Support a Streamer and Twitch Drops Now Live!

The officials are only interested in promoting the current view count on Twitter for advertising purposes.
Not to mention improving the game environment to better suit streamers.

Exactly. This is how you get easy drops.

If i had to guess, i’d say it’s some type of contract/exchange between them, WoW gets to trend on their platform, Twitch get a bunch of new WoW players joining, handing over their data and watching crap there for X amount of hours, there has to be some money in it too. The sad thing is, Blizzard is monetizing us, the players… we (more importantly, our data) are the thing that’s being traded :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Is it free if you have to suffer through watching someone play wow for 4 hours?

Oh classic sometimes it up when retail is down. Lol

I also have watched streams that were recorded and playing back to get drops in the past.

A livestream of a stream. Streamception? lol

So if this is popping there again does that mean Prime is going to kick back up as well.

Tempted, but I don’t have Twitch and don’t need a reason to have it, but very tempting.

People are equating listening to a stream for a few hours like it’s some kind of death march. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

You almost got me Blizz.

This though, ain’t happening to get a ghost bird,

While the channel is live streaming World of Warcraft, purchase a cumulative of two (2) subscriptions of any tier to earn the reward.

I would have done it for watching someone for 4 hours (aka muting my phone while I play WoW) or even bought it directly from the ingame shop $$. But not for a subscription to something I don’t use.

Also, to the people saying it’s just watching a streamer, it’s not. Read the actual event.

1. Log in to your Twitch account (if necessary, first create a Twitch account for free at Twitchtv).
  2. Visit any Twitch channel streaming World of Warcraft.
  3. While the channel is live streaming World of Warcraft, purchase a cumulative of two (2) subscriptions of any tier to earn the reward.
3 Likes

I survived my sister’s Thanksgiving cooking… which was an entire different type of death march. So I will survive this with the aid of a mute button.

I am a tiny bit annoyed with the needing to pay for the pet though. Just let me buy it, don’t make me fiddle with third party subscriptions that I will just cancel after I have the pet.

:cookie:

2 Likes

Well, no. People just don’t like streamers or streamer culture.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m with you right there.

I’m not paying and then cancelling something on my card over watching a stream to get this,especially 2 .

2 Likes

Ugh. Thanks for making every TCG item worthless.

Some of us really don’t like streamers. I’m not paying some rando to get a pet.

2 Likes

IDK, I just woke up but in the FAQ:

Q. What devices can I use to earn and claim drops?**
A. You can earn and claim drops using your PC/Mac web browser or on the Twitch app for Android or iOS. Twitch apps on game consoles, smart TVs, and other TV apps do not support drops.

Only time that’s being wasted is linking your account and finding a Twitch guy/gal to “watch”. You don’t have to watch the stream, just put it in a browser in the background, or on your phone/tablet.

Which is indeed wasted time and RAM. I’m glad we could come to the same conclusion.

Why are people getting so upset about a promotional item which simultaneously supports WoW streamers? This seems like an incredibly tone-deaf response by the community.

1 Like

Lol why would I ever want to support some bozo streamer who literally has the easiest job in the world(not even a real job) and doesn’t need the money?

They should be supporting the rest of us that actually have to work for a living.

2 Likes

Sad to say some of you are adults. I sense heavy hand holding and spoiled brats from some of these comments.

Simple advertisement tools to use streamers to promote the game.

In this day in age mmorpgs are declining. They got to do what they can to keep our game genera alive. :beers:

Oh boy, another episode of trying to get players to watch other people play your game. Not even something exciting, like the rooster mount, or an old blizzcon reward.

Not worth supporting twitch for either of those.

1 Like

I don’t like watching streamers play a game that I am playing, just seems dumb to me. But I am confused about the subscription model. Do streamers make money streaming by people giving them subscriptions? Wouldn’t that just be like giving them money, but the service hosting the streamer gets a cut?

Looks like a business model that is supportive by people that have extra currency to support streamers, I’m not one of those. So, we can get one item from watching the streamer, but the other only by giving streamers money to get an in-game code to an item from Blizzard?

Guess that’s how to save marketing money in 2024 by advertising online by streamers who instead of being paid by Blizzard are paid by customers.

1 Like