continues to push people to 3rd party websites to save advertising fees. Twitch probably gets a form of kickback for it, and I can see how advertising on the old traditional forms like TV have gotten out of control for cost.

This feels like how google charged clients to get their websites toward the top of the search engine. Just weird how they push us to other platforms by using creators to advertise the product. Maybe because most new players watch other gamers now instead of the old ways.

I’m down. I’ll have my favorite WoW nerds in the background while i work.

This is not a “watch stream for 4 hours to get pet”. This is a purchase 2 subs to get a code to get the pet. You have to make a $$ purchase to get the item. With each sub being $5.99, that’s $12 to get the pet. I’ll be passing on this one.

See above.

You paid 15 dollars for a 2nd account to complain about this, yikes

What are you on about?

Anyone know some smaller streamers to support?

I watch WoWGrandma78. Her community is nice and there are some small streamers included as well.

4 Likes

Don’t think of it as being paid to watch streamers, think of it as being incentivized to link your twitch and bnet accounts so that the value of your data is increased for both companies.

You are all blatantly lying! Last time, I followed the advice to mute the stream and peacefully play WoW. After a few hours, I checked the tab, and the streamer had gone offline. I was very upset.

1 Like

I watch streamers anyway, so it’s not a big stretch for me

1 Like

Guess you would buy the pet if they put it in the Blizzard store for $15? Getting it for $12 dollars is saving money really

Aight, judging by the comments:

Some people really don’t understand why others would be upset that a paid game with a sub and box cost shouldn’t start employing freemium game tactics of requiring 3rd party platforms to access more of the game’s content.

Or that linking said rewards to external platforms to artificially inflate metrics is bad faithing twitch stream vieweship numbers.

2 Likes

You mute the tab of your web browser and go play the game its not their fault you didn’t brother to check the stream as time went by to see if it was running correctly
that is your fault now not the streamer or blizzard or another posters

1 Like

turning users into viewbots, totally not sus behavior.

4 Likes

Yup and the 1st comment on the post got removed when pointing that out. The comment had 50 likes too.

:cat2: :cat2: :cat2:

2 Likes

I haven’t boughten a service from Blizzard other than game and monthly fee. I don’t believe in the shop, as to me it’s a money grab because their current model is failing them to retain membership.

I know when Star Wars: The old Republic had gone Fee to play within 8 months of the game going live I continued to pay the monthly subscription fee. When they opened up a shop to spend extra money on random in-game goodies, I used the currency I had in game to buy the items on the auction house.

Mount is free all you got to do is watch
if you want the owl you have to gift subs

I’ll pass on that pet. I already bought the game and all of the expansions plus pay the game subscription, and I pay for Prime. Now you expect me to pay more money to Amazon’s Twitch? If the streamers actually got the full amount of the subscription, I’d be more inclined to “support” them.

I have more pets than I’d ever use anyway!

1 Like

Now you know why some of us say WoW is run like a f2p freemium game.

4 Likes

This is my point that microtransaction stuff is coming to subscription games anyway. They get away with it = they will do it.

And the subscription model adds all sorts of perverse incentives to slow down gameplay and time-gate everything.

So smart people will support games without subs. Microtransactions are like capitalism. They’re downright horrible and they literally ruin people but at the moment everything else is worse, because the microtransaction model has two incentives other models do not have:

1. Game should be fun enough to keep people playing (because if they’re not playing, they’re not buying)
  2. Every time you open your wallet, you actually get something. And the incentive is to give people stuff they actually want, not scam them. You know that big sword they nerfed to be small out of, presumably, spite? Nuh-uh. You can’t do that on a microtransaction. It’s illegal and people will close their wallets after.