Support a Streamer and Twitch Drops Now Live!

I hope so!

Must’ve changed it recently. I’ve done it multiple times on my tv / Xbox. The most recent one I did on a PC because I did it at work :joy:

1 Like

Streaming functions by exploiting parasocial behavior. There’s a reason most streamer schticks involve talking to their streamers like they’re good friends, and that they care very deeply about their watchers as more than just little piggy banks.

It’s a spectrum of gross behavior, with the least awful just being rage bait farmers complaining about a game, all the way up to hot tub streamers on twitch trying to get underage boys to burn their parents money on them.

I would assume the big money for them is shilling products, but that would be a guess, the ad revenue on some platforms, the “subscription” gimmicks, merchandise. Of all adds up I’m sure.

2 Likes

Did everyone READ the article?

#3: While the channel is live streaming World of Warcraft, purchase a cumulative of two (2) subscriptions of any tier to earn the reward.

As others have said then don’t. Just open a tab with the stream and mute the sound. Or open a stream then go do something else besides be on the computer. Not sure why this is so hard for people to do. Oh wait, we have to complain about something I guess :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Sure did and that’s exactly why not doing it.

As said before, not going to incur 2 charges on my card just to get a pet from having 2 streamers in the background .Would rather have my choices of music in the background on another device.

2 Likes

You forgot the part where you have to buy two subs to some random streamer. And the part where they can, and will, use the twitch raid “feature” to pass their streamers off to a different streamer, that might not even be eligible for the drop.

1 Like

Yeah, I have “watched” streams to get drops (running minimized) but totally not worth money.

1 Like

Of course people are upset, it’s not the first time they do this and the overall feedback the other times was already like this, not because the prize, but because most people here don’t care about streamers or specially WANT to watch any of then, but of course, when you just give such an expensive item for “free” people will feel the “FOMO” to do it, because why wouldn’t they? Then move on without even remembering whatever stream they’ve watched or even using the “incredible reward”, because it’s worthless now. Like the Feldrake is now that more then one third of the profiles has.

And as usual, Bliz ignore feedback 'til it’s to late. But good news everyone, interest on WoW have raised on Twitch!!!1!!

The worst thing is people defending those things as usual, just because it’s a mount that only half a percent of the playerbase has.

Just start putting gladiator mounts, mythic raid mounts and the AH dinosaur on those drops to. For those things you already isn’t “playing the game” since people just buy rushes anyway.

“Business decision” lmao, yea, no s***. Diablo Immortal was also an “business decision” it certainly made a bunch of money for Bliz, but at what price for their integrity as a company huh? I guess f*** that and gimme free expensive ghastly horse, so after that we can continue complaining 24 hours on here of how the game sucks and how Bliz sucks. The same critics that will rush to watch streams on the first day I guarantee.

This community is a joke and honestly deserve a game like that. And deserve every bad decision that bliz shove in their a***.

1 Like

I wasn’t talking about the pet you have to do the sub thing for. I was talking about the Twitch drops. If the streamer goes offline or passes you off to someone that isn’t doing the drops. Just do it again another day, you have over 3 weeks to do it.

If you don’t like the way they are doing this, then don’t do it. But don’t act like it’s some super complicated thing to do either. Now I get people don’t want to support what is essentially a micro transaction with the sub thing for the the pet. But that is seperate form the Twitch drop.

Honestly, most people that are upset about it are the ones like myself who would rather just throw Blizz the money (since you need to purchase 2 subscriptions, it’s in the actual article) than give a streamer that we never watch the money.

It boils down to simple principal. I’d rather not support someone I could care less about and just support the company directly. (Streamers aren’t for everyone)

3 Likes

I’m not going to be a part of Streamer Stimulus Season for a cheap mount Blizz but thanks.

3 Likes

This isn’t an amazing mount, but it’s anything but “cheap.”

As in, the card sells for over a thousand bucks.

To people with more money than brains. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

WoW streamers are horrible. Not worth it.

Nice. I like free stuff. Twitch is lame, but mostly because of the lengthy ads.

Ok, nevermind then, lmao!

1 Like

Sure, but now that market’s dead, and this is only a good thing.

I mean, yes, I agree that it’s a good thing that people who blew money on this mount will watch it go for its actual value of almost nothing.

1 Like

Having a sub to a channel eliminates the ads and also has some silly chat perks. I don’t know how the payout works.

Assuming War Within numbers are looking bad so need to inflate with Twitch views to make the expansion seem good

1 Like