Sunreavers [spoilers]

So, in the new upcoming patch theres gonna be a quest to help Thrall and Jaina rescue Baine.

Andn at some point this happens:

so I guess that means the Sunreavers as an organization are loyal to Sylvanas?

I’ve met and RPed with some great Sunreaver roleplayers here on Wyrmrest: theres even a neat sunreaver theme guild full of nice, welcoming people!

But the general feeling I got from them is that they were not in support of Sylvanas. So… I wonder what this means for them?

7 Likes

I doubt it means the entire group is behind Sylvanas. There was that whole plotline in Legion about Aethas and the Sunreavers returning to Dalaran. It’s almost certainly some renegade vengeance-monger (this Roma Bloodstrike character), even if their attitude should rightly be shared by the entire group.

18 Likes

So uh, Blizzard is basically making the bug in the original scenario canon? Okay…

Also some really nice selective memory on the part of the Sunreavers there, but I guess that’s needed for this to go down. The whole reason the Purge of Dalaran happened was because Garrosh strongarmed the Sunreavers into a betrayal… but I guess they don’t see the parallels despite it happening only three or so years ago in canon.

25 Likes

It possibly means the death of any hope for the BE narrative. Like anything bad that Alliance does to the Horde, it gets overshadowed by the current Evil Warchief. I wonder if Blizzard even realized that, while understandable why they would want to fight Jaina regardless of circumstance, it will feel really bad for Blood Elf players or Horde who care about this in general. People with a good reason to hate Jaina have to be villains to non Sylvanas loyalist Horde players as well.

21 Likes

It’s most certainly a segment of the group, like how there was Sunreaver agent(s) sabotaging Dalaran against the Burning Legion during the Mage Campaign of Legion.

2 Likes

Excitement aside, we shouldn’t be too fast in saying this represents the Sunreavers as an organization.

It could very well be a single Sunreaver in command of some Dark Rangers who feels very strongly about the Purge.

Also, in before this turns into another Purge thread.

1 Like

You are waaaaaay too late for that.

Wasn’t it one particular person who did it?
Also, https://imgur.com/gallery/O8ESmGc

2 Likes

even without the bug, we did kill some sunreavers, but it was mostly us and silver covenant, which rowa bloodstrike will blame jaina for

3 Likes

It’s absurd to pretend that the “bug” somehow makes the Purge less of a crime.

Even if you exclude Jaina, the Purge still consisted of Silver Covenant elves flooding the streets the murder Blood Elves. The Alliance player is dispatched to kill shopkeepers. All of this is the result of Jaina’s order.

Ya’ll can pretend all day that Rowa’s position doesn’t make sense, but it does.

33 Likes

I just find the language weird, is all, but this is early versions of things anyway so maybe stuff will change.

i mean, blizzard is painting them as the villains of this scenario, and you kill them all no matter what, regardless if you are a loyalist or not

1 Like

I sincerely hope this is the case. But I have a bad feeling it will be a room of living Blood Elf rangers.

1 Like

That’s why this is not going to work.
Blood elves killing sunreavers for Jaina is not right.

39 Likes

somewhere at blizzard someone is throwing up their arms in frustration that we care so much about the story.

“We wanted you to care about the story enough to constantly give us money,” he says, “but not to care so much that you’d actually want the story to be good!”

7 Likes

It’s less about being pro-Sylvanas and more about wanting justice for what Jaina did in Dalaran.

11 Likes

Or a Zandalari working with the person that recently destroy their city and killed their king… Awkward to say at least.

11 Likes

There are so many unresolved questions in this scenario that it’s too early to speculate. Were the Sunreavers guarding Baine? Sylvanas obviously knows about Baine being rescued and even seemingly wants it to happen since the Loyalist scenario plays out the same way. Did Sylvanas station these Sunreavers there knowing they would be killed? Are Jaina and Thrall stumbling around in the dark and the Sunreavers are just the first group they run into?

I’m happy that Blizzard is acknowledging that many Horde consider Jaina a cold-blooded murderer. Not sure why we have to help her though.

1 Like

thralll and jaina sitting in a tree!

the fact that theyre bringing my favorite power couple back was almost enough to make me resubscribe out of sheer nostalgia

Shame Horde Loyalists are likely going to have to kill them too. I respect their ability to hold a grudge.

It’s something I have grown to strongly relate to as a Horde PC.

13 Likes