Sunreavers [spoilers]

i’m at the same point with bfa as i am with game of thrones. the night king and n’zoth are my best friends now. hope they win. :neutral_face:

1 Like

I’m not sure they have ever released population numbers regarding the Sunreavers, pre or post Purge have they? Doesn’t really matter I guess. Blizzard believes enough innocent Sunreavers died for a group to try and get vengeance for their fallen comrades. And they’ll die at Jaina’s hands (again), aided by Thrall, Saurfang and the Horde PC this time around.

Blizzard knocking it out of the park with the faction pride this expansion /s.

10 Likes

Well the Silver Covenant are High Elves and according to this forum Blood Elves are High Elves therefore Blood Elves killed Blood Elves and therefore the Sunreavers should be angry at Blood Elves.

3 Likes

Blizzard does not handle nuance well. There is hints of it, but the emotions and overall set up of things ruin it. I get Jaina not seeing much wrong with what she did, but we should not have to help her against them at the same time.

I agree with the notion that its odd that Blizzard inserts High Elves a lot as foils to Blood Elves yet they are not playable. At best, that argument is referring to the idea that using WC2 nostalgia as the reason for adding playable High Elves is already answered by Blood Elves being playable, but I find it weak myself. I do not think anyone seriously argues that there is no political (practically racial) divide between Alliance High Elves and Horde Blood Elves.

5 Likes

What does Quel’thalas, as a nation, have to do with some Sunreaver outliners?
You clearly know nothing about Sunreavers, besides being Blood elves. Go read something.

1 Like

That discussion goes here.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/alliance-high-elf-allied-race-megathread/146463/2504

Something like, Shadows of the Sun, perhaps? Where Aethas required permission from Lor’themar to aid Dalaran in Northrend? Or perhaps something like dialogue from MoP where Lor’themar tells Rommath to add the Sunreavers to the forces of the Magistry after the Purge?

Hrmn… it’s almost like Quel’Thalas has quite a lot to do with the Sunreavers.

2 Likes

The Sunreavers are a faction of Blood elves that reside in Dalaran. You could argue that, because one of their goals is to have the Blood elves (High elves pre 3rd war) brought back into the Kirin Tor, is a connection to Quel’thalas Aka Horde. But they are as the Silver Covenant is to the Alliance.

So here is a debate for you: Is the Alliance (And Jaina) responsible for the blood shed that the Silver Covenant done, during the Purge. Or is it not?

If you say No: Then you are a hypocrite.

Except the Sunreavers came from Quel’Thalas after abandoning Dalaran, and guess where they went after the Purge, up until Aethas bartered royal heirlooms for re-admission?

Of course they’re responsible. Exacting justice was their responsibility for the treason of the Sunreavers. The moment Aethas learned of the treason of even a handful of his followers, his responsibility was to report it to the Council of Six. Instead, he chose Loyalty to Quel’Thalas, over Loyalty to Dalaran. He committed treason against Dalaran.

2 Likes

Not turning this into a debate of “whose right and whose wrong”. And I am sick of Alliance expecting me to defend YOUR faction. Do it yourself.

We were debating the Sunreavers and their affiliation with Quel’thalas directly.

And as far as I’m concerned: I think it’s great. Push Quel’thalas further away. Alienate them. I’m sure you would do the very same if the Silver Covenant did the same thing and took matters into their own hands, spilling blood.

Oh wait. No you wouldn’t. You would be perfectly fine with it and expect to sweep it under the rug. So…Why am I having to explain this to you again?

Except the Silver Covenant didn’t betray Dalaran to bring a weapon of mass destruction into the hands of a corrupt High King, so I don’t see why you’re even trying to make a comparison.

The Sunreavers committed treason. While only a handful were implicit, the moment Aethas, their leader, added to that treason by not reporting it or stopping it, is the moment the entire faction became complicit.

I mean, the Blood Elves judge an entire race/faction by individuals, so why shouldn’t the Alliance? I hear Garithos brought up all the time by Blood Elf players.

5 Likes

“Leader does bad, therefore mass arrest, murders and beatings of entire group is fine.”

11 Likes

Sunreaver commits treason. Theramore is destroyed. No action taken against Sunreavers, accepting it was a one-time thing.

Sunreavers commit treason again. Leader commits treason. Weapon of Mass Destruction is in the hands of a megalomaniac. Tell the Sunreavers to GTFO and their leader refuses. Arrest everyone, kill any who resist.

3 Likes

The Blood Elves made a nuke and dropped it on Theramore, and then later broke Dalaran’s neutrality to use the city’s portal system to steal a Pandaren artifact from Darnassus.

They deserved to be kicked out of Dalaran and/or put under arrest.

1 Like

:unamused:

4 Likes

Don’t be upset with me. I was just giving a little history lesson.

Though I guess technically it was a Goblin zepplin that dropped the bomb. Although, I am sure there were Blood Elves onboard as well, upkeeping the mana bomb n all.

So what your saying is that Blizzard simply treats the Horde as antagonists so the Alliance can be the heroes and then shoehorns us into everything else while designing it for the sake of an Alliance viewpoint so they can take Horde player money.

Again we have the ironic situation that that your caught between crowing about how the Horde is all villains while trying to claim that the game isn’t favouring the Alliance in its narrative.

Go on Zerde. Tell us again how it isn’t the case, but it is, but it isn’t but it is.

The guy who designed the bomb was literally in a prison in Theramore at the time. Considering he pretty much claims full responsablity in Warcrimes it seems likely he was the one who did the technical stuff for the bomb. Horde players break him out during the Theramore scenario.

Considering most of the BEs that Horde members rescue have no idea what is going on outside Alliance or SC members attacking them it is hardly surprising they resist. Then there is that guy who was fed to a shark. I suppose he was resisting by struggling while dangling helplessly in the air above said shark.

Maybe is Jaina had actually used Kirin Tor guards rather than sicking Alliance soldiers and SC member with a grudge on the unexpecting Sunreaver population, she might have avoided so much violence. Either she is an idiot or she is full of it.

12 Likes

Just sounds like he (and maybe others) are with Sylvanas.

I am Magister Hathorel, one of the many innocent Sunreaver mages you sicced your Silver Covenant dogs upon.

A few who were following the orders of their lawful Warchief. As I do now.

I mean, he refers to himself as ‘one of the many innocent Sunreaver mages’. The few he’s mentioning don’t seem (from this text) to include himself. The only one we’ve ever known of is a nameless mage and arguably Aethas.

9 Likes

I’d claim full responsibility too, if my weapon blew up an enemy capital city.